Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duhey2
I stopped by the city's common-use lounge today and asked if they knew anything and they said it's opening tomorrow (Thurs, 06/24). It will be accessible by the elevator that's at the rear of the duty free store across from the Hershey's stand (used to be Jack Daniel's). If you're looking at the escalators, the elevator is to the left at the end of the wall of liquors.

I rode in the elevator and sure enough it read "Mezzanine Centurion Lounge".

My hope is that the staff didn't misunderstand.
No offense to the good people of the contract lounge, but I'll believe it's open when I see a flurry of posts in this thread. I flew AA out of IAH last month and had an AA employee at check in ask me if I knew when the new Admirals Club would open! That was in response to my question if there was a lounge I could use... so I wouldn't count on airport employees to know much... I mean, when an AAgent asks a passenger about something that is AA business, that inspires very little confidence....

The pics upthread by grouchysaurus suggest a date of June 30 to finish construction, so I think Amex is going to take "first half 2016" for all it's worth!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Nice writeup here, says it is opening in "a few days"

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ounge-houston/
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by joachimm

Thanks for that!! ^
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:26 am

Hope they have gift bags to the end of July.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
No offense to the good people of the contract lounge, but I'll believe it's open when I see a flurry of posts in this thread. I flew AA out of IAH last month and had an AA employee at check in ask me if I knew when the new Admirals Club would open! That was in response to my question if there was a lounge I could use... so I wouldn't count on airport employees to know much... I mean, when an AAgent asks a passenger about something that is AA business, that inspires very little confidence....

The pics upthread by grouchysaurus suggest a date of June 30 to finish construction, so I think Amex is going to take "first half 2016" for all it's worth!
http://www.chron.com/life/society/ar...photo-10434933
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Out of curiosity, I looked back in email archives, and Amex did send an email announcement the day SFO CL opened (followed by PM&M blog), so that and/or this thread will be the best ways to know, I guess. Was sent at 8am local time for SFO...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by joachimm

Thanks for sharing I'm flying out next Wendessay and will love if it's up
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA1K
i may have to SDC my SNA-SFO-MCI flight on 7/7 to SNA-IAH-MCI if it's open so i can check it out.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:40 pm

Awesome updates! Thx everyone!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
I have it on good authority the security sweep was being done this afternoon and that was the final hurdle. FWIW, IAH is now showing as a lounge location (ie, not "Coming Soon!") on the Centurion Lounge website.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duhey2
I have it on good authority the security sweep was being done this afternoon and that was the final hurdle. FWIW, IAH is now showing as a lounge location (ie, not "Coming Soon!") on the Centurion Lounge website.

Says it's open now!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:23 am

Will be there this afternoon, will confirm it's gone live unless someone else does it first!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:33 am

"The newest Centurion Lounge opens today in Houston (IAH)"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolm.../#6253d3d651bc
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Will be there this afternoon, will confirm it's gone live unless someone else does it first!
I really wish I had a flight this weekend. I want to check it out.

Edit: now I'm looking for cheap tickets for a weekend trip... where to go?

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jun 24, 2016 at 7:18 am
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I really wish I had a flight this weekend. I want to check it out.

Edit: now I'm looking for cheap tickets for a weekend trip... where to go?
Doha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.