Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

One post has been deleted, and several have been edited to remove the lounge attendant's name, description and other identifying information. Flyertalk is an appropriate venue to discuss American Express' policy and practice restricting outside food at Centurion lounges, but our privacy policy does not permit identifying individual employees. Any post that includes an attempt to individually identify the lounge attendant will be removed.

Last edited by mia; Jun 3, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by david55
I would pissed off too. By any chance did you think to ask if you could keep the bag behind their desk while you " enjoyed" the lounge.
Yes I asked that. Answer was a definitive "no".
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by jollybear
Yes I asked that. Answer was a definitive "no".
Lame. I had an AS lounge try to deny me access when they saw my takeout from the airport restaurant (a brownie) but when I explained it was for my upcoming flight, and I promised not to eat it in the lounge, they saw reason and let me in. There's a reason lounge attendants are sometimes called "dragons" - protecting their treasures at all costs even the expense of logic.

It's good to know that if it happens again, I just need to put my food in my backpack during check-in. Thanks for sacrificing your access to inform us. I'm not being sarcastic.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AS
Last visit to SEA lounge a week ago was very stressful. mid-morning and totally crowded. Food was down to almost nothing. When something got refilled, it was swarmed and gone in 5 minutes. Stayed for a latte and then decided to go to AS lounge. Much better perhaps because they were at the end of morning rush and much less crowding. Flying again tomorrow. Will hope for better conditions.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pcoll
Last visit to SEA lounge a week ago was very stressful. mid-morning and totally crowded. Food was down to almost nothing. When something got refilled, it was swarmed and gone in 5 minutes. Stayed for a latte and then decided to go to AS lounge. Much better perhaps because they were at the end of morning rush and much less crowding. Flying again tomorrow. Will hope for better conditions.
Same experience for me last week. I don't know why, but the food spread at the SEA CL is consistently worse than others. I much prefer to use PP to get into one of the AS lounges; at least there's space to relax and the food isn't much worse.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:41 am
mia

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
....I don't know why, but the food spread at the SEA CL is consistently worse than others. ...
Worse than the other Centurion locations? That is because SEA does not have an on-site kitchen, and all of the others do. When Seattle was first opened it was called a Centurion Studio. That nomenclature was dropped when it was enlarged, but there still wasn't space for a kitchen.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:57 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
The CL @sea also suffers greatly when compared to the lovely new Sky Club around the corner from it by A1. Since I'm almost always on DL, the only times I use the CL now are if I have a guest (since I'd have to pay $29 to get them into the SC) and we're leaving from low A or B. (High A or S gates and I'll use The Club instead.)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
First trip back here since the expanded bar area has been open. I'd rather be over at the SkyClub, but I'm flying AS today, so my fate was decided for me.

The breakfast spread is obviously a bit of a let down vs the other lounges, but the warmed turnovers (filled with eggs and mushrooms) weren't bad. I also liked the salami for cold cuts, the cinnamon rolls were tasty, and there was a good selection of fresh fruit to go with the yogurt. All in all it's perfectly serviceable, just not up to the offerings of the other Amex lounges. I arrived after midnight and just crashed in the terminal. No wait for the shower this morning which, which they don't open until 6 am.

Like the other Centurion lounges the bar service is limited to mimosas, bloodys, beer, and wine from 6 - 10:30am.

Beautiful view of Mt. Rainier this morning too:

kirkwoodj, hi55us and jinglish like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
First trip back here since the expanded bar area has been open. I'd rather be over at the SkyClub, but I'm flying AS today, so my fate was decided for me.

The breakfast spread is obviously a bit of a let down vs the other lounges, but the warmed turnovers (filled with eggs and mushrooms) weren't bad. I also liked the salami for cold cuts, the cinnamon rolls were tasty, and there was a good selection of fresh fruit to go with the yogurt. All in all it's perfectly serviceable, just not up to the offerings of the other Amex lounges. I arrived after midnight and just crashed in the terminal. No wait for the shower this morning which, which they don't open until 6 am.

Like the other Centurion lounges the bar service is limited to mimosas, bloodys, beer, and wine from 6 - 10:30am.

Beautiful view of Mt. Rainier this morning too:

I've done the wait until 6 AM for the shower as well. I personally think its ridiculous to not open this at 5 AM. It should be clean from the night before.

And I am still perplexed by the 10:30 AM start time for the good stuff.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The new shrimp roll/wraps are excellent!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by beckoa
The new shrimp roll/wraps are excellent!
Sounds good. Flying again next week.
Was it a Morning offering or lunch/afternoon? Our last visits, lunch/afternoon offerings were great. Mornings were OK.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Choose your drink choice wisely.., was told today that I couldn’t have my choice of ginger beer in my moscow mule. The Bundesburg “can only be used in certain drinks”..., but I had my choice of several vodkas
are ya kidding me?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Snuggs
Choose your drink choice wisely.., was told today that I couldn’t have my choice of ginger beer in my moscow mule. The Bundesburg “can only be used in certain drinks”..., but I had my choice of several vodkas
are ya kidding me?
Didn't realize they had ginger beer... odd that it's restricted.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:00 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Snuggs
....Bundesburg “can only be used in certain drinks”..., ....
One is mentioned on the website:

Penicillin Fizz | Westland American Single Malt, Lemon Juice, Smoked Honey Syrup, Angostura Bitters, Bundaberg Ginger Beer
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Didn't realize they had ginger beer... odd that it's restricted.
Perhaps they only keep a small quantity in stock?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.