Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

4x miles on AA purchases with Citi AAdvantage Executive Card through 12/31/22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4x miles on AA purchases with Citi AAdvantage Executive Card through 12/31/22

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:34 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I had the same thoughts after reading it as well. Like it's worded there it would essentially be a 20k LP bonus for anyone that accumulates over 90k LP per year.
That would actually be a good benefit that could justify the higher AF for me. And I wonder if the first 10k LP boost would count toward achieving the 90k LP boost (at which point earning 80k LPs would translate into 100k LP banked)
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chicago747
Just got a survey from a marketing research firm on Citi's behalf for the Exec card. They basically showed the Exec card with a ton of new benefits and new price tag. This was the first one they showed and most expensive. Was not impressed with any of the added offerings.

Didn't you accept the confidentially agreement to participate in the survey?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by cova
What confidentiality agreement? There wasn't one in the body of the email nor the survey itself. Citi is welcomed to sue me....one thing I am long is family members with law degrees. Honestly they should be paying me for putting this out there. If 100% of the online chatter about a product is negative....maybe the product isn't as good as they think.

Last edited by chicago747; Oct 27, 2022 at 8:49 am
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:38 am

If I get rid of the Aviator card, and get this one, will I lose my mileage bonus that I received in the Aviator card?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:19 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Participants for in person focus groups are often asked to sign NDAs… not always for online surveys
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I wouldn't mind AA thinning the herd in the AA club by doing away with the free AU cards.

I use the club all the time so this increase wouldn't cause me to cancel.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by txpenny
I wouldn't mind AA thinning the herd in the AA club by doing away with the free AU cards.

I use the club all the time so this increase wouldn't cause me to cancel.
It probably wouldn't cause me to cancel, but would be a major downgrade for me and would make very little difference in crowds. Both of our college aged kids are AU mostly because they use my card for certain purchases and I want the points. Only once have they used it to access the club and they were with us and had to since I could only bring in two guests without one of them showing a card. My wife is also an AU. She rarely flies without me, but has a few times this year to visit her aging parents. She has popped into the club a couple times on those trips when her layover is around 2 hours. So if they charge for AU's, I would probably pay for my wife and drop my kids and put them on one of my other cards. I may end up dropping her as well, I guess it just depends on the deal. So in the long run, it may cost AA money as far as my family goes, as their credit card spend would all end up elsewhere.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by chicago747
What confidentiality agreement? There wasn't one in the body of the email nor the survey itself. Citi is welcomed to sue me....one thing I am long is family members with law degrees. Honestly they should be paying me for putting this out there. If 100% of the online chatter about a product is negative....maybe the product isn't as good as they think.
When I participated in the study - the statement read - by participating you agreed to the Confidentially - not disclosing any content of the survey on forums, sites, etc.
I guess worst thing that could happen is they cancel your CC.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
When I participated in the study - the statement read - by participating you agreed to the Confidentially - not disclosing any content of the survey on forums, sites, etc.
you must have gotten a different survey then. Nothing in my survey had any legalese at all. Even if it did, I'd still post it. It's not like posting the code from the president's "football". I figure if JonNYC still is posting (who has way more "top secret" info)...... I'm probably pretty safe. If not and they cancel my Exec card,I guess i'll get the Aviator card for the 10th time
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
And you so passionately care about this because...

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
And you so passionately care about this because...

Regards
Just pointing out - I guess some people ignore confidentially agreements - that is why there are so many leaks around Washington DC.

I have never taken a survey before that was so specific on the confidentially. You had to answer a questionaire to determine if you were eligible to take the survey before it started. One question was you agreed not to share the information on social media and other public forums. If you said no - then you would have been kicked out before the survey started.

I am not sure if that was a good idea on Citi's part - some companies purposely leak information to get feedback before they formally annouce it. Happens here on flyertalk with posts from Jon (previously) and Gary as they have connections and receive leaks - like newsreporters.

This survey came out beginning of June and their were no leaks until recently. I am sure many others on FT got the survey and observed the confidentially.

As the OP says - they did not have to check the box for confidentially - so if it was reissued and received 4 months after June - maybe Citi opened it up so it would make its way here.

I would have posted myself if there was no restriction. No fault here to the OP.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Considering exp status is 200k LP a year switching to Amex platinum would put the kabosh in that! I spend probably 70k on that card now so I wouldn’t requalify not using the Amex plat.
How would you not re-qualify for EXP status by not using the Amex Plat?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:49 pm

Am I just misreading the the text on the promo page?
Earn a total of 4X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases for a limited time.1

Along with the 2 miles per dollar you already earn with your Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card, from September 28, 2022 through December 31, 2022, you will earn an additional 2 miles per dollar, for a total of 4 miles per dollar.

Don't forget — with every eligible AAdvantage® mile earned, you'll earn 1 Loyalty Point, helping you achieve AAdvantage® status.2
How does "Earn a total of 4x AAdvantage miles" and "with every eligible AAdvantage mile earned, you'll earn 1 Loyalty Point" not add up to 4x LPs?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami

How does "Earn a total of 4x AAdvantage miles" and "with every eligible AAdvantage mile earned, you'll earn 1 Loyalty Point" not add up to 4x LPs?
Because that 4x miles codes as 1 "base" mile and 3 "bonus" miles, and bonus miles aren't considered eligible for earning LPs. They really should be more clear about this, but the AA credit cards only ever earn 1x LPs per dollar (except the one card that earns 0.5), regardless of any bonus categories on the card.
JJeffrey and ksucats like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami

Did you read the fine print?

From the email which I received announcing this promotion:
1 Loyalty Point per eligible AAdvantage® mile 1 Loyalty Point accrues for every eligible AAdvantage® mile earned on purchases, excluding balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your credit card account, items and services returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, purchases of foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, and gaming chips (and similar betting transactions). Eligible AAdvantage® miles include the base miles earned on purchases, and do not include any bonus miles or accelerators. Loyalty Points may be earned on miles on purchases made by primary credit cardmembers and authorized users. Loyalty Points earned will be posted to the primary credit cardmember’s AAdvantage® account in 8 to 10 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.