Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Worst jet aircraft in the US industry.
Canada too.
Spiff and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by rjque
My favorite was the old United Express layout that they used between Denver and Aspen. Something like 40 inches of legroom at every seat due to pilot contract issues. It was a great ride.
I remember these very well - but I remember being quite cramped! Really cool jet with a great ride, a treat to fly on. No biggie for the short flight with exceptional views. Looks great on the ramp in Aspen.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by born sleepy
I wouldn't think so, but all t-props in my experience are punishingly noisy inside. Haven't been on an ATR in forever. I don't think there are any left in service in N. America.
There's plenty of new one's being used by Silver Airways here in Florida. I didn't think it was too noisy on our 90 mins from TPA-CHS.
Antarius and Spanish like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by dopey!
There's plenty of new one's being used by Silver Airways here in Florida. I didn't think it was too noisy on our 90 mins from TPA-CHS.
Great little airline! Well I love the new paint job, I sure miss the Saab 340 airplanes they used to have. The port side A seats were the best, just like the Embraer 145. Very comfortable. Pink flamingos sure look cool at FLL.
dopey! and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by MarkOK
All this means is that I can now fly to a place like Oshkosh WI on AA tickets, instead of UA tickets. And people in Oshkosh WI will do their flying through ORD on AA instead of UA. ((I have no idea about Oshkosh WI, just thinking of random 1 -airline- service, 2-3 flights a day, types of airports these planes typically serve).
You can't fly to OSH on either AA or UA tickets. OSH does not have scheduled commercial air service, we have to go 30 miles north to ATW to get a scheduled flight. I would prefer a CR2 out of OSH over the current CR2 from ATW since I live two blocks from the OSH terminal. Right now from ATW, UA is flying CR2s to ORD and DEN, Delta flies CR2, CR9 and B717 to MSP, DTW and ATL. AA flies CR7 to ORD. G4 flies to a half dozen destinations.
My bigger question would be if these are going from UA to AA, what is UA going to replace these with? And why downgauge from CR7 to CR2 for these?

Originally Posted by arc727
Plus, it said these will primarily be based in ORD. Its possible DFW wont see any CR2s.
Currently Air Wisconsin operates CR2s from ORD and DEN, probably not going to be many to DFW if any.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
My bigger question would be if these are going from UA to AA, what is UA going to replace these with?
I saw a thread several weeks ago that UA is stopping service to some of the destinations served by the CR2.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by wrp96
I saw a thread several weeks ago that UA is stopping service to some of the destinations served by the CR2.
Yup - for example, PAH used to be (or, is currently for a couple of more months) served by UA on a SkyWest CR2. Now it will be served by Contour who interlines with AA and in this interesting configuration. (PAH is subsidized under the Essential Air Service program.)
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by chrisny2; Sep 3, 2022 at 1:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Is this a joke?
Unfortunately not: https://www.aviacionline.com/2022/08...air-wisconsin/
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think this is the plane they use to call the "Devil's Chariot" over in the UA forum....lol.
No doubt many/all of these AW planes will be repainted from UX livery to AE.
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Why would they reduce capacity on this route? Makes no sense.
Where would they send the 737 and 321s covering this route now?
To United?

Originally Posted by enviroian
I think he was joking.
Yes, I was joking. But the airlines do crazy things. Maybe they want to increase frequency.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:45 pm

Ugh. Got switched on to one of these for ORD-YYZ in June. Not the quickest of hops.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by KE81
Ugh. Got switched on to one of these for ORD-YYZ in June. Not the quickest of hops.
5 frequencies a day, all on all-Y CRJs. Gross, gross, gross.
Spiff, KE81 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
5 frequencies a day, all on all-Y CRJs. Gross, gross, gross.
Nice way for them to just hand the entire market to UA/AC.
Spiff, platbrownguy and KE81 like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
After managing to avoid these birds for a while, I am finally booked on a CR2 next week. Any tips on seat selection to make the best of it? I notice the exit rows are not MCE, does that mean they really don't have any more legroom?
Old May 30, 2023, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
After managing to avoid these birds for a while, I am finally booked on a CR2 next week. Any tips on seat selection to make the best of it? I notice the exit rows are not MCE, does that mean they really don't have any more legroom?
Correct. No extra legroom. Also no armrest if you are in the window seat.
Spiff and Mr. BoH like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.