Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight Cancel / Cancellation / Cancelled / Delay / Diversion 2021-22 (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

2021 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)

link to archive of 2020 thread.
link to archive of 2019 thread.
link to archive of 2018 thread.

Print Wikipost

Flight Cancel / Cancellation / Cancelled / Delay / Diversion 2021-22 (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:07 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Hello 2021 - time for a new yearly thread!
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Saw in another thread that AA1181 diverted today. Isnt that like the third diversion on this route in the past month? AA1181 diverted on the 28th to DEN, and I thought one flying EGE to MIA diverted to DFW.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Saw in another thread that AA1181 diverted today. Isnt that like the third diversion on this route in the past month? AA1181 diverted on the 28th to DEN, and I thought one flying EGE to MIA diverted to DFW.
the A319 is a suboptimal aircraft for this route IMO, and they no longer have the 757s available. The payload is to high on all other aircraft’s.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:51 am

AA 4245 MEM-DFW Issue?

Anyone know if/what the issue was for the 3+ hour delay. Local reports say possible "security issue"??
Old Jan 16, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Article states a "non specific threat" from a passenger onboard.

https://dailymemphian.com/section/me...memphis-flight
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Article states a "non specific threat" from a passenger onboard.

https://dailymemphian.com/section/me...memphis-flight

I wonder what the passenger had said
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by mvoight
I wonder what the passenger had said
"Why no PDB!!???"
la2clt and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I was booked on AA904 GIG-MIA on 1/17. The caterers neglected to make sure the door was unarmed and popped a evacuation slide. This caused a 12 hour overnight delay as a new slide had to be flown in from MIA. I managed to get the twitter team to rebook me SDU-GRU-MIA and AA proactively sent everyone 15K miles as compensation. I don't know how it was handled at the airport as I never went there but from my end AA handled it pretty well.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by dls25
I was booked on AA904 GIG-MIA on 1/17. The caterers neglected to make sure the door was unarmed and popped a evacuation slide. This caused a 12 hour overnight delay as a new slide had to be flown in from MIA. I managed to get the twitter team to rebook me SDU-GRU-MIA and AA proactively sent everyone 15K miles as compensation. I don't know how it was handled at the airport as I never went there but from my end AA handled it pretty well.
Interesting. That explains why I heard AA904 on the radios over central Brazil in the middle of the day yesterday as I was flying south. I thought that was odd.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: United Gold
AA flight from PIT diverted today?

I saw a flight overhead this morning around 9:45 am and got curious and looked on flight aware. It had taken off from PIT, turned south, then circled back north and circled a bit before turning and landing.

flight aware said it was diverted back to PIT But I couldn’t see anything else. My app search history seems to say I clicked on AAL 718 but I see no other history of flights with that number. Might not be the right number.

anyway anyone know anything about this?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Flightaware shows AA745, A319 N742PS operating PIT-DFW, departing the gate 8:54am and taking off at 9:08am before diverting and landing back at PIT at 9:52am.

AA.com shows that the flight finally (re-)departed after 7pm (!) tonight (on a different aircraft).

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...400Z/KPIT/KPIT
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:12 pm

Thanks ty. I checked the pit-clt and pit-Mia but didn’t check Dfw. Anyone with info on the delay issues?

Track log says takeoff was 9:08, and at 9:15 its climb rate went to zero. 9:16 divert was entered..

12 hour delay is rough, hope most were able to be reaccomodated by then

surprised there is nothing in local news..
Old Mar 12, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
While interesting to us av geeks, not sure why this would be newsworthy? Planes divert all the time.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The PSA retrojet....
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
While interesting to us av geeks, not sure why this would be newsworthy? Planes divert all the time.
I agree, but you’d be surprised how often diversions end up in the news here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.