Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
LHR-BOS #109

Posting my fiancées’ meal from earlier today. She didn’t take a picture of the menu or take it with her. (lesson learned for next time!) Unrelated - check-in to the Cathay F lounge was sub 30 minutes and the lounge was pretty quiet until 8:30ish when it became slammed.

PDBs were offered along with great / attentive service throughout the flight.

The semi-polarizing shrimp and avocado starter. We both agreed that it is a bit eclectic, but disagreed on whether we’d have it again.

Corn fed chicken. Note that it is bone-in. Dish was well received.

Pre-arrival pot pies.
corky and sof_lance like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ryanbriar

Corn fed chicken. Note that it is bone-in.
Looks like airline chicken breast.
enviroian and ryanbriar like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Per the link:

Originally, airline chicken breasts were served on airplanes because the meat could be consumed by simply holding onto the drumette and eating it that way…
We’re only left to wonder if the next enhancement is the removal of flatware.
Antarius and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
We’re only left to wonder if the next enhancement is the removal of flatware.
If you'd like to try it at home:

How to Cut an Airline Chicken Breast | Knife Skills
An airline chicken breast, also known as a Statler chicken breast or a chicken suprême, is a chicken breast with the first joint of the wing still attached. If I'm serving a whole chicken breast, I prefer airline breasts over regular boneless breasts, both for the presentation factor (that bone sticking out just looks so cool), and for the juicier meat it produces. Bones don't actually add flavor to meat, but they can moderate heat flow within the cooking breast, ensuring that the fattest part of the breast cooks more gently and evenly.

An airline chicken breast should work in any basic pan-seared chicken breast recipe. You just need to add a little bit of extra time to account for the extra mass when cooking it.

While most butchers should be able to prepare airline breasts for you, it's much more satisfying (not to mention cost-effective) to do it yourself. Start with a whole chicken and you'll end up with a couple of extra wings, a whole carcass, and two legs to use for future meals and stocks.

Here's how you do it.

ryanbriar likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Can't speak to any of these (my international travel is usually AA miles to book OW partners), but allow me to be the first to welcome you to FT
These are my pre-flight entree options in J this month FCO-JFK:

Lunch - MXP to JFK
  • Fried Paneer
    makhani sauce, dal tadka, basmati rice and paratha bread
  • Grilled Sea Bass
    mustard vinaigrette, warm potato salad, asparagus tips, vine tomatoes
  • Seared Corn-Fed Chicken
    red wine sauce, mac ´n cheese - Orecciette pasta, sauteed broccoli florets
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
    potato and celery gratin, caramelized carrots, roasted leek slices, truffle jus
Wonder what's the champagne this month?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
LHR-BOS: 10:15 AM
Lunch
777-200
Business Class (with rear-facing seat)

I had the prawns, mixed salad, chicken, sundae, and Mediterranean salad off the menu below (sorry for poor quality photo). Everything was surprisingly good. It was FAR better than the fare UA served me on the way over to London. Wine list was as posted above.

AA J lunch menu LHR-BOS
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by nologic
These are my pre-flight entree options in J this month FCO-JFK:

Lunch - MXP to JFK
  • Fried Paneer
  • Grilled Sea Bass
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
Wonder what's the champagne this month?
Can’t directly speak to the food options (all options will likely be solid), but the champagne should be Lanson.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ryanbriar;[url=tel:34503003
34503003]Can’t directly speak to the food options (all options will likely be solid), but the champagne should be Lanson.
Lanson Black Label Brut should be a significant step up over Gruet in price, minor step up in ratings.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Lanson Black Label Brut should be a significant step up over Gruet in price, minor step up in ratings.
I much prefer the taste of Lanson, but with wine in general it comes down to personal preference.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:00 pm

I much prefer the taste of Lanson, but with wine in general it comes down to personal preference.
Looks to me like the MSRP price differential is $19 vs $47... I know price doesn't always equate to quality, but this is a surprisingly large delta.

For what it's worth, Vivino rates the Gruet at a lowly 3.7...although the Lanson scores only slightly better at 3.9...

Still Vivino's ratings show that most people agree with you that the Lanson tastes "better".
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Definitely some odd choices and far from breakfast. I’d say double catered, and would probably roll with the crepe as well.
Interestingly enough, the crepe remained, but the second option was eggs with hashbrowns, bacon and mexican style beans and veggies.

First time in my experience that the pre-order listed option didn't exist at all.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:31 pm

Has anyone had the sirloin steak or the sea bass entrees?

Are these new?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:34 pm

Flying from LHR to JFK later this month. Anyone tried any of these? Trying to decide between the beef and fish.

Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Flying from LHR to JFK later this month. Anyone tried any of these? Trying to decide between the beef and fish.

This menu was posted a page or 2 up looking for comments I dont believe anyone has had anything from it yet but the chickpea stew sounds good to me and Fish seems to be the winner overall on AA of late.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Originally Posted by kdphelan
Anyone have experience with any of the following options and have recommendations?

Dinner - DFW to FCO
  • Roasted Chicken Breast
    cauliflower mash, pesto tossed broccolini, roasted cherry tomatoes, romesco sauce
  • Braised Short Rib
    wild porcini mushroom sauce, potato gratin, roasted sweet potato, asparagus
  • Seared Red Snapper
    white wine risotto, lemon beurre blanc, glazed sugar snaps, pepper medley
  • Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
    Spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta served with pomodoro sauce, basil pesto and pine nuts

Lunch - MXP to JFK
  • Fried Paneer
  • Grilled Sea Bass
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
I had the Braised Short Rib, maybe I was just hungry and tired but, I thought it was pretty good.

The Grilled Sirloin Steak was pretty awful. I had to get it down with wine with every bite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.