Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight Cancel / Cancellation / Cancelled / Delay / Diversion 2023 on (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread). Note: OSO = Off Schedule Operations, System IROPS or IRROPS = Irregular Operations such as flight delays and/or cancellations

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides flight information and flight status comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)

link to the archive of the 2021-22 thread.
link to archive of 2020 thread.
link to archive of 2019 thread.
link to archive of 2018 thread.
Print Wikipost

Flight Cancel / Cancellation / Cancelled / Delay / Diversion 2023 on (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hello 2023 - time for a new yearly thread!

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 3, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
AA927 - Delay Reason

Can someone look up the reason for the delay of AA927 (DCA-JAX) for today? It's my plane's inbound flight and I'm curious the reason for the significant delay. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Can someone look up the reason for the delay of AA927 (DCA-JAX) for today? It's my plane's inbound flight and I'm curious the reason for the significant delay. Thanks in advance!
Aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA
aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
This might also be impacting flights: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...em-2023-01-02/.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is there any service that people use to monitor travel waivers?

I use ChangeTower to monitor the Travel Alerts page - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp - but it isn't totally real time and can have a lot of noise (as cities are added/removed to existing waivers, etc).

I find it useful to monitor the page so I can get ahead of any disruption - but I'm curious if there's a more direct way of getting alerted to waivers.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriot Gold, HHonors Gold
It's been a few months since this happened but I had the following situation:

I was on a a bit weird itinerary LGA-DCA-PHL-ZRH. The LGA-DCA was on time but DCA-PHL delayed and I would have missed the long haul flight PHL-ZRH. I had already checked-in at LGA but just before boarding got a notification that I couldn't be automatically rebooked and to see an agent.
It turned out the only option was to fly the next day which I couldn't do. So asked the agent to remove the LGA-DCA and DCA-PHL leg out of the reservation and instead took the Amtrak to Philadelphia and eventually was able to catch that flight.

The question here is: Do I have the right for compensation?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by crypticro

I was on a a bit weird itinerary LGA-DCA-PHL-ZRH. The LGA-DCA was on time but DCA-PHL delayed and I would have missed the long haul flight PHL-ZRH. I had already checked-in at LGA but just before boarding got a notification that I couldn't be automatically rebooked and to see an agent.
It turned out the only option was to fly the next day which I couldn't do. So asked the agent to remove the LGA-DCA and DCA-PHL leg out of the reservation and instead took the Amtrak to Philadelphia and eventually was able to catch that flight.

You can try for ORC and possibly a voucher, but YMMV
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by crypticro

Was the delay mechanical? If yes then I'd definitely submit a complaint online and ask for reimbursement of your Amtrak ticket to PHL. Worst case they will say no but still throw some miles your way.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriot Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Was the delay mechanical? If yes then I'd definitely submit a complaint online and ask for reimbursement of your Amtrak ticket to PHL. Worst case they will say no but still throw some miles your way.
I remember it was late because the incoming flight from Westchester Country was late but I don't know what the problem with that flight was. It is not just the Amtrak ticket, also cab rides from LGA to NY Penn Station and from Philadelphia 30th St to PHL. Also my bag was missing too obviously because if they unloaded my bag from my plane on leg one it would have taken at least an hour to pick it up but I didn't have that time to catch the train.

Last edited by crypticro; Jan 6, 2023 at 10:05 am Reason: more information
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
DFW tomorrow weather

Starting after 3 it’s forecasted to be nasty weather. I have a 12:20 positioning flight to CLT to get my FRA connection. There are really no other alternatives only flights that leave DFW later via LHR.

Think I’ll be fine or try for an earlier CLT flight (haven’t even checked if there is any availability). I received the travel alert from AA just now.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by enviroian
Starting after 3 it’s forecasted to be nasty weather. I have a 12:20 positioning flight to CLT to get my FRA connection. There are really no other alternatives only flights that leave DFW later via LHR.

Think I’ll be fine or try for an earlier CLT flight (haven’t even checked if there is any availability). I received the travel alert from AA just now.
Bon chance, mon ami.

If it were me, I’d take an earlier flight, just to get to CLT. Weather moves east.
wrp96 and MasterPlanner like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
It’s just another day in DFW. Roll the dice. You’ll make your connect. Where’s the inbound coming from for your Dfw clt leg ?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
It’s just another day in DFW. Roll the dice. You’ll make your connect. Where’s the inbound coming from for your Dfw clt leg ?
Pittsburgh. I'm going to roll it.

Last edited by enviroian; Mar 1, 2023 at 8:20 pm
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by enviroian
Pittsburgh. I'm going to roll it.
go for it. They just started to cancel flights from Dfw later on today.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.