Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Your BCN flight is from T3, so use the Cathay lounge for shower and dim sum breakfast.
Cathay lounge and Won Ton soup is great. Stopped in last week for a return flight to the states. Felt like I visited two countries. UK and Hong Kong!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Hi all, long time reader first time poster. I was just wondering if anyone on this thread knew whether the private conference room in the AA Arrivals Lounge at LHR needs to be booked in advance and whether there is a charge for booking the room? If so does anyone know how to go about doing so?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
So, this might be the perfect solution. We have the early morning AA flight in J (arriving 6:20 am). The airport Sofitel doesn't allow check-in until 2:00 pm. I figure we can just head to the arrivals lounge, freshen up, have a bite, hang out for a bit, and then head off to the hotel.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ysolde
So, this might be the perfect solution. We have the early morning AA flight in J (arriving 6:20 am). The airport Sofitel doesn't allow check-in until 2:00 pm. I figure we can just head to the arrivals lounge, freshen up, have a bite, hang out for a bit, and then head off to the hotel.
Exactly what it is meant for.. and of course to the main the main target; business folks being able to prepare for afternoon meetings after landing. Enjoy!

I really wish AA would have more of these around the world, but LHR is by far their most important business destination so it makes sense to have one there. Elsewhere would be hard to justify.
ysolde likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I really wouldn't want to be in any lounge for almost 8 hours. IIRC the AA arrivals lounge is nice but not that long nice.

I'd have breakfast and a shower there then head over to the Sofitel just to leave the bags there even if they can't give you your room and then head to Windsor or London.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I really wouldn't want to be in any lounge for almost 8 hours. IIRC the AA arrivals lounge is nice but not that long nice.

I'd have breakfast and a shower there then head over to the Sofitel just to leave the bags there even if they can't give you your room and then head to Windsor or London.
It sounds tempting. We'll have to see.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
With a 6-hour layover flying Business- arrival in T3 on an AA then departure from T5 on BA should I just head over to T5 after flight lands and use one of the BA Galleries Lounges?
apeortdz likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:57 am

It's up to you. Is that what you want to do? You won't find too many people here who think spending many hours in the Galleries Lounges to be a great experience.

We've had 5 hours and grabbed an uber to Windsor. Walk around for a couple hours. Uber back and you'll still have plenty of time. Automated kiosks into LHR (for citizens of select countries, including the US) have made it a breeze to get into to the UK.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
With a 6-hour layover flying Business- arrival in T3 on an AA then departure from T5 on BA should I just head over to T5 after flight lands and use one of the BA Galleries Lounges?
Originally Posted by dave_261
It's up to you. Is that what you want to do? You won't find too many people here who think spending many hours in the Galleries Lounges to be a great experience.

We've had 5 hours and grabbed an uber to Windsor. Walk around for a couple hours. Uber back and you'll still have plenty of time. Automated kiosks into LHR (for citizens of select countries, including the US) have made it a breeze to get into to the UK.
This is a question of priorities and level of risk one is willing to take. Leaving LHR to go to Windsor is totally doable, but there is no predicting how long it might take getting back through security, as it is a mystery at times.

If one transfers over to T5, that alone could take 45 minutes to an hour (on bad days) and if one wants to take a shower to freshen up, count on another hour or so. After all this, it might leave ~2.5 hours in the lounge before it's time to head to the gate. They have champagne, even in the Galleries Lounges, one just needs to ask for it
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Curious - if I’m on an AA codeshare in BA that arrives from MAD will I have access as an EXP? If it helps I will be leaving on a flight home the next day (less than 24 hours). I arrive around 1:30 and will have about 1.5 hours to kill before I have to leave the airport so this sounds like a nice place to kill some time.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Curious - if I’m on an AA codeshare in BA that arrives from MAD will I have access as an EXP? If it helps I will be leaving on a flight home the next day (less than 24 hours). I arrive around 1:30 and will have about 1.5 hours to kill before I have to leave the airport so this sounds like a nice place to kill some time.
Unfortunately not. When arriving on a BA flight, it needs to be a long haul one.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I'm arriving at LHR tomorrow on PHL-LHR in J (presumably T3?) around 10:20AM, connecting on to LX in T2. This was purchased as a single ticket through AA.com. I have a 4 hour layover. What are my best options, if any, for a shower? Is 4 hr enough to clear UK immigration to access the arrivals lounge? How long should I plan for the T3 - T2 transfer if I do that?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by cbender
I'm arriving at LHR tomorrow on PHL-LHR in J (presumably T3?) around 10:20AM, connecting on to LX in T2. This was purchased as a single ticket through AA.com. I have a 4 hour layover. What are my best options, if any, for a shower? Is 4 hr enough to clear UK immigration to access the arrivals lounge? How long should I plan for the T3 - T2 transfer if I do that?
You have plenty of time to go to the AA Arrivals Lounge assuming your flight is on time. Worst case scenario is an hour (very unlikely) to clear immigration, then hop over to the lounge for a shower and quick breakfast, and leave two hours for getting to T2 and clear security there stress free.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cbender
Once you've gone landslide for the arrivals lounge, the T3-T2 is just a ten minute walk - follow signs to the London Underground and Terminal 2 and just keeping walking past the underground station.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped by the Arrivals Lounge which I last visited in 2006 (!) last week.

I asked first for a shower and was told "take number 18". They seem to have over two dozen showers so getting into one quickly was really easy.

The space itself is pretty small but comfortable. I found a seat in an anteroom in front of power (both Europe and UK style outlets).

Breakfast was standard full English type stuff as well as a small menu

There was also a fun little Bloody Mary Bar. Overall I was more impressed than I expected to be.
JDiver and Abidjan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.