Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archived thread of older posts. The current thread is:
Post by brc757rr, July 2015:
Originally Posted by AA policy regarding PDB
Pre-departure beverages are expected to be offered on all flights. On domestic flights, customers should be offered a beverage of choice. On international flights with bonded liquor, we offer a choice of orange juice, water, sparkling water, sparkling wine and mimosas and will fulfill requests for non alcoholic beverages of choice provided that supplies can be obtained without opening bonded carts and carriers. If pre-departure beverages cannot be served because of operational reasons, flight attendants are expected to apologize to customers and advise that beverages will be served as soon as possible after take off.
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I was able to receive the exact language of the company policy from American Airlines today via Twitter regarding PDB's. I was actually quite impressed they followed up with me regarding a conversation that started a few days ago. I also received a nice note from Hector Adler who I also reached out to who said that pre-departure services were discussed at great length at a meeting late last week. Let's hope things begin to improve and if not we continue to press the FA's to follow company policy.
<content moved to top of wiki>
So there you have it.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did a little searching on Twitter. A good hashtag could be just #PDBServed and the condition listed before that. So, something like:

@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG No #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Full #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Limited #PDBServed

This allows all PDB service to be posted, good, bad, and otherwise. This should show AA that we feel this is a desired service. Maybe if someone gets energetic, a summary post could be done, maybe weekly?
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:23 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
AA 5 767-300 DFW - HNL LAA "Champagne" (from Italy), water, OJ,

The tray was proffered to the man in front. He fancied a Mimosa.
"what's that?" asked the FA
"Orange Juice with Champagne" said he
"Well take one of both and do it yourself" said she

Do they have any training in anything to do with service these days? The Lead FA lost the advance meal orders and made not a single announcement whatsoever. Nor did anyone else. 🙄🙄
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Djokison
You've never received hot towels at the end of the flight, or you've never received hot towels at all?

And in the case of this particular flight, did you receive a hot towel right after takeoff as well, or only at the end of the flight?
Never received hot towels in about 45 flights in F. Just at the end of the flight.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
25/02 AA755 CDG - PHL Sparkling water, OJ or battery acid.

25/03 AA701 PHL - LAX Full PDB with an offer of a refill before we pushed back and then during a long ground hold due to ACT closing the field due to weather multiple offers of drinks.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
25/02 AA755 CDG - PHL Sparkling water, OJ or battery acid.

25/03 AA701 PHL - LAX Full PDB with an offer of a refill before we pushed back and then during a long ground hold due to ACT closing the field due to weather multiple offers of drinks.
What is battery acid?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
What is battery acid?
The cheapest nastiest sparkling wine you can get. It was disgusting.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Do they have any training in anything to do with service these days? The Lead FA lost the advance meal orders and made not a single announcement whatsoever. Nor did anyone else. 🙄🙄
It's called not having a CSM on board.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by flyerbobflyer
Never received hot towels in about 45 flights in F. Just at the end of the flight.
You must fly a lot of regionals/Eagles.

I flew a mainline flight a couple weeks back -- after several dozen wonderful Republic flights on E75s where I've had the apparent luxury of sitting in 1A with leg room, a leg perch, 100% PDBs, and generally friendly flight crews.

The mainline flight was abysmal. PDB was OJ/water and surly, FAs were unhappy to be there, and the hot towels were a reminder that perhaps the hot towel was something I should be "missing" on my regionals but all-in-all I'd happily give up the hot towels if mainline crews were anywhere near what my normal Republic crews are like.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You must fly a lot of regionals/Eagles.

I flew a mainline flight a couple weeks back -- after several dozen wonderful Republic flights on E75s where I've had the apparent luxury of sitting in 1A with leg room, a leg perch, 100% PDBs, and generally friendly flight crews.

The mainline flight was abysmal. PDB was OJ/water and surly, FAs were unhappy to be there, and the hot towels were a reminder that perhaps the hot towel was something I should be "missing" on my regionals but all-in-all I'd happily give up the hot towels if mainline crews were anywhere near what my normal Republic crews are like.
What is with all of this "unhappiness"?

I thought the crew was "unhappy" with Tom Horton. I thought the crew was "unhappy" with the pay cut they took before AA filed bankruptcy.

Well, Mr. Horton is gone. The crew received a pay increase. The equipment is improving.

What exactly is the issue now?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bad run of luck this weekend

AA 1521 RDU-MIA 737-800: No PDB It's a tight turnaround but still
AA 39 MIA-MCO 737-800: No PDB Flight was delayed a half hour due to late crew but still
AA 862 MCO-DCA A-319: Full PDB ^^ Except I saw it from coach as I missed this upgrade
AA 5075 DCA-RDU CRJ-900: No PDB Catering came late and we left early but still
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Bad run of luck this weekend

AA 1521 RDU-MIA 737-800: No PDB It's a tight turnaround but still
AA 39 MIA-MCO 737-800: No PDB Flight was delayed a half hour due to late crew but still
AA 862 MCO-DCA A-319: Full PDB ^^ Except I saw it from coach as I missed this upgrade
AA 5075 DCA-RDU CRJ-900: No PDB Catering came late and we left early but still
That's not bad luck. That's bad service. Still.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
The cheapest nastiest sparkling wine you can get. It was disgusting.
You were unlucky. Five days earlier it was Champagne. I saw the bottle when she refilled mine.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
2/25/17 - AA7 - DFW>OGG - Water, orange juice, Champagne, Mimosas; great FAs in F on this flight
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
AA 1107 2/28/2017 PHXLAS. Plane arrived in PHX on time, crew boarded on time, catering completed prior to passenger boarding. 2 crew member in galley when boarded started. Both on personal smartphones. Nice.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
edit to above post. No PDB
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
AA 1107 2/28/2017 PHXLAS. Plane arrived in PHX on time, crew boarded on time, catering completed prior to passenger boarding. 2 crew member in galley when boarded started. Both on personal smartphones. Nice.
Disappointing.......

What was the crew doing on those smartphone? Tweeting pics of Emma Stone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.