Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is closed. Click HERE for current offers.
Print Wikipost

Archived Referral Offers 2012 - 2024

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:51 am

I also have 1 invite left for the 50k sign up offer if anyone would like it. i also have 1 25k for 1k spend left until the end of jan.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, *Alliance Gold wannabe though tired of the "gold" moniker
Platinum Referral for a Great Cause

Hello all! I'm not on here often but I did just receive notice that I am eligible to refer friends and family members for a Platinum Bonus Rewards offer. It would be FABULOUS if I could find five interested parties (which would put me at my max bonus rewards for referring) so that I an max out the bonus rewards with this offer. My husband and I are adopting two children internationally and we would love to use bonus rewards to purchase our tickets - especially since we will have fairly short notice when it is time to travel. Here is the current offer:

You send me a PM with your first name, last name, and email address. I will enter that into my online offer form. You will receive an email with a link to your specific membership offer.

From AmEx
"Each friend or family member who applies for the Card through that email and is approved can get 50,000 Membership Rewards bonus points for themselves when they spend $3,000 on their new Card in 3 months."

For each accepted application I will receive 20,000 bonus points and I will be VERY grateful.

Thanks for considering!!
-B

P.S. This offer is good until March 1, 2012.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:47 pm

Smile

Hi all!

I found these forums looking for Amex Platinum benefits, and more specifically best uses for the $200 airline credit. Unfortunately I did not see this thread before I applied.

Same story as most people here.. 50k MR for spending $3k in three months on your Amex Plat. I would get 10k MR points.

Thanks for reading!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:43 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have removed two post speculating abouty the sincerity of a previous post. Please write about American Express, not about each other.

If you are interested in applying for a card and choosing a member to refer you, consider clicking on a poster's name and using the Find More Posts By function to review the member's other contributions to Flyertalk.

Last edited by mia; Feb 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by mia
I have removed two post speculating abouty the sincerity of a previous post. Please write about American Express, not about each other.

If you are interested in applying for a card and choosing a member to refer you, consider clicking on a poster's name and using the Find More Posts By function to review the member's other contributions to Flyertalk.
Nuff said!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by mia

+1. Adopting can be a beast of a cost, including airfare, but that's not being debated here.

Back to the regularly scheduled program....

I can refer anyone for either the Am Ex Personal Rewards Gold (PRG) with a waived 1st year annual fee, and 25K MR points after $2K in spending.

Also, the SPG card Business or Personal for 25K SPG points after $5K spending in 6 months(waived annual fee 1st year). You also will receive 2 stay credits and 5 night credits with SPG for each version of the card you have (I have both and receive 4 stay credits and 10 night credits annually).

I can also refer for the DL Reserve card with 10K MQM's after your first purchase. This card does have a $450 annual fee, but you can receive MQM boosts after spending $30K and $60K on it in a year, and receive priority DL boarding and upgrade priority, as well as DL Skyclub access.

PM me for more info any any of them!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:48 am

Hi,

How do I refer someone for the SPG Biz card? I used to see the link when I log in. I need to refer a family member, but I don't see the link anymore. Have been refreshing for 50 times or so.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Simpleton
Type refer in top right search bar. Man this thread is getting OT...
This is the biz version. The refer a friend link only worked for regular cards. I did a lot of search before asking.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, *Alliance Gold wannabe though tired of the "gold" moniker
Originally Posted by mia
Ouch! I assume they were speculating about me. It's okay...I know that my word is my word and that is all the peace I need. I haven't received any PMs so I think it is unlikely that anyone is interested in picking me to give the referral. Thankfully there are travel agents that specialize in finding discounted rates for adoptive families, humanitarians, and missionaries.

For the record, I (and I assume other card holders) can only get credit for referring up to five people so I think it would be impossible for anyone to run some massive bonus points scam.

To keep this a positive message about American Express, I would like to share that I really enjoy the $200 airline credit benefit. We used it for on-board food and drinks and checked baggage fees when flying to visit family for the holidays. I also appreciate the rental car protection and the baggage insurance. I use that rather than purchasing separate travel insurance. I also really like the purchase protection, return protection and extended warranty. In addition, Amex Platinum has no foreign transaction fees. With all of these combined I find that the benefits just about cover the expense of the card.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:32 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Canadian Platinum and AeroplanPlus Platinum referals

Hi guys,

If someone in Canada is interested in receiving a referral for either Platinum or AeroplanPlus Platinum please advise as PM.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:18 pm

AMEX platinum

Please send me the the referral for Canadian platinum card.

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
AMEX bonus referals thru Feb13

If you already have the Hilton Surpass card log into your amex account and you will see how you can also refer freinds.
I logged into my amex account today and saw they were offering a bonus referal card for the hilton amex surpass( this is the one with the $75 fee) with a pretty good 60k signup bonus, I have not seen the surpass with 60k sign up bonus with the surpass you also get upgraded to Gold for the first year. If any one has the 60k or better for the surpass card offer link please post below, or if anyone is interested in a refernce please pm my with name and email and I will forward it on to you.
Full Disclosure I would get 20k for anyone who is approved through a referal

Text from amex site below:
It's a win-win situation. Your friends get to experience the benefits of American Express® Cardmembership, and you can earn a bonus for each approved Cardmember. Just fill out the form below and we'll take it from there.(1)
Your friend will receive an offer for the Hilton HHonors® SurpassSM card from American Express:
Up to 60,000 Hilton HhonorsTM Bonus Points: 40,000 after their first purchase and 20,000 with $3,000 in spend within the first 3 months of cardmembership (3)
Terms and Conditions
1. You understand and agree that the referred individual(s) must apply through an e-mailed link (provided by American Express) and be approved for you to receive the bonus. Your friend(s) may not receive this e-mail if they have previously "opted out" of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.
2. You are eligible to earn 20,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for each approval up to a total of 1,000,000 Bonus Points. Referrals must be submitted by February 13, 2012 and referred individual(s) must apply by February 28, 2012 and be approved. Please allow 6–8 weeks for Bonus Points to post to your account after each referred prospect is approved for the Card. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.
3. To earn a First Purchase Bonus of up to 40,000 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points (Bonus Points), referred individual(s) must make their first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card from American Express (Card) within one year of the date their Card account was opened. Limited to one First Purchase Bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers are eligible to earn a First Purchase Bonus of up to 40,000 Bonus Points. Cardmembers who have previously earned a First Purchase Bonus from any Hilton HHonors Card from American Express earn the difference between 40,000 Bonus Points and the number of First Purchase Bonus Points previously earned. Allow 8-12 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to their Hilton HHonors account. Referred individual(s) will receive 20,000 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points if, within the first 92 days following the date on which their Card account was opened, they charge a total of $3,000 or more of eligible purchases on their Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express. The 20,000 Bonus Points will be credited to their account 8-12 weeks after they reach the Threshold Amount. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.

Hilton HHonorsTM membership, earning of Points & MilesTM, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions, hilton honnors terms ©2011 Hilton Worldwide.

The information entered on this page will not be used for any purpose other than sending this e-mail and will not be retained after this e-mail is sent.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:05 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by candyboy97
Please send me the the referral for Canadian platinum card.

Thanks
PM me your first and last name + email address.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Red face Happy to refer for the UK Amex Platinum card.

Please PM me your Full name and Email address.

Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: FB, MR Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Happy to refer for new Dutch Amex users

For a dutch refer for one of the Amex cards please PM, name and email. Happy to provide one (or two ) of you a refer. Bonus points up to 50K for the new KLM platinum Amex, instead of the standard 20K!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.