Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BA2158

The Grilled Sirloin Steak was pretty awful. I had to get it down with wine with every bite.
That’s a bummer about the sirloin. Reads like a nice dish. Sauce on the side? Maybe the sea bass is the winner here, but I generally prefer beef over fish.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
MAD/DFW Choices next month

Our choice for lunch for our forthcoming flight in J, MAD-DFW is below. My hubby says he's going to go Kosher as he's done well with that in the past. I've been reading that the fish is often a good choice, but I'm not a big fan of salmon. I always tend towards a steak and am usually disappointed, so maybe the chicken!

Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
LHR-PHL AA729

Sea bass was a winner.

Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:59 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
AA 996
EZE - DFW 8/19/2022

AA 996

….connecting to….

AA 1290
DFW - LAX 8/20/2022

AA 1290

DUT

Last edited by DUT; Aug 18, 2022 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Had the paneer on my LHR-JFK flight, and have to say that it was very tasty. Definitely one of the best dishes I've had on AA.

Paneer

Cheese for dessert
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Two choices for MIA-GRU RT. Outbound was thinking sea bass as I will have had plenty of time in JFK and MIA FFD and want something light. Return nothing really stuck out, so wondering if anyone has had the options, beyond the short rib. Or was thinking to do Hindu?

Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
DFW-NRT, AA ticket and metal, tried the Japanese meal for the first time. It was pretty clearly catered by JL, and was very similar to the meals offered on the JL-metal legs of my trip. I found most of the dishes to be considerably more interesting and flavorful than the standard AA fare that I had on my return flight.

Menu

Initial presentation

First course

Main course

OK not very Japanese, but quite good

Snack - roast beef wrap, not Japanese at all, nor any good
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Aa104 jfk-lhr

Red snapper was really nothing special.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got exactly the same menu on tonight's AA106 JFK-LHR.
Had my fill of those gorgeous potatoes, carrots and onions in the Flagship lounge (pretty busy compared to next door where you could count everyone on one hand), so probably won't bother with anything. Well, maybe the cheese for dessert.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:51 am

This was the menu this week, FC LHR/JFK:
  • Umami Crusted Beef Tenderloin
    confit barrel chips, mushroom ketchup
  • Citrus-Grilled Hake
    Gin Mare sauce, Seville orange segments, asparagus
  • Corn-Fed Chicken
    braised chorizo and runner beans
  • Aromatic Chickpea Stew
    sweet potato, sautéed Padrón peppers and piquillo peppers
I had the hake and it was a bland fish with an orange on top, served with soggy asparagus. My SO had the the chicken and scraped off the odd tasting sauce. Essentially, we had nursery food. The end of flight snack (burger or Thai salad) was much better. Next time, I would eat a
proper meal in the CX lounge and skip dinner.

It seems fair to comment on meal service here, so I will: Simply put, it was the worst I've experienced on a TA flight in a long time, F and J included. The FA could not get finished fast enough. Our aisle never had bread passed, though the other one did. Coffee/tea was never offered, I got the
wrong dressing for the salad and my beverage glass and empty coffee cup sat on my armrest for almost the entirety of the flight. There was never a second beverage or anything else offered proactively other than a basket of crisps. We are talking about a cabin of 8 people, all of whom paid a premium to sit in essentially J seats. Something should be stepped up, thought I suspect this was a service level related to the particular FA. This is a 5 PM flight, so not a lights out situation. To anyone who might expect some kind of exceptional experience, commensurate with the price, think again.
ianassum, IndyHoosier and AAL1 like this.

Last edited by Mickidon; Aug 23, 2022 at 5:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
We're flying J on AA 151 CDG-ORD at the end of September. Any info on what to expect. Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
LHR-JFK, J, Aug 23, 2022

Had the sea bass and wife had the paneer, both were really good, would order again. Looked just like these pics from above:

Originally Posted by Schwann

I also had the cold thai noodle salad for my second meal (pictured above). Wife had the pulled pork and brie sandwich which was served warm on good bread and was quite tasty.

Originally Posted by xenole

Paneer
Service was good, definitely glad to be in Row 4 (in the mini cabin). An hour in the CX F lounge pre flight made the trip even better.
Schwann and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive

DUB-CLT

Beef was like shoe leather!!

PHL-LHR

I'm not sure why the NOPD Cherry picker is in the photos! I couldn’t work out how to delete it!
orbitmic, wrp96, ryanbriar and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
I'm not sure why the NOPD Cherry picker is in the photos! I couldn’t work out how to delete it!
Before I read this, I thought that it was to set the ambiance for picture of the Cajun Grilled Shrimp which followed.
sushanna1, catmndu, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by TWA884
Before I read this, I thought that it was to set the ambiance for picture of the Cajun Grilled Shrimp which followed.

Plenty of more Cajun photos from this trip! 😆
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.