Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 3:14 pm

Shame that I can;t use the AA arrivals lounge. Of the few times in the last decade that I've used arrivals lounges, I preferred the AA over BA anytime. Oh well. I'll keep trying to get on an AA flight.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Shame that I can;t use the AA arrivals lounge. Of the few times in the last decade that I've used arrivals lounges, I preferred the AA over BA anytime. Oh well. I'll keep trying to get on an AA flight.
I just dont see how its worth going from T5-T3 or changing flights just to have access to the AA arrivals lounge. The showers may be better in T3, but theyre just fine in T5. The food may be better in T3, but (1) its still airport food (better than airline food, but still airport food), (2) its just fine in T5, and (3) youve just arrived in London, where if its about the food you can get much better food at many places in London than anywhere at LHR.

Edited to add: All of that said, I see youre flying DFW-LHR. I would try to change from BA to AA if that means changing from an old BA J seat to an AA 773 J seat. And if flying AA, you can go to either (or both) lounges, as BA will allow you access to the T5 arrivals lounge even if flying AA into T3 (whether or not its booked as a codeshare).
CMTinPHL likes this.

Last edited by Blumie; May 9, 2024 at 3:49 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
Do they allow OW Emerald arriving on AA?
According to BA.com, they don't allow AA T3 arrivals to use the lounge in T5 unless you're CK or arrive in business or first class"

Eligibility

The British Airways Arrivals Lounge in London Heathrow Terminal 5 is available for passengers who are:
  • British Airways customers arriving in First or business (Club World) cabins.
  • British Airways Executive Club Gold card holders arriving on a long-haul British Airways flight.
  • American Airlines customers arriving in First or Business Class cabins.
  • American Airlines Concierge Key card holders arriving on a long-haul American Airlines flight.
The BA website is terribly inaccurate.

The BA T5 Arrivals Lounge allows access to AA EXP arriving on long-haul flights into T5 during open hours, regardless of class of service.

Note this is not a Oneworld policy, its an AA/BA policy.
AirborneLocksmith likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:24 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with LHR AA Arrivals Lounge thread. Thanks to all who continue to share their experiences and offer their help to others. /Moderator
Old May 10, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Perdita
The Wiki says the LHR Arrivals lounge is open until 2pm, but the AA webpage says 3:30pm https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp Can anyone confirm current hours?

Also, what time are the food offerings open until (buffet, ala carte, etc)?

Im trying to choose between an 10:20am or 12:45p TATL landing.

Thank you for any help & advice.
The arrivals lounge has both a buffet which has an average variety of choices and a small ala carte menu. I was there and they were just transitioning from breakfast to lunch type service. Person sitting next to me was very demanding in her menu ordering - reminiscent of "Summer" in Yellowstone...
Old May 17, 2024, 2:01 pm

Fresh airport chaos looms as Heathrow workers are posed to stage more walkouts at half-term in a row over a new staff roster | Daily Mail Online

Could be ugly
Old May 17, 2024, 2:38 pm

This appears to pertain to a possible Border Force (immigration/customs) strike, not workforce that has anything to do with the AA Arrivals Lounge.

And last time the Border Force went on strike they brought in the Army to staff immigration and customs, and things ran fine from a passenger perspective (some would even say better)

Also: The daily mail? Not a great source...
JJeffrey likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Daily Mail AOK.
Old May 17, 2024, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by bse118

And last time the Border Force went on strike they brought in the Army to staff immigration and customs, and things ran fine from a passenger perspective (some would even say better)
It was 'better' because the Home Office filled every desk up with staff from the miltary with only a couple of weeks training. And I don't think they are doing that this time.

It would be better all the time if the Home Office did that week in week out. But they won't employ the staff. And the staff they do have aren't been treated very well - including staff being fired for not accepting a new and worse contract - hence the strkes.
ysolde and Lonedaddy like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by bse118

Also: The daily mail? Not a great source...
UK border force staff to strike at Heathrow in late May, early June (msn.com) Rueters better for you and most people going to arrivals lounge pass through border. Figured not many AA flyers would be aware as it is on the BA board. Chill just trying to pass along info. or sky news Border Force to stage more strikes at Heathrow Airport during half term | UK News | Sky News Pick one there are several storys on this
ysolde likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
UK border force staff to strike at Heathrow in late May, early June (msn.com) Rueters better for you and most people going to arrivals lounge pass through border. Figured not many AA flyers would be aware as it is on the BA board. Chill just trying to pass along info. or sky news Border Force to stage more strikes at Heathrow Airport during half term | UK News | Sky News Pick one there are several storys on this
I think the issue with the DM story is the hyperbolic chaos. And as for it being better when the military came in off the bench, it wasnt better. Especially if you can use the egates. Theres almost never any meaningful wait for an egate. I have to go to the desk in T5 (passport works in egates everywhere else) and even here, theres almost never a wait for US/UK/EU, etc.
Long story short, this will be a non event especially for anyone able to use the egates.
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Point being the Daily Mail is hyperbolic drama. Last time this happened there was essentially no impact to travelers. See what happens this time.

And it still has nothing to do with the Arrivals Lounge which will be there open and running as normal. The majority of AAs arriving passengers at LHR have no access to that Lounge anyway.
CMTinPHL likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 9:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by dingo
Daily Mail AOK.
for those not in the know, the daily mail is on par with the tabloids that dont rise to the enquirer's credibility. think bigfoot is really elvis hiding in area 51 sort of 'news'.
Old May 21, 2024, 2:10 am

Hello all.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere already but couldnt find it so would appreciate help...

i'm flying with AA into LHR.
2hr layover
On the same booking have a flight with BA to BER.

I have no intention to fly the BA flight to BER.

If I try to visit the AA arrivals lounge, is there a chance they will refuse me entry saying that I am on a layover and that my next flight is boarding soon?

When I show them my AA boarding pass, can they even see my itinerary and see i have a BA flight to BER?

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2024, 3:27 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by tarman121
If I try to visit the AA arrivals lounge, is there a chance they will refuse me entry saying that I am on a layover and that my next flight is boarding soon?
Assuming you're otherwise eligible to enter the arrivals lounge, I imagine there wouldn't be any problems entering.

While out of scope for this thread I will say that there are potential risks with this approach if you have to gate check a suitcase since the suitcase would continue onward to Berlin. Is it possible to drop the BA segment from the ticket formally?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.