Wiki Posts
Search

AA to add up to 60 CRJ-200s

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Exit row is no different than others.

Also curious about in what scenario flying ORD-MSN-ORD makes sense over just driving it.
Was thinking the same thing, then noticed that PP is PHX based. I'm assuming it's PHX-ORD-MSN. I've got two flights coming up on CR2s that are ATW-ORD-MCI and then MCI-ORD-ATW. AA now operates the only CR2 lines in WI, both UA and DL have moved to at least CR7.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Was thinking the same thing, then noticed that PP is PHX based.
That would make more sense. Probably just truncated the pre-ORD legs.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:41 am

Was thinking the same thing, then noticed that PP is PHX based. I'm assuming it's PHX-ORD-MSN. I've got two flights coming up on CR2s that are ATW-ORD-MCI and then MCI-ORD-ATW. AA now operates the only CR2 lines in WI, both UA and DL have moved to at least CR7.
We currently have a mix of CR2 and E175 on UAX out of ATW.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Exit row is no different than others.

Also curious about in what scenario flying ORD-MSN-ORD makes sense over just driving it.
Connecting flight from CMH with golf clubs!
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by atword
We currently have a mix of CR2 and E175 on UAX out of ATW.
I thought Skywest didn't have any CR2s so when Air Wisconsin moved from UA to AA they were all gone. Guess I was wrong.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I was an elite member with Northwest Airlines from 2002 until 2007. I had quite a few rides on the Pinnacle birds, and they were miserable. That was a unique time where I could fly on Delta and Continental and also get full benefits and lots of upgrades. I was on a lot of CR2 flights on Comair and ASA as well. Always enjoyed my ERJ flights on Continental. However, I can't say that I've been on a crj200 at least 15 years. I'd almost like to have a flight on one for the sake of nostalgia.

I don't know if they're really any better, but I used to always try to get the exit row aisle seat. For some reason I always thought that was the best one. I don't know if it was just all in my head, or if the configuration on Pinnacle/Comair/ASA allowed for a little extra room.

One unique aspect of that part of my flying history was that NW flew the Avro RJ with a ridiculously pax friendly F to Y ratio. And, the coach seats on those planes were probably like today's first class seats. It was a super comfortable flying experience. Of course they had the dc9s that had a really good first class ratio as well. I almost never flew in coach once I gained status.

But I digress. I might try to find a connection through Chicago at some point just to have a nostalgic last experience with the god-awful crj200. I have a feeling that halfway through the flight I wonder why I thought that was a good idea.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:44 am

I thought Skywest didn't have any CR2s so when Air Wisconsin moved from UA to AA they were all gone. Guess I was wrong.
As disappointed as AA flyers may be about the ~40 Air Wisconsin CR2s moving over, we still have about 100 SkyWest CR2s swarming the skies for UAX.
Daze and KBMIFlyer like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:32 am

Word at an ORD regional stop is that AA is giving AW routes back to Envoy
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fuelboi
That would be a huge win. AW is a poop-show. Their operations are chaotic. Can't find planes. Maintenance issues galore. Uninspired crews. There's a reason why UA kicked them to the curb. I will not book any AA flight operated by AW.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Best rumor of the year.
aj411 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fuelboi
That would be a great rumor to come true. They just switched (for upcoming flights in fall) our Envoy 175 service morning service for a AW 200 at our local regional. Could have done without that!
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:52 am

Like I said just a rumor, but Envoy has been auditing fuel vendors in preparation for a switch. (again) Hard to imagine envoy bringing 175s into an EAS airport with sub 20 daily pax like ours.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
wierd thing is that we had jsut picked up the 175 a few months back. Even our ground staff was excited about it. Now poof. All 200s now
Old Jun 21, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Envoy is adding 12 new E175s but that wouldn't be enough to cover the flying of 60 CRJs
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
The CR2s have invaded PHL. This is worse than the lantern flies. Or maybe it happened a while ago and I am just finally unlucky enough to be routed on one.
Spiff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.