Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 5:41 pm

With the information shared by grouchysaurus + AA's app (and the pen of my Note 5 ) here's a little map showing where it will be located:

Old May 31, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
closer to C gates ^ than I expected and still within 16 min from A gates. KLM lounge is 14 min flat from the furthest A gate
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA1K
justin yu will be the chef for the new lounge, and according to the link below, slated to open end of this month. i'm very excited for this.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/r...or-7961547.php
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by haddon90
justin yu will be the chef for the new lounge, and according to the link below, slated to open end of this month. i'm very excited for this.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/r...or-7961547.php
It's going to be like Christmas in July! Hopefully it's done by the time my next IAH trip over 4th of July weekend.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:40 pm

I'll be in IAH tomorrow and, if time allows, might take a wander over to see how things are progressing.

Even though I flew through LGA a lot this year, I never once visited the Centurion Lounge there. The less time spent in that hellhole of an airport, the better.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
booked an IAH connection for late August ... hope it'll be open by then!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:34 pm

Not a lot has changed since Grouchysaurus' pictures.

Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sapman986
Not a lot has changed since Grouchysaurus' pictures.
So is it open?

Last edited by mia; Jun 17, 2016 at 12:45 pm Reason: Remove "quoted" image.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:35 pm

I am curious as well! Flying out of IAH on 6/29 and July 4th.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
So is it open?
No.

Originally Posted by chynnac
I am curious as well! Flying out of IAH on 6/29 and July 4th.
I'll be passing through on July 4 as well. Hoping it opens close enough to that date that I get some kind of welcome gift like they've offered in the past at other lounges.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Anyone has the latest update on the opening date? I will be connecting through IAH next Wed.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Anyone has the latest update on the opening date? I will be connecting through IAH next Wed.
Me too but nothing so far...
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:42 pm

Went back through IAH today. After looking at Sapman986's photo, the wall looks pretty finished and I thought it was odd there was no door. There is a small hallway behind that area that I thought might have a stair access or something but there is nothing. Talked to the guy at the check in desk for the Executive Club, and he said that they were doing construction related to the lounge along that wall but the actual entrance is going to be "second floor near security". He also estimated open date around end of July.

Edit - also saw a sign somewhere on the way toward terminal C that said they are "putting the finishing touches" on the new AMEX lounge.

Last edited by grouchysaurus; Jun 23, 2016 at 3:16 pm Reason: added sign info
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That would be this, in connector between D and E:

Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
I stopped by the city's common-use lounge today and asked if they knew anything and they said it's opening tomorrow (Thurs, 06/24). It will be accessible by the elevator that's at the rear of the duty free store across from the Hershey's stand (used to be Jack Daniel's). If you're looking at the escalators, the elevator is to the left at the end of the wall of liquors.

I rode in the elevator and sure enough it read "Mezzanine Centurion Lounge".

My hope is that the staff didn't misunderstand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.