Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: B6 only (JetBlue)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by someone199977
Do you need to call in to refund to Travel Bank or it’s doable online?
i did it all online, i don't remember the exact steps but it's very well displayed and labeled
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by david.anto7
All were separate transactions. I wanted to keep per transaction charge under $150 and luckily all my one-way flights were under $100. If you check previous DPs, it suggests to keep the charge under $150 to trigger the credit.

hmm, I messed that up. I had two fares under the $100, but same itinerary. Showing $196 pending on Amex. I guess I will have to see how it turns out.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:13 am

jeeden Do update if the credit posts or not. I had gone through this thread and arrived on the $150 mark based on various DPs. If your credit posts, then that would be a new DP for an amount higher than $150.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:56 pm

jeeden Do update if the credit posts or not. I had gone through this thread and arrived on the $150 mark based on various DPs. If your credit posts, then that would be a new DP for an amount higher than $150.

Will do, keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jeeden
hmm, I messed that up. I had two fares under the $100, but same itinerary. Showing $196 pending on Amex. I guess I will have to see how it turns out.
All were separate transactions. I wanted to keep per transaction charge under $150 and luckily all my one-way flights were under $100. If you check previous DPs, it suggests to keep the charge under $150 to trigger the credit.

So follow up, it worked! Is this a new all time high maybe?

Details:
Dec 5: Booked two $98 seats on the same itinerary for two different people
Dec 5: Pending transaction of $196
Dec 6: Posted two separate transactions of $98 each
Dec 11: Two separate Amex Airline Fee Reimbursements of -$98
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jeeden
So follow up, it worked! Is this a new all time high maybe?

Details:
Dec 5: Booked two $98 seats on the same itinerary for two different people
Dec 5: Pending transaction of $196
Dec 6: Posted two separate transactions of $98 each
Dec 11: Two separate Amex Airline Fee Reimbursements of -$98
Since it posted as 2 separate transactions of $98@ it's still below the $150 data points we've had until now.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:21 pm

Hilton Aspire card
Dec 3: Selected B6
Dec 4: Purchased 2x $134.30 flights
Dec 9: Meter moved
Dec 10: Amex Airline Fee reimbursement $134.30 and $115/.70 (total $250 credit)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:57 pm
OSG

Had a weird experience with JetBlue:

12/11: Booked a flight with Amex Gold for $115
12/12: Cancelled flight and elected to refund to travel bank
12/12: Got confirmation that flight had been cancelled and got the “Welcome to JetBlue Travel Bank” email
12/16: Entire $115 was refunded to my Amex card from JetBlue.

Logged into my travel bank to confirm and it is indeed empty.

I’m assuming they had some technical issue refunding to my travel bank so they just refunded my card directly? Wish I knew why that happened so I know if I should try again or not.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriot, ANA, IHG, AA, JMB
Originally Posted by OSG
Had a weird experience with JetBlue:

Logged into my travel bank to confirm and it is indeed empty.

I’m assuming they had some technical issue refunding to my travel bank so they just refunded my card directly? Wish I knew why that happened so I know if I should try again or not.
Just cancel a flight today and it does refund to my travel bank, I do already have a travel bank account with balance before this
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: AA
HI this is my first time to use the travel credit with Amex Hilton Aspire. I have a few questions after reading the recent posts:
1. To get back to travel bank, do you have to have a balance on your account?
2. To get back to travel bank, my guess is that you pay the fully refundable ticket, in this case, Blue extra?
3. To trigger the amex credit, do you have to pay a part of the ticket by truepoint? Or as long as the total is less than 150USD, even if you charge the total fare for amex card, the credit will be reimbursed?

thanks in advance
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:11 pm

Should food purchased on board count for the credit? I did this last week and while the charges have posted, a credit has not. Not sure if just slow to post, if I need to call in and have it manually credited, or if this actually doesn't qualify. Sorry if this has been covered already, didn't see anything searching through this thread.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ILikeBurritos
Should food purchased on board count for the credit? I did this last week and while the charges have posted, a credit has not. Not sure if just slow to post, if I need to call in and have it manually credited, or if this actually doesn't qualify. Sorry if this has been covered already, didn't see anything searching through this thread.

Not sure which card you used, but onboard food/bev purchases are definitely covered by the credit with Amex Platinum - "Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card® Account."

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dLink-Platinum
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by BigOAir
Not sure which card you used, but onboard food/bev purchases are definitely covered by the credit with Amex Platinum - "Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card® Account."
Thanks for this. I used the Aspire, but was able to find the similar language that you posted for it as well. Looks like I'm either too early or will need to call in later.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ILikeBurritos
Thanks for this. I used the Aspire, but was able to find the similar language that you posted for it as well. Looks like I'm either too early or will need to call in later.
You’re welcome.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:55 am

Hilton Aspire

12/13 Purchased 2 $133.30 tickets.
12/18 Meter moved
12/19 Credits posted, $133.30, $116.70 (dated 12/18, but didn't show up on website until 12/19)

Regarding recent comments, it seems Jetblue food purchases are not working automatically. I had some on my Gold earlier this year and they didn't credit. I bought a $103.80 ticket and didn't bother contacting them about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.