Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by lbotez
I've been doing these amex credit offers for a long time now. They never allow you to use egift cards. You always have to buy physical cards. egift cards do not work. Don't even bother.
This is not always true. I was able to get egift cards twice from Wal-Mart before it became a hassle and I had to get two physical cards for my other cards. Also, I do recall other people getting egift cards with some of the previous AMEX offers. Not often for sure, but sometimes.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by onthego15
This is not always true. I was able to get egift cards twice from Wal-Mart before it became a hassle and I had to get two physical cards for my other cards. Also, I do recall other people getting egift cards with some of the previous AMEX offers. Not often for sure, but sometimes.
The reason egift cards are spotty is that often they are sold by a third party (usually giftcardmall). So you're not actually buying from the merchant with the Sync deal. If the Sync merchant sells the egift cards themselves, they will qualify for the deal.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by dukerau
The reason egift cards are spotty is that often they are sold by a third party (usually giftcardmall).
Sorry but I don't see the difference to buying plastic gift cards (pun intended!)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:31 pm

So Allen Edmonds split up my order and now I don't meet the $200 threshold anymore.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jft3
So Allen Edmonds split up my order and now I don't meet the $200 threshold anymore.
The Allen Edmonds offer does not require it to be in a single purchase. Some offers specify that it must be in a single purchase, but this one does not. You should get it anyway.

Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200 or more in-store at Allen Edmonds or online at allenedmonds.com by 12/31/2014
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:01 pm

I guess we'll see what happens.

I ordered last Friday (21st), they put a temporary authorization for $212.71, but then removed it, only charged my $13.71 and then put a temporary hold for $199. I got the initial email thanking me for using my AMEX offer, and nothing since, but I'm guessing they don't charge until it ships (which hopefully is before the 31st!).

So yeah, get your orders in, because made to order means they might not charge your card till after the new year in which case you're SOL.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:04 pm

How did they split a single $200 order? Or did you actually buy merchandise on their site?

What I hate about that GC right now is that the granny says Junkcards pays 80% and when you go to their page it's only 65%. How can you report an error to granny?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
How did they split a single $200 order? Or did you actually buy merchandise on their site?
Yes, from their website.

It was two items in a single order, $199 and $12.71. So while the initial temporary authorization was $212.71, they have since split up the charge into a $12.71 charge and a $199 temp. If what VegasGambler says is true, then I should be okay, but I won't know until they ship the second item, which is made to order and is about a 4 week lead time.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:14 pm

If what VegasGambler says is true, then I should be okay, but I won't know until they ship the second item, which is made to order and is about a 4 week lead time.
Ok, I wasn't aware that anybody actually uses these offers to buy anything else than giftcards meant for resale ;-)

However, my bonus from AE posted the next day after their charge had posted. Fingers crossed that it works for you, too.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good point RE: gift card. Since your order will take a while, can you buy a $200 gift card and then change the payment method on your outstanding $199 order to use the gift card you bought? That will get the charge (gift card purchase) to post immediately, so there will be no doubt that you get the $50 credit.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
Actually, you are right. I think Sony works that way. They sell their own gift cards.

But as a general practice, I steer away from eGift cards. Physical cards seem to always work.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:51 pm

But as a general practice, I steer away from eGift cards. Physical cards seem to always work.
Especially when you double-dip through a portal. They don't like ecards at all, at least with physical cards they sometimes work. Best example recently was ShopDiscover giving 10% on the J Crew GC. Paid with two Amex cards and collected a nice bonus from Discover AND Amex for doing almost nothing.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, you are right. I think Sony works that way. They sell their own gift cards.

Except for AMZN. I once had trouble getting credit on a gift card that is print at home. Eventually a chat rep issued it as a courtesy after a few weeks. Then 4 months down the road, the system posted the credit automatically.

Nowadays any AMZN offers I do the quick eGiftcard and immediately load it as soon as the AMZN email comes.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Except for AMZN. I once had trouble getting credit on a gift card that is print at home. Eventually a chat rep issued it as a courtesy after a few weeks. Then 4 months down the road, the system posted the credit automatically.

Nowadays any AMZN offers I do the quick eGiftcard and immediately load it as soon as the AMZN email comes.
I recently cashed out all my Southwest pts (80k) for Amazon GCs. Not a great use of points but I am seriously never flying with that POS airline again, and the GCs are better than nothing.

Unfortunately they don't do electronic gift cards for redemptions. I had to order 16 physical $50 GCS. But they didn't send me 16 $50 cards. They sent me 32 $25 cards. I let them sit on my coffee table for a week then finally got around to adding them to my account. Way too much typing.

At least they all worked...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like I made a mistake. I signed up for the "Spend $10 at Starbucks, get $5 back" and I went to my nearest Starbucks. It's a kiosk inside a Harris Teeter and it looks like it's posted to my card as "Harris Teeter" and not Starbucks so no $5 back for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.