Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 10:52 am

PVD has reopened. The staff was very friendly but you have to order the food and beverage from them, and they bring it out. The portions are laughably tiny for wait service. They should do it like DEN where everything is individual portions but you can take what you want.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
According to Facebook, the Escape Lounge in MSP has reopened. I am transiting through there Saturday and may check it out.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by esc2476
According to Facebook, the Escape Lounge in MSP has reopened. I am transiting through there Saturday and may check it out.
Also the most recent post in the MSP-specific thread: MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Originally Posted by gruntermen
The Escape Lounge at MSP appears to be open but only between 8 am and 4 pm.
GUWonder and esc2476 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: Various
SMF Escape Open - Both Terminals

I was in the B Lounge on 8/13, and the MOD mentioned A Lounge would be opening 8/16. According to the AMEX app, it shows as open.

Terminal A = 5:00 am - 2: 00 pm 7 days
Terminal B = 6:00 am - 2: 00 pm 7 days

😎
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Anyone used the book the lounge advanced feature on escape lounge website? Oddly it prompts for a payment towards the end though it says free Amex platinum? Not willing to put in my platinum card and get charged lol
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:00 am

ultrasoul you cannot book complimentary access in advance. When attempting to book, there is a drop down menu which reads "For American Express Cardholders and those travelling with babies, toddlers or in large groups." Clicking the drop down menu provides additional terms and conditions...

American Express Platinum Card Members and Centurion® Card Members receive complimentary entry for themselves and up to two guests. Complimentary entry for American Express Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card and $30 for additional guests.* American Express Platinum Card Members, Centurion® Card Members and American Express Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Members must show their card upon arrival to receive complimentary entry. Complimentary entry cannot be booked in advance online.

My emphasis added to the above, the option to book ahead is only for paying guests.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any insight into whether or not Amex/Escape plans on re-opening the lounges, or at least one, at ONT?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:27 am

bocastephen sorry I don't have any special insight but looking at the US website the ONT lounge isn't even reported as an existing location. Similarly the lounge does not report as an option when searching through LoungeBuddy.

EDIT: Derp... I should have checked this thread before combing through google. Post 107 has details confirming that both of these lounges (T2 and T4) are permanent closures. No word as to whether or not amex or another lounge operator intends to swoop in.

If I dig a little through google I can still find the page for the lounge on Escape ( https://escapelounges.tech/us/locati...io-terminal-4/ ) but I suspect that this is relic and not meant to be retrievable. Digging around on Yelp, I found a picture of the notice posted to the lounge's door which reads as follows...

Ontario International Airport
Lounge is closed for now... but not forever!
Thank you for your continued patience as we work on upgrading your experience.
For questions, please call (909)544-5300 | Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
The picture was posted on June 25, 2021, so it seems the lounge has been out of commission for a while now. Also of note, that number is for the airport itself and not Escape (and there is no Escape branding on the notice). I can't find any detail as to why the lounge closed but it at least has the appearance of being a permanent closure.

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Jan 28, 2022 at 6:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.