Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Doha.
While I have done Dubai for a weekend before, I'd stay a bit closer to home this time
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
AUS or SAT are easy ^
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
My fiance is traveling out of IAH later today. I've asked her to make sure she stops by the lounge. I'll report back on if they're handing out any gifts for the lounge opening.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Still no email from Amex...guess we'll need an eyewitness!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:48 pm

Opened today

Lounge opened today. I am there. They are giving away 2200 mah power banks. It is not at the location by D8 as shown in some of the previous pics. Amex lounge in on the mezzanine level (take elevator by D6 next to the duty free shop)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Slickdealer05
Lounge opened today. I am there. They are giving away 2200 mah power banks. It is not at the location by D8 as shown in some of the previous pics. Amex lounge in on the mezzanine level (take elevator by D6 next to the duty free shop)
Woohoo!!! ^
Welcome to FT!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
AUS or SAT are easy ^
Slow morning at work, decided I am going to Mississippi (I know...). $165 r/t to GPT on the United specials page. Going to go to the beach, hit a couple microbreweries, and hike a bit in DeSoto National Park. Better than hanging out at home for a weekend and not doing anything.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Slow morning at work, decided I am going to Mississippi (I know...). $165 r/t to GPT on the United specials page. Going to go to the beach, hit a couple microbreweries, and hike a bit in DeSoto National Park. Better than hanging out at home for a weekend and not doing anything.
Nice! Will hafta do that sometime!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:07 pm

Amex customer service also replied finally, after I got to the lounge!

@AskAmex
Jun 24 1:44 pm

@slickdealer05 Hi.Just following up w/you.Our Centurion Lounge at Houston George Bush Intercontinental opened today.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I still haven't received an email from AmEx on this.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:07 pm

Elevator is out of order. Nobody can enter or leave the lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's an auspicious beginning.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Fiance just called and told me the same thing. I said, "There has to be stairs, right? How are people getting out?"

Weird!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Fiance just called and told me the same thing. I said, "There has to be stairs, right? How are people getting out?"

Weird!
There would have to be emergency stairs, for use if for example there's a fire, but they might lead to an area of the airport that's not within the airside zone for TSA cleared passengers.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:20 pm

Apparently some way out, but would then need to re-clear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.