Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
You are correct - found a review that confirms it: https://boardinggroup.one/review/lou...-lounge-review
I wouldn’t trust a 4 year old review from before the pandemic.

there are several threads on the BA board relating to the T5 arrivals lounge with far more recent experiences listed.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I wouldn’t trust a 4 year old review from before the pandemic.

there are several threads on the BA board relating to the T5 arrivals lounge with far more recent experiences listed.
It was the first one I came across… I would’ve thought BA’s website about the lounge would say something, but it didn’t (at least that I saw).
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
If you have a connecting flight, you would not use this lounge, you would use a departure lounge.
I mean, I routinely use the arrivals lounges on connections at Heathrow. But that's "advanced LHR user" behavior, not exactly the design use case.
Majuki likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by scubadu
There is no "wow factor" and it's certainly not worth doing anything unnatural to visit...

If you have a connecting flight, you would not use this lounge, you would use a departure lounge.
I agree that it's not worth doing anything unnatural to visit, but I would argue that 1) if you are eligible to access the AA Arrivals Lounge and it is open during your transit, 2) are eligible to use the automated gates to enter the UK, 3) have at least a 3-hour layover, and 4) are connecting onto a BA flight departing from Terminal 5, I'd much prefer the Arrivals Lounge.

The advantages with this approach are that the Arrivals Lounge is typically less crowded than BA, and I've never had to wait to get a shower. The showers are much larger and better designed than the awful showers in BA's lounges with the fluorescent lighting and plastic paneling, paltry shelf that where one has to perilously balance items at great risk of dropping into the sink or, worse, toilet, and the constant burping and slurping noises of the plumbing.

Originally Posted by bse118
I mean, I routinely use the arrivals lounges on connections at Heathrow. But that's "advanced LHR user" behavior, not exactly the design use case.
I would always opt to take the Elizabeth Line/HEX or Piccadilly Line to T5 versus the Flight Connections bus.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Is there a place to check luggage at the LHR Arrivals Lounge

Given how early I'm arriving at LHR on Thursday, I'd like to go for a run and then shower before heading into London. My running route begins at T5, so certainly one option is to head over to the BA Arrivals Lounge, where I know from recent experience that they'll admit me (even though flying on AA) and have a desk where one can check luggage. Is there anything comparable at the AA Arrivals Lounge? Folks on the BA board seem to think the AA lounge is superior to the BA lounge, so even though I'm perfectly happy with the BA lounge, I'd like to check out the AA lounge.

(As I typed this I realized that one option is to head over to T5 with my luggage, check it at the BA Arrivals Lounge, go for my run, and then claim my luggage from the BA Lounge before heading back to the AA Lounge, but still I'd like to know if I can check my luggage at the AA Lounge. A lot of words for a straightforward question!)
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by Blumie
Given how early I'm arriving at LHR on Thursday, I'd like to go for a run and then shower before heading into London. My running route begins at T5, so certainly one option is to head over to the BA Arrivals Lounge, where I know from recent experience that they'll admit me (even though flying on AA) and have a desk where one can check luggage. Is there anything comparable at the AA Arrivals Lounge? Folks on the BA board seem to think the AA lounge is superior to the BA lounge, so even though I'm perfectly happy with the BA lounge, I'd like to check out the AA lounge.

(As I typed this I realized that one option is to head over to T5 with my luggage, check it at the BA Arrivals Lounge, go for my run, and then claim my luggage from the BA Lounge before heading back to the AA Lounge, but still I'd like to know if I can check my luggage at the AA Lounge. A lot of words for a straightforward question!)
they have an area for luggage storage directly opposite the checkin desk, but in my experience it's hit or miss if they let you leave anything there. also keep in mind that the aa arrivals lounge isnt open very late. 3 pm iirc.
Majuki likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond

Originally Posted by stant
they have an area for luggage storage directly opposite the checkin desk, but in my experience it's hit or miss if they let you leave anything there. also keep in mind that the aa arrivals lounge isnt open very late. 3 pm iirc.
Maybe just me, but this isn't a service that I would be relying on the lounges for.

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...s/left-luggage
mnhusker likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bse118
Maybe just me, but this isn't a service that I would be relying on the lounges for.

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...s/left-luggage
In the BA Arrivals Lounge, the luggage storage area in behind a counter and has an attendant. No reason to use the left luggage service which, in addition to the cost, requires waiting in a queue and filling out forms. I’ve done it in the past when the arrivals lounges have been closed, but at least the BA lounge is a much better option. They said, if it makes you more comfortable go for it!
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
In the BA Arrivals Lounge, the luggage storage area in behind a counter and has an attendant.
In the AA Arrivals Lounge there is simply an unattended room opposite the front desk where one can store luggage. I've left suitcases unattended there multiple times but only for the duration of my stay in the lounge. This includes getting a meal or using one of the shower rooms.

It sounds like the BA Arrivals Lounge has a better setup for left luggage than AA's, but transiting T3 to T5 and back to T3 seems a lot of time.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Majuki
It sounds like the BA Arrivals Lounge has a better setup for left luggage than AA's, but transiting T3 to T5 and back to T3 seems a lot of time.
Which is why I used the BA lounge before and likely will again
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The LHR lounge has some very hot water - I'll say that. And their shirt press service was very quick. Food was decent but nothing to write home about. I did enjoy my traditional European craving - Schweppes Lemon....
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
The LHR arrival lounge is still open, right? They didn't close it for renovation or something, correct? The AA website doesn't say anything about it being closed.
I'm asking because the OW Lounge page doesn't show it anymore. https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...s?location=LHR

I have 6.5 hours between my incoming AA flight into T3 and my departing BA flight from T5, so I figured I may as well take the "scenic route" via the AA arrivals lounge in T3 and the BA First Wing at T5 instead of using the regular flight connection route. I spent 4 hours in the T5 BA First lounge last month, so I don't mind taking a little longer getting there.
Majuki likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I used AA arrivals T3 lounge less than two weeks ago. Still functioning well and nice. Try the Smashed Avocado for brekky.
AirborneLocksmith likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
I will give it a go!
I will arrive into T3 and use AA for a shower, decent breakfast and couple glasses of Moet.
Then I will head over to T5 BA arrivals to experiment.
If BA deny me entry I will point to their website, if they persist I will make a complaint!
Would be good to get confirmation from BA as to whether their arrivals lounge is limited to T5 arrivals as the rules on the website certainly don't say that.
​​​​​
So, what was the outcome?
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a9504477
So, what was the outcome?
As I think I’ve posted recently on this thread, I have flown AA a couple of times recently and have had no trouble accessing the BA arrivals lounge in T5. Both times I accessed twice, the first time to drop off my luggage and change into running clothes, and the second time returning from my run. No problem. Four separate BA agents allowed me in with my AA BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.