Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
This is very, very exciting. In just over three years Amex has now opened... wait for it... six, count them six, full lounges (not counting the "SEA Studio")

For context, that is two more than one airline, AA, has at one airport, DFW.

I suspect folks will be complaining about crowding in this new location in the not to distant future...

Regards
Of course, some here think if anyone else is there at the same time, its crowded.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Ooooh fun, this is 3-for-3 I randomly end up at a Centurion Lounge the week of opening! Let's hope it's open late...and there's still Centurion gifts left!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:57 pm

Visited the lounge today from 2 to 4 p.m. Busy but not crowded. Several managers and a Flik (company which caters all the CLs) Executive Chef were greeting guests. Not only were the 2200 mAh Power Banks still available as gifts, but an additional gift of a S'well hot/cold 9 oz. bottle was in the black Amex shopping bag. The Lounge Manager said these bottles were always meant to be given, but the supply did not arrive until today.
Attached Images  

Last edited by AjFlyer; Jun 28, 2016 at 8:05 am
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by AjFlyer
Visited the lounge today from 2 to 4 p.m, Busy but not crowded. Several managers and a Flik (company which caters all the CLs) Executive Chef were greeting guests. Not only were the 2200 mAh Power Banks still available as gifts, but an additional gift of a S'well hot/cold 9 oz. bottle was in the black Amex shopping bag. The Lounge Manager said these bottles were always meant to be given, but the supply did not arrive until today.
Sweet - thanks for sharing! Do you know if they're doing different gifts for Platinum and Centurion like LaGuardia did?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Well phooey. Swell bottles are awesome.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Sweet - thanks for sharing! Do you know if they're doing different gifts for Platinum and Centurion like LaGuardia did?
Lounge Manager said same gift(s) for Platinum/Centurion at IAH when I mentioned MIA had Amex umbrella for Platinum and a Power Bank for Centurion.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:33 pm

Oh my god I hope they still have those Swell bottle on Friday!!!! Thanks for the post AJFlyer!!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:01 pm

There now between 2 and 4, still had Swell bottles so that's nice. Steady but not overwhelming, the elevator is hard to find and it's a little out the way which is great!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:37 pm

Great news that this is open. Will need to try it when I am in IAH later this week.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by sapman986
Great news that this is open. Will need to try it when I am in IAH later this week.
Great spot. Was there yesterday. It raises the bar for Lounge quality in IAH.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
How is the walking time between the lounge and the C and E UA gates?
I would say 5 minutes from E and 10 minutes from C gates

Not too bad at all especially if you compare to other airports.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Not too bad at all especially if you compare to other airports.
IMO, IAH has got to be one of the easiest airports in the US to transit. You can get between every terminal using the airside monorail (which runs every ~2 minutes during the day) and go from the far end of B or A to C/D/E in 10-15 minutes. The only real issue of connecting at IAH if you're inbound and have to go through customs/immigration.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The only real issue of connecting at IAH if you're inbound and have to go through customs/immigration.
Still better than SFO, LAX, EWR

It's getting better now though because it used to be much worse. Bag interlining has improved and you can tell they are making improvements.

It's very clear LAX, SFO, EWR, etc. are only going to be the way it's.

This makes it perfect for AMEX to situate an lounge in Terminal D which most carriers lack an proper lounge in. C&E's can walk over to D.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:15 pm

accessible to incoming international pax?

Is the lounge accessible to incoming international pax?

My in-laws who are AUs on my plat with be flying into IAH (on Air NZ) and I'm wondering if they can go to the lounge on arrival or if after clearing passport control they'll be in the "before TSA" part of the airport rather than still being in zone that is past security.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by QFCHC
Is the lounge accessible to incoming international pax?

My in-laws who are AUs on my plat with be flying into IAH (on Air NZ) and I'm wondering if they can go to the lounge on arrival or if after clearing passport control they'll be in the "before TSA" part of the airport rather than still being in zone that is past security.
No, unless going back in through security for a connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.