Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:00 pm

A sad data point. Used AMEX Aspire card.

4/6 3 charges of $68 posted
4/17 Statement Close

No credits
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teentravel123
A sad data point. Used AMEX Aspire card.

4/6 3 charges of $68 posted
4/17 Statement Close

No credits
Welcome to Flyertalk! Thanks for the DP. Just to confirm, you selected Alaska as your airline for Airline Fee Credit?

Also I note that when I login to my Amex account today, that it appears the airline fee credit enrollment/priority pass enrollment sections of the website are broken? (Specific to Aspire card, I don't have Plat) Not sure how long that has been the case and if that is related at all? In the past, I believe this benefit has stopped working for a couple of weeks and then just started working again? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Welcome to Flyertalk! Thanks for the DP. Just to confirm, you selected Alaska as your airline for Airline Fee Credit?

Also I note that when I login to my Amex account today, that it appears the airline fee credit enrollment/priority pass enrollment sections of the website are broken? (Specific to Aspire card, I don't have Plat) Not sure how long that has been the case and if that is related at all? In the past, I believe this benefit has stopped working for a couple of weeks and then just started working again? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yep! I selected Alaska and got an email confirmation that I enrolled before booking my flight.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Sorry for ignorance, but why is everyone choosing refund to wallet (which I assume expires in 1 yr [though I could be wrong]) rather than full refund back to the CC within 24 hours?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Sorry for ignorance, but why is everyone choosing refund to wallet (which I assume expires in 1 yr [though I could be wrong]) rather than full refund back to the CC within 24 hours?
Have you tried it before? The charge wouldn´t appear at all, so no credit from amex.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by wordsworth03
Just as another data point for Amex Platinum:

1. Purchased 4 tickets (all under $60) on 4/10
2. Actual charges posted to account 4/13
3. $200 in credits posted on 4/16
I can confirm similar
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:05 am

Hey folks. Just read the last couple pages of this thread. I have AS selected as my airline. So the plan is to book 3 cheap flight(~$60?) on alaska airlines. Then once I see the credits reimbursed on my platinum account, I would ask for a refund of the flights and have it refunded to my AS wallet? If the refund is after the 24hr limit, is there a charge for the refund? Just trying to figure out when is the best time to ask for the refund.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by emofeng
Hey folks. Just read the last couple pages of this thread. I have AS selected as my airline. So the plan is to book 3 cheap flight(~$60?) on alaska airlines. Then once I see the credits reimbursed on my platinum account, I would ask for a refund of the flights and have it refunded to my AS wallet? If the refund is after the 24hr limit, is there a charge for the refund? Just trying to figure out when is the best time to ask for the refund.
There's no charge for the 'refund' if the ticket is greater than 60 days into the future(from when you cancel).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:51 pm

Did your show up as "Alaska Airlines Gift Cards"?
I just purchased a $50 gift card on Saturday an this showed up on my statement.
Fingers crossed they reimburse it!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by snowman2433
Fingers crossed they reimburse it!
Welcome to Flyertalk. American Express has not reimbursed Alaska Airlines gift certificate purchases since June 2017. This is mentioned in the Wikipost at the top of this thread. Read the last few pages to understand a different strategy.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:55 pm

Unfortunately per Alaska's earnings call today it looks like they'll soon eliminate their policy of offering free changes / cancellations outside 60 days of travel. This would significantly impact Platinum Card users relying on this technique unless those card members qualify for free changes / cancellations through their Alaska MVP status.

More info at OMAAT and the Alaska forum.
akdancer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Sorry could not find an answer for this using search but is premium seat selection eligible for a credit?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by weaseltown
Unfortunately per Alaska's earnings call today it looks like they'll soon eliminate their policy of offering free changes / cancellations outside 60 days of travel. This would significantly impact Platinum Card users relying on this technique unless those card members qualify for free changes / cancellations through their Alaska MVP status.

More info at OMAAT and the Alaska forum.
Oh crap! AS just keeps messing with those of us with loyalty . I guess we will have to come up with a new plan. Maybe it will be applied only to the proposed SuperSaver fares?
Enjoyed being able to preserve companion code by booking flight way out and then being able to change when we can actually use it. As a lowly MVP, I have no privileges on change fees and cancellation fees. MVP Golds and 75's do.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:18 am

Hilton Aspire
booked 5 separate transactions between $48-$58.
canceled after 24hours.
got reimbursement in 4 days.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Mict
Sorry could not find an answer for this using search but is premium seat selection eligible for a credit?
Yes. It should be reimbursed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.