Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Cross post from the "what's in your beer fridge" thread:

AB InBev Sellout Sympathy for the Lager
AB InBev Sellout Karbachtoberfest
Indeed. Sigh.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I found the "soup" so thick that I ended up using it as a sort of gravy for the chicken!

The panna cotta, though delicious, had no black pepper that I could discern.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:14 pm

Do I have enough time?

First time in a long while to make a transit connection at IAH.

Arriving on a Sunday morning on UA at the E gate area, with 1h 26m connection on another UA flight over at the B gate area.

I wonder if there is enough time to go to the Centurion Lounge in the D gate area or I should just go to the UC in the B gate area?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Clipper801
First time in a long while to make a transit connection at IAH.

Arriving on a Sunday morning on UA at the E gate area, with 1h 26m connection on another UA flight over at the B gate area.

I wonder if there is enough time to go to the Centurion Lounge in the D gate area or I should just go to the UC in the B gate area?

Many thanks!
No problem if inbound on time.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No problem if inbound on time.
Thanks!

How much time should I allow to go from the Amex Centurion Lounge to UA B gates area assuming a normal/leisurely pace?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:51 am

Thanks!

How much time should I allow to go from the Amex Centurion Lounge to UA B gates area assuming a normal/leisurely pace?
You're close to the Skytrain station which you'll take to B. 15 minutes should be plenty.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:20 am

You're close to the Skytrain station which you'll take to B. 15 minutes should be plenty.
^ Thanks!

Hope my inbound flight will be punctual!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:28 pm

Just received a Swell bottle as a gift at the checkin desk. Nice!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:33 pm

Just received a Swell bottle as a gift at the checkin desk. Nice!
^

(I'm travelling in the new year. They are probably all gone by then! Too bad.)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:38 pm

We traveled on the 29th and didn't get any gift..although to be fair it was after Christmas. We are also not Centurion just Platinum so might not have received anything anyway. They changed the menu since the last time I was there in Nov....the shredded beef is pretty tasty and they have apple pears above the bar which I love!!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by grouchysaurus
We traveled on the 29th and didn't get any gift..although to be fair it was after Christmas. We are also not Centurion just Platinum so might not have received anything anyway. They changed the menu since the last time I was there in Nov....the shredded beef is pretty tasty and they have apple pears above the bar which I love!!
I have Platinum & received gift. They probably just ran out. Sorry mate. Definitely not any gifts on Dec 30th
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United 1K
First visit to the IAH lounge on New Years Day. I don't like it as much as SFO or DFW but still a very nice lounge. I am sure it is mentioned somewhere on here but again, the elevator is literally IN the duty free shop. It was hilarious trying to find it. Also, they guy in front of me checked in with a Centurion Card!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Here right now, the new menu is great. Love the braised beef! The lentils and braised greens are really good too.

Definitely busy with most tables taken in the restaurant but pretty subdued crowd.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:10 pm

My inbound was on time and stopped by the IAH Amex Lounge for about half an hour at around 7:30am. Yes, the elevator was hard to find. I ended up taking the escalator down to the ground floor and then take the elevator back up to mezz. level. The breakfast offer was somewhat sparse and disappointing. Very few items. Lounge was not very busy at that time of the morning.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:50 pm

The breakfast offer was somewhat sparse and disappointing. Very few items.
Certainly not the norm, and I've been there many many mornings. The egg cocotte(sp?) is great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.