Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Isn't there a volume control and a channel selector, on the wall just beside the entry door?
Now if they would just add a humidity control, that would be great!
cyberkarl likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm flying to LHR tonight and plan to use the Arrivals lounge tomorrow morning. It clearly states no guests so I will go before my mother and her partner arrive to pick me up. My question is there any other arrival lounge I would have access to that DOES allow guest(s)?
Old May 21, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm flying to LHR tonight and plan to use the Arrivals lounge tomorrow morning. It clearly states no guests so I will go before my mother and her partner arrive to pick me up. My question is there any other arrival lounge I would have access to that DOES allow guest(s)?
I'm pretty sure that no, but frankly, I'm not sure what goal would be anyway? Good for you to have the Arrivals Lounge access for shower and place to wait around until your pickup arrives, but why would anyone local want to hang out at a lounge when picking you up? If they arrive early there are coffee shops and the like that are available.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm pretty sure that no, but frankly, I'm not sure what goal would be anyway? Good for you to have the Arrivals Lounge access for shower and place to wait around until your pickup arrives, but why would anyone local want to hang out at a lounge when picking you up? If they arrive early there are coffee shops and the like that are available.
Mimosas and Bloody Mary's might be a motivator. I absolutely love the AA T3 Arrivals Lounge, although I don't really see it as a "hang out" place

In all seriousness, though, I can't think of any arrivals lounges at LHR that allow guests. The BA T5 lounge does not permit guests, either.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Mimosas and Bloody Mary's might be a motivator. I absolutely love the AA T3 Arrivals Lounge, although I don't really see it as a "hang out" place

In all seriousness, though, I can't think of any arrivals lounges at LHR that allow guests. The BA T5 lounge does not permit guests, either.
thanks. They are driving quite a way and was just wanting them to relax in a lounge away from the chaos of the arrivals area and cafe nero.

Old May 21, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So for passengers who are not EXPs and not F/J class, I assume the only lounge really is the Admirals Club?
Old May 21, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
So for passengers who are not EXPs and not F/J class, I assume the only lounge really is the Admirals Club?
Not an option for arrivals, unfortunately. All the other lounges are on the airside, and are not accessible for arriving passengers, if not connecting.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Not an option for arrivals, unfortunately. All the other lounges are on the airside, and are not accessible for arriving passengers, if not connecting.
Got it. Its off to the T5 Clubs I go then....
Old May 23, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by enviroian

thanks. They are driving quite a way and was just wanting them to relax in a lounge away from the chaos of the arrivals area and cafe nero.

Have them wait at one of the hotels served by the Hotel Hoppa, then you grab the Hoppa, and meet them after you finish in the lounge.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Arrive BA LHR longhaul into T5, access AA arrivals lounge in T3?

I’m EXP and arriving on BA into T5 from HKG on the A380 in Premium Economy and if I’m willing to find my own way to T3, can I use the AA Arrivals lounge? I arrive at 5am and have plenty of time on my hands. I’m not thrilled with the T5 BA arrivals lounge.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp

No. If you fly AA you can access it regardless (all AA go into T3 anyways). Under BA you'll see your BA flight has to land in T3 to access it.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Not very practical to use arrivals lounge with 2.5 hour connection. I am often surprised at how quickly the time goes by in transit at LHR. You say you are in BA J but is that for both flights? Also, BA does have some flights in T3. I would just hit the departure lounge in your departure terminal and if that is T5 then you will be in the Galleries First lounge (there are 2) and you can hit the BA forum for more info on those. If T3 there is a long thread on the lounges but your choice of AA, CX and BA and AA has showers.
I have a 3.5 hour connection at LHR tomorrow morning, I just got a load factor upgrade, wondering if I should do an arrivals lounge or regular lounge. I'm expecting to be tired and would like to be able to shower.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by donotblink

I have a 3.5 hour connection at LHR tomorrow morning, I just got a load factor upgrade, wondering if I should do an arrivals lounge or regular lounge. I'm expecting to be tired and would like to be able to shower.
enjoy Barcelona! That W Hotel is one of my faves.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:45 pm

Your BCN flight is from T3, so use the Cathay lounge for shower and dim sum breakfast.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:12 pm

Definitely just use the airside lounge(s). They have showers, and you'll avoid immigration lines and the time associated with them. You'll still need to re-clear security either way, but once you do, you'll be settled into the lounge without having to look forward to the security check after your shower.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.