Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA personal Platinum Card benefits site

USA Business Platinum Card benefits site

Activate card

USA cardholders work through this list to activate benefits:
  1. Enroll in Priority Pass Select .
  2. Enroll in Airline Fee Credit benefit and choose carrier. You must enroll and choose a carrier prior to making a reimbursable purchase. Read: AA AS B6 DL F9 HA UA WN
  3. Apply for Global Entry ($100 reimbursement) or TSA PreCheck ($85 reimbursement). Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck, but the application process is more involved.
  4. Enroll for Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental Privileges.
  5. Use National status to obtain Hertz Five Star status HERE.
  6. Enroll in Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
  7. Enroll in Hilton Gold Status
  8. Subscribe to Departures Extra email newsletter.
  9. Subscribe to Entertainment newsletter.
  10. Call 888-462-4725 to enroll in Neiman Marcus InCircle program.
  11. Activate free Shoprunner membership
  12. Order free supplementary Gold or Green cards for those whose airline or hotel accounts you plan to link to Membership Rewards. The additional card must be open for 90 days before linking is permitted.
  13. Business Platinum cardholders only: enroll in GoGo Preferred Program (in-flight internet access).

Wait till Janaury 1st and purchase another $200 Airline ecerts (USA only)
Print Wikipost

New Platinum Card: To-Do List

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kirax2
This is a great thread! I recommend adding signing up for the ten free GoGo credits as well (Biz Plat only): https://promotions.gogoair.com/promotion/amexSplash.do.
On my UA flights, they don't usually have gogo, but on the new ERJ-175 they do, and when I tried to log on & pay with my Biz Plat card it took me through the registration and I used my first of the 10 credits. Very nice, considering they could have just charged me & not informed me of the deal! ^
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:44 am

Do we have a place that lists which benefits are per card and which are just per account? I know the airline credit is by account, but I wasn't sure about the rest...
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know when the AF is supposed to post? I was approved for an Amex Plat on 7/24, and the statement closing date is the 10th of every month. Will my AF hit on 7/10 this year, or 8/10 this year?

In other words, when's the latest I should cancel the card?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
In other words, when's the latest I should cancel the card?
Anytime in the first two statement cycles after the annual fee appears.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
Do we have a place that lists which benefits are per card and which are just per account? I know the airline credit is by account, but I wasn't sure about the rest...
Let me answer my own question: As best I can determine, an authorized user (or whatever Amex call it) is separately entitled to all platinum benefits, except the $200 airline incidental credit is per account, not card. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Priority Select Lounges - Limited Hours

Since the new Centurion lounge at MIA is on the north end, I was browsing the locations of the Priority Pass lounges and noticed there's one in the J terminal. Although the VIP Lounge operates from 5am to midnight, it is only open to Priority Select members from 4am to 3pm. Unfortunately, my domestic flight doesn't arrive until 8pm and my LAN flight departs around midnight. It's amusing because the lounge is operated by LATAM.

How often are members denied access to lounges when outside of the Priority Select hours?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sant
It's amusing because the lounge is operated by LATAM.
That's the reason for the time restriction. They want to reserve the lounge for their own eligible passengers in the evening.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Sant
How often are members denied access to lounges when outside of the Priority Select hours?
I've been denied access to KLM lunge at IAH even when it's still empty, and they don't even put up any restricted hours...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by mia
That's the reason for the time restriction. They want to reserve the lounge for their own eligible passengers in the evening.
wow i didn't realize that, i got an upcoming trip and i got the select membership that comes with INK from chase. our flight is at 7 pm but we maybe in MIA earlier than three as we are coming in from FLL that afternoon. i guess i could try to get in at 2 ? still thats alot of time between fligtht, they will prboably kick us out lol.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
If I already have Global Entry, can I pay for someone else's application with my Plat card?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
If I already have Global Entry, can I pay for someone else's application with my Plat card?
I don't think they would know who you paid for, so I don't think it should be a problem. I've seen other people have success in the past. But let me know what you experience.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Sintaku
I don't think they would know who you paid for, so I don't think it should be a problem. I've seen other people have success in the past. But let me know what you experience.
It is 100% impossible for Amex to know who you paid for. It just shows up as a Global Entry fee charge; there's no name in the charge information. I paid for my SO's GE fee since I already had it, and it was automatically reimbursed.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
So far so good but I cannot get the Gogo page to accept my new Business Plat card number. I get an error.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:13 am

can't manage to sign up for the priority pass select.
anyone has a link that works?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by switchyj
can't manage to sign up for the priority pass select.
anyone has a link that works?
https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.