Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is closed. Click HERE for current offers.
Print Wikipost

Archived Referral Offers 2012 - 2024

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:43 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Unfortunately, I think I've waited too late. I fly to Europe in eight days and would need the Platinum card by then. I should have done this two weeks ago!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Unfortunately, I think I've waited too late. I fly to Europe in eight days and would need the Platinum card by then. I should have done this two weeks ago!
If you want the card anyway, then you could probably just apply for it and call in to make a request to have the card delivered to your address in Europe?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
If you want the card anyway, then you could probably just apply for it and call in to make a request to have the card delivered to your address in Europe?
With 8 days, you should be fine. Amex can normally next day air a card.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CFFrost
With 8 days, you should be fine. Amex can normally next day air a card.
yea, I got mine next day without even asking.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
Premier Rewards Gold: 25,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after they spend $2,000 in 3 months. No annual fee first year. 3x Membership Reward points on airfare, 2x on gas and groceries and 1x on all others. I get 10,000 bonus points.

Blue Sky: 7,500 points (equivalent to $100 statement credit on travel purchase) after $1,000 spend in 90 days. There is currently no public sign-up offer for this no annual fee version that I know of. This card gets you essentially 1.33% back on all purchases. I get 5,000 bonus points.

Blue Cash Preferred: 150 Reward Dollars after $1000 spend in 3 months. Fantastic everyday card, worth the annual fee if you spend more than $2500 a year on groceries (6% back), not counting gas and department store purchases, which has more cash back (3% vs 2%) as well compared to no annual fee version. I get 150 Reward Dollars too.

Platinum Delta SkyMiles: Up to 25,000 bonus miles - 20,000 bonus miles with their first purchase and up to 5,000 when they add 2 additional cards. 2x Delta miles on all Delta purchases, plus annual companion certificate for domestic coach ticket. Also reduces your one-visit lounge access to $25. I get 10,000 bonus miles.

Hilton HHonors: 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points after $750 spend in three months on their Hilton HHonors Card. 6x points on all Hilton spend, gas, supermarkets, drugstores, cellphone/internet/cable bills; 3x points on everything else. Comes with automatic Hilton Silver Elite status and upgrade to Gold Elite status after $20k annual spend. Access to special VIP/AXON award booking rates with card/status. No annual fee. I get 10,000 bonus points.

Please PM me first and last name along with email address. Thank you so much!
... you have five amex credit cards? O_o
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:51 am

Programs: AC*E
Happy to offer a referral for Amex Blue Cash Preferred.

You receive: 150 Reward Dollars after $1000 spend in 3 months.
Card benefits: Earn 6% cash back at supermarkets, 3% at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else. Supermarket purchases include gift cards.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by accrue450
... you have five amex credit cards? O_o
I used to have 5 before I canceled my PR gold
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
American Express: New Referral Offers

***Please PM me if you are interested in any of these offers***

AMEX Platinum: 25,000 MR points for $2,500 in spending during the first 3 months

AMEX Platinum Business: 25,000 MR points for $5,000 in spending during the first 3 months

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold: 3x on Airfare / 2x on Gas and Groceries / 1x Everything Else, 25,000 MR points for $2,500 in spending during the first 3 months, fee waived first year

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday: 3% on groceries, 2% on gas and department stores, 1% on everything else - no fee, $100 free sign-up bonus

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred: 6% on groceries, 3% on gas and department stores, 1% on everything else - $75 annual fee, $150 free sign-up bonus

AMEX SPG Personal/Business: up to 25,000 SPG points, first year free

Last edited by Azurik; Sep 21, 2012 at 9:17 am
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I am thinking of applying for the SPG personal card. It seems the standard offer is for 25 K SPG - 10 K on 1st purchase, additional 15 K on 5 K in purchases within 6 months. Does anybody have a better offer either in terms of spending or points?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
I am thinking of applying for the SPG personal card. It seems the standard offer is for 25 K SPG - 10 K on 1st purchase, additional 15 K on 5 K in purchases within 6 months. Does anybody have a better offer either in terms of spending or points?
Occasionally a 30K offer comes around, but at the moment the offer you describe is the best.

I'd be happy to refer you
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by jblacknet
I received an offer from American express to sign up for there business platinum card and receive a 50,000 MR point sign up bonus after spending 5k$ in the first 3 months, this is not a public offer and can only be gotten through a referral link i am happy to send you a referral link just send me a PM with your email address.
That's not really a good deal. If anyone wants the personal with 50K after $3K in spending in 3 months send me a PM.

Last edited by mia; Apr 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: Add quotation for context after merge
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:07 am

Hi folks - looking for an SPG referral please sounds like the 10k(1st)+15k(5k spend) is the best right now?

Thanks!

[EDIT] referral received, thank you!

Last edited by dagaetch; Apr 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:42 pm

UK:Two AmEx Platinum Card Referrals At £300 (rather than the increased rate of £450)

Hello!

For those that are interested, I believe that I can offer two referrals - created prior to the 16 April 2012 "switchover point" - that advertise and therefore offer the American Express Platinum Charge Card with an annual fee of GBP 300 - as opposed to the increased rate of GBP 450.

The referrals come in the form of emails, which I would strongly suggest are kept as evidence of the "reduced rate" referral.

You will also be entitled to 42,000 membership rewards points for a placed spend of GBP 1,500 within the first three months of the card ownership.

For clarity, I will also benefit from this arrangement - with American Express offering me membership reward points for the referral, should the card issuance be approved.

Please private message me for the referral links.

Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Continental, AAdvantage, Virgin,
How anoying.....was thinking of getting a UK plat in the next few weeks but the £300 was somewhat offputting.....now I cant see it is worth it at £450....esp now I just learned the travel insurance is no longer universal.

Saw on another forum some guy got a mail shot for £150 annual fee special offer...I may hold off for one of those.

Originally Posted by frequentglobetrotter
Hello!

For those that are interested, I believe that I can offer two referrals - created prior to the 16 April 2012 "switchover point" - that advertise and therefore offer the American Express Platinum Charge Card with an annual fee of GBP 300 - as opposed to the increased rate of GBP 450.

The referrals come in the form of emails, which I would strongly suggest are kept as evidence of the "reduced rate" referral.

You will also be entitled to 42,000 membership rewards points for a placed spend of GBP 1,500 within the first three months of the card ownership.

For clarity, I will also benefit from this arrangement - with American Express offering me membership reward points for the referral, should the card issuance be approved.

Please private message me for the referral links.

Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgkelly
How anoying.....was thinking of getting a UK plat in the next few weeks but the £300 was somewhat offputting.....now I cant see it is worth it at £450....esp now I just learned the travel insurance is no longer universal.

Saw on another forum some guy got a mail shot for £150 annual fee special offer...I may hold off for one of those.
I've just had someone I referred let me know they were successfully able to get the £300 rate on the basis of the email referral I generated for him. Hadn't heard of the £150 annual fee special - seems a bit weird for them to still offer that if they're putting it up to £450 Yes, the annoying bit about the travel insurance is you need to put the spending on the card now for some elements to be fully covered. Overall for £300 I think with the enhancements due in the summer it's still a good deal - for £450 it's a bit more borderline. Obviously happy to refer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.