FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)
Old May 16, 2017, 4:02 am
DrivingRain

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mia
There is an image here. Does it match your recollection?

https://loungereview.com/lounges/escape-lounge-bdl/
Yes, MIA...

That BDL lounge has plenty of soft seating. Im guessing MSP Econ just saw a picture of the food-side of the lounge. There are more seats tucked away in back corners too outside of the photo you posted as well. I'd say the BDL lounge isnt huge, but it's certainly bigger than the BDL Admirals Club. I'd guess around 2500 sqft.

I've been to all three:
The Escape BDL food is very good. Not quite Centurion IMO, but very close. If someone said the Escape BDL food was better than Cent I wouldnt argue w/them.

The food at MSP isnt as good as BDL or OAK. It just isnt presented as nicely. It's sort of sloppy looking. Maybe b/c of those heat lamps or those cafeteria-style cold areas someone else mentioned. BDL/OAK do not have those and the food just looks nicer than MSP. That being said, MSP makes a great hot ham & cheese sandwich. That and a beer is a real meal.

So despite my criticism I'd say the Escape MSP food certainly blows away the "new" MSP Skyclub down the hall. And agree they need more staff. But I cant understand how DL can look itself in the eyes at MSP knowing that Escape's food is so much better. Maybe they want those that have AXP/PP to choose Escape to help with over-crowding?

I like the OAK lounge as much as the BDL lounge. It's a small sample size, but I'd say the food is best at OAK-- but the staff is better at BDL.