Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Happy
I used the $5 on $15 order at WalMart.com on Friday night. Got the confirmation email literally within seconds. The charge already posted in activity, the offer said redeemed, and under the Savings tab, it said I have earned $5...

BUT, the actual credit is not there, yet...

In the past, the credit shows up and then the Savings tab would say you earned $. Now it is the other way round.
I have noticed this happening sometimes, too. The actual credit has always posted the next day for me.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
I have noticed this happening sometimes, too. The actual credit has always posted the next day for me.
Thanks for the data point. This is the first time I have seen such happening.

I have several other cards that has this nice offer and intend to use them all because of free store pick up and as we all stop at WMT ever so often anyway.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I used the Wal-Mart offer to pick up 4 $15 gift cards - already used them all.

November looks to be a very big month for AMEX offers between the Staples offer, Small Business Saturday and whatever else comes along. I do remember that AMEX was very generous during the holiday season last year.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Same issue and wondering the same thing. I waited 24 hours and tried another reload and got the same error. Come on Starbucks, it shouldn't be this hard to reload a card.
Did you get the confirmation email a second time?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:57 pm

November looks to be a very big month for AMEX offers between the Staples offer, Small Business Saturday and whatever else comes along. I do remember that AMEX was very generous during the holiday season last year.
I'm curious whether these offers are funded by AMEX or the merchants. My guess is merchants pay for these while AMEX acts as a marketing platform to bring in the traffic?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt that Amex funds them. Some of them are huge. I have one that is $1000 back for spending $5k+. The store must be offering the bulk of the discount, similar to a coupon.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Did you get the confirmation email a second time?
I tried with a different AMEX card. I'm waiting to see if the pending charges disappear before I try with the same card again.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bradcc
I'm curious whether these offers are funded by AMEX or the merchants.
If the offer is for a specific store or chain, the merchant offers the discount. If the offer for a category (e.g. Small Business Saturday), American Express offers the discount.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:44 am

So I Synced the Starbucks offer on 4 cards, proceeded to load my Starbucks card with each back to back. Starbucks denied the last two loads but I received the "Congrats" message from Amex and the charge is pending. Starbucks says the preauth will fall off in a couple days....but will I be able to use the Amex offer again?
I had a similar issue with the Walmart offer when Walmart cancelled a couple egift card orders. Amex had already sent the confirmation emails and did not send new confirmation emails when I charged the $15 on each card a week or so later. However, the $5 credits all posted as expected a couple days after the new $15 charges cleared so it didn't seem to affect the ability to redeem the offer.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrBumstead
I had a similar issue with the Walmart offer when Walmart cancelled a couple egift card orders. Amex had already sent the confirmation emails and did not send new confirmation emails when I charged the $15 on each card a week or so later. However, the $5 credits all posted as expected a couple days after the new $15 charges cleared so it didn't seem to affect the ability to redeem the offer.
Thanks, appreciate the datapoint. Will wait for the pre auths to fall off and try again.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used the Wal-Mart offer to pick up 4 $15 gift cards - already used them all.

I do not know you could buy gift cards from WalMart.com. Interesting.

We have some sundry items we need, and WalMart seems to have the lower prices than Target, so that suits us fine.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:24 am

Thanks, appreciate the datapoint. Will wait for the pre auths to fall off and try again.
It's not actually necessary to wait for the first preauths to fall off.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:06 am

Anybody find a reliable way to not have walmart egiftcards cancelled? I find their customer service is about as uselsess as Amex GC customer service. Maybe they are the same...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:55 am

It looks like there's a new AT&T offer $150 off $150

Now get an exclusive business offer with AT&T wireless on your Business Card from American Express OPEN! Enroll your eligible Card & pay your AT&T wireless bill of $150+ online or by phone by 4/15/15 & get a one-time $150 statement credit.

Has anyone found a way yet to use this on something other than a cell phone bill (or by paying for a friends bill if you don't have AT&T?)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Anybody find a reliable way to not have walmart egiftcards cancelled? I find their customer service is about as uselsess as Amex GC customer service. Maybe they are the same...
I didn't think the egift cards expired?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.