Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Excellent, CMK10. While I quite like the renovated space, I do miss the old set-up (inclding the old, mistmatched furniture).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Excellent, CMK10. While I quite like the renovated space, I do miss the old set-up (inclding the old, mistmatched furniture).
Here's some nostalgia for you then, I dug this out of a 2006 album:

JDiver, Abidjan and ysolde like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Interesting bubbles are now only upon request. There used to be self serve mini bottles.
hp12c likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Interesting bubbles are now only upon request. There used to be self serve mini bottles.
I suspect there were more than a few mini-bottles that ended up being carried out for later consumption.
JDiver, Abidjan and hp12c like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:53 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Is it still Moet?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm assuming we could use this lounge even if we use SWU's to upgrade to business? Is that right?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:52 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm assuming we could use this lounge even if we use SWU's to upgrade to business? Is that right?
that’s right. Business/first award tix, SWUs, point+cash upgrades all get access
aztimm likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by RW123
that’s right. Business/first award tix, SWUs, point+cash upgrades all get access
EXP/CK in any class also get access. No guests though.
hp12c likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:07 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by RW123
Is it still Moet?
yup, still Moët.

Also, No showers available this morning due to, I’m told, a water leak. Plaza Premium arrivals lounge is a good backup spot for showers if you have Amex platinum.

Last edited by hp12c; Oct 25, 2019 at 11:59 am
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Damn, that sucks.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cbender
I'm arriving at LHR tomorrow on PHL-LHR in J (presumably T3?) around 10:20AM, connecting on to LX in T2. This was purchased as a single ticket through AA.com. I have a 4 hour layover. What are my best options, if any, for a shower? Is 4 hr enough to clear UK immigration to access the arrivals lounge? How long should I plan for the T3 - T2 transfer if I do that?
Similar situation for our upcoming flight, except connecting on to BRU in T5. We have a layover of about 4.5 hours, and I’d prefer the showers in the arrivals lounge over those in the T5 Galleries First lounge. How much time should we allow to make the transfer to T5 - I’m assuming we’ll need to take Heathrow Express?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Had a wonderful experience there on November 1. The menu options for breakfast were good enough for me (I slept through breakfast on the flight over, a testament either to AA's J seat or to my own exhaustion). I had the traditional eggs (well, egg) Benedict and a cup of Earl Grey tea. My husband, always a grazer, went to the buffet, where he treated himself to a light serving of breakfast foods (having eaten on the flight).

We then freshened up. This is where the AA Arrivals Lounge truly shines. There are abundant shower cabins (including wheelchair friendly cabins). The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful. The cabins were clean. It was nice to brush my teeth, wash my face, take a quick shower, change into fresh clothes, and freshen my make-up before we headed to the Sofitel in T5.

This for several reasons: It took about an hour to get from the Arrivals Lounge to the check-in desk at the Sofitel. When we did, our room was not ready. Since we had all day, we headed for the Tube (is it called the Tube out by LHR?) and spent the day exploring London. What might have been a boring day at an airport hotel turned into a great day (and evening) in one of the world's great cities. Call me prissy, but it was partly precipitated by that shower . . .
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ysolde
Had a wonderful experience there on November 1. The menu options for breakfast were good enough for me (I slept through breakfast on the flight over, a testament either to AA's J seat or to my own exhaustion). I had the traditional eggs (well, egg) Benedict and a cup of Earl Grey tea. My husband, always a grazer, went to the buffet, where he treated himself to a light serving of breakfast foods (having eaten on the flight).

We then freshened up. This is where the AA Arrivals Lounge truly shines. There are abundant shower cabins (including wheelchair friendly cabins). The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful. The cabins were clean. It was nice to brush my teeth, wash my face, take a quick shower, change into fresh clothes, and freshen my make-up before we headed to the Sofitel in T5.

This for several reasons: It took about an hour to get from the Arrivals Lounge to the check-in desk at the Sofitel. When we did, our room was not ready. Since we had all day, we headed for the Tube (is it called the Tube out by LHR?) and spent the day exploring London. What might have been a boring day at an airport hotel turned into a great day (and evening) in one of the world's great cities. Call me prissy, but it was partly precipitated by that shower . . .
Yes the tube goes to LHR.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:29 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Similar situation for our upcoming flight, except connecting on to BRU in T5. We have a layover of about 4.5 hours, and I’d prefer the showers in the arrivals lounge over those in the T5 Galleries First lounge. How much time should we allow to make the transfer to T5 - I’m assuming we’ll need to take Heathrow Express?

Many thanks!
You’ll have more than enough time to visit the arrivals lounge and the get to T5. It’s ~20 minutes to T5. Rather than messing around with getting an inter-terminal voucher, just use Apple Pay or a contactless card to get onto the train (either Heathrow Express or the tube). It’ll charge you nothing, but you need to scan a card/phone in order to get in.
AAEmpireState likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ysolde

The Tube is one option from LHR if you made lots of stops then that's what you took, the other option is the Heathrow Express which is non-stop to Paddington. And there's nothing prissy about wanting a shower after an overnight before heading out for the day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.