Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA personal Platinum Card benefits site

USA Business Platinum Card benefits site

Activate card

USA cardholders work through this list to activate benefits:
  1. Enroll in Priority Pass Select .
  2. Enroll in Airline Fee Credit benefit and choose carrier. You must enroll and choose a carrier prior to making a reimbursable purchase. Read: AA AS B6 DL F9 HA UA WN
  3. Apply for Global Entry ($100 reimbursement) or TSA PreCheck ($85 reimbursement). Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck, but the application process is more involved.
  4. Enroll for Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental Privileges.
  5. Use National status to obtain Hertz Five Star status HERE.
  6. Enroll in Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
  7. Enroll in Hilton Gold Status
  8. Subscribe to Departures Extra email newsletter.
  9. Subscribe to Entertainment newsletter.
  10. Call 888-462-4725 to enroll in Neiman Marcus InCircle program.
  11. Activate free Shoprunner membership
  12. Order free supplementary Gold or Green cards for those whose airline or hotel accounts you plan to link to Membership Rewards. The additional card must be open for 90 days before linking is permitted.
  13. Business Platinum cardholders only: enroll in GoGo Preferred Program (in-flight internet access).

Wait till Janaury 1st and purchase another $200 Airline ecerts (USA only)
Print Wikipost

New Platinum Card: To-Do List

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I had a similar issue with travel and pp. I called to have pp express ship me a card, ended up costing $30, and it didn't make it in time
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Sweet - it worked.

I called. Agent asked for First/Last Name. Found my address. Confirmed it was me. Asked for my DOB. Gave me a "verification code" and my PP Number which you can use to register on either the app or the website (agent told me web first but this doesnt' appear correct). Either way, once you are registered you get a confirm email and have a digital membership card which displays the info along with a QR code that the agents presumably scan.

Since I don't have time to make the hike to TBIT to the *A lounge this trip, the Alaska club will be a welcome respite.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:13 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn't see it) or maybe it is new, but I was able to enroll in SPG Gold from the Amex Platinum Benefits page. Just click on the SPG Gold benefit box and there is an option to enroll now. It appears however you would still need to call in to enroll AUs.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have refreshed the Wikipost to make the link in each item 1 - 12 lead directly to the American Express enrollment page for each benefit when appropriate. Previously, many links lead to a partner page describing the benefit. This approach may prove more maintenance intensive because American Express periodically reorganizes these pages. Please mention if you find a link that is not working.

Bear in mind that ANY member who can see the EDIT icon in the lower right corner of the Wikipost area is able to work on it. Please make additions, corrections or additions. Wikiposts are community resources, they are not the moderators' private sandboxes.

Last edited by mia; Jan 16, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I have refreshed the Wikipost to make the link in each item 1 - 12 lead directly to the American Express enrollment page for each benefit when appropriate. Previously, many links lead to a partner page describing the benefit. This approach may prove more maintenance intensive because American Express periodically reorganizes these pages. Please mention if you find a link that is not working.

Bear in mind that ANY member who can see the EDIT icon in the lower right corner of the Wikipost area is able to work on it. Please make additions, corrections or additions. Wikiposts are community resources, they are not the moderators' private sandboxes.
You update this after I find most of it manually...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by tkduke77
You update this after I find most of it manually...
The original idea was that you would clink this link, at the top of the Wikipost, and work though the American Express site:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...w-all/platinum

In an older version of the site it was more obvious that everything is there, but they constantly tinker with the layout.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by mia
The original idea was that you would clink this link, at the top of the Wikipost, and work though the American Express site:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...w-all/platinum

In an older version of the site it was more obvious that everything is there, but they constantly tinker with the layout.
Re Benefits, I keep on hearing that Amex Platinum membership rewards can be transferred to different airline programs. However, I have seen discrepant information.

Can someone confirm that for a personal Platinum, MR can be transferred to the UA program? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Re Benefits, I keep on hearing that Amex Platinum membership rewards can be transferred to different airline programs. However, I have seen discrepant information.

Can someone confirm that for a personal Platinum, MR can be transferred to the UA program? Thanks!
While I've never done it, the idea is you transfer to a UA partner, like ANA, then redeem on Star Alliance flights. This could be problematic if you want to consolidate with some of your current UA miles.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 747FC

No, MR cannot be transferred to UA. You'll find an exceptionally helpful wiki on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
No, MR cannot be transferred to UA. You'll find an exceptionally helpful wiki on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html
Many thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:33 am

How long does the benefit(s) remain after cancelling the card?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:00 pm
mia

Originally Posted by spidy1
How long does the benefit(s) remain after cancelling the card?
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...cancelled.html
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

New Platinum Card....Checklist for benefit signups?

I am newly minted Platinum. I have registered for as many benefits as I could remember reading this forum.

1. Airline Fee Credit
2. Hilton Gold
3. Starwood Gold
4. Boingo
5. Priority Pass

Anything worthy that I am missing. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:10 pm
mia

Moderator action

I have moved your post into the thread established for this purpose. Suggest opening the Wikipost at the top for a comprehensive list.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
I have moved your post into the thread established for this purpose. Suggest opening the Wikipost at the top for a comprehensive list.
Thanks. I did do a search before posting...but clearly I missed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.