Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just checked preselect meals for 02/20 LAX to JFK in J FB, worked fine.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
AA 362: LAX-MIA: 10:05pm
Dinner
77W
First Class 2A (used BXP1 to get there)

Enjoyable flight and attentive service from the two flight attendants working the F cabin on this bird. One of them had 45 years under her belt working for 8 different airlines (four of them going bankrupt).

Menus and travel kits at the seat waiting for me. Dinner orders taken once we were in the air.

Fragrant olives and cold nuts. You see a second Woodford on the rocks as my new best friend accidentally attempted to serve Bourbon to someone who did not want ice. Bank error in my favor.

I ignored the mixed green salad. Carrot Timbale with grains a winner.

I always enjoy the Sea Bass on AA flights. Flight Attendant served the sauce on the side as she thought it was too salty.

I'm not a fan of the ice cream served on AA flights. This Gooey Butter Cake was warm and scrumptious, especially when paired with the Churchill's Port.

Nice job, American Airlines.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
Dinner
77W

Enjoyable flight and attentive service from the two flight attendants working the F cabin on this bird. One of them had 45 years under her belt working for 8 different airlines (four of them going bankrupt).

Menus and travel kits at the seat waiting for me. Dinner orders taken once we were in the air.

Fragrant olives and cold nuts. You see a second Woodford on the rocks as my new best friend accidentally attempted to serve Bourbon to someone who did not want ice. Bank error in my favor.

I ignored the mixed green salad. Carrot Timbale with grains a winner.

I always enjoy the Sea Bass on AA flights. Flight Attendant served the sauce on the side as she thought it was too salty.

I'm not a fan of the ice cream served on AA flights. This Gooey Butter Cake was warm and scrumptious, especially when paired with the Churchill's Port.

Nice pics.. Was there food in J by any chance do you know? Showing Refreshments in J for this flight next week. With FFD not open at LAX and not open until 6 hours after arrival its just not worth F right now on this flight. I am sure its a glitch but worries me it says Refreshments.

No soup course still? Just soup on international F now? I cant say if its on LAX/JFK b/c my 2 most recent to JFK left early so not a soup flight anyways.

Lastly, did they cater sundaes but you just chose not to have or they didnt have? NO sundaes or cheese plates at all for MIA-LAX last month on the flight I was on. FA said catering out of MIA has been disastorous.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Supply chain issues was the reason offered last year why pre-order was unavailable in MIA (on flights with the exact same menu and pre-order available on JFK-LAX/SFO).

-FlyerBeek
Just a totally disrespected route.. My 77W Flagship flight shows refreshments in J for next week.

Do you happen to know if a pre order Asian Veg for a 6am flight is the same as if it was a lunch/dinner flight?

Also anyone know if the Asian Veg meal is still pretty good how it was pre covid?? I dont want to get stuck with some horrible microwave frozen meal. I've seen them pre Covid and they really looked good- typically Indian and spicy which I love.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Dinner
77W

On a flight with a departure this late, how many people do you estimate partake in the meal service? How deep into the flight are you when it is served? I've never flown transcon before... I am curious.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Rebob
I was able to preselect meals for our 2/11 Flt 276 SFOJFK trip (flagship business) both ways and just checked that I could still make changes so hot meals appear to be available on the trans cons as others have indicated.
I contacted AA and they said they aren't offering preorder on JFK-LAX and SFO-JFK due to COVID-19 issues.
I guess there is something in the booking stopping it if others are able to select meals on those routes, or they are dropping it for March.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Nice pics.. Was there food in J by any chance do you know? Showing Refreshments in J for this flight next week. With FFD not open at LAX and not open until 6 hours after arrival its just not worth F right now on this flight. I am sure its a glitch but worries me it says Refreshments.

No soup course still? Just soup on international F now? I cant say if its on LAX/JFK b/c my 2 most recent to JFK left early so not a soup flight anyways.

Lastly, did they cater sundaes but you just chose not to have or they didnt have? NO sundaes or cheese plates at all for MIA-LAX last month on the flight I was on. FA said catering out of MIA has been disastorous.
I'm pretty sure J received meal service as Flight Attendant told me it's more work to perform the service now that American eliminated one FA position on the flight.

No soup course.

Sundaes available, I chose the Butter Cake.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by plinth857
On a flight with a departure this late, how many people do you estimate partake in the meal service? How deep into the flight are you when it is served? I've never flown transcon before... I am curious.
Normally I pay attention to how many have dinner, but this flight I failed to do that.

If I remember correctly, Flight Attendant removed my finished dinner tray around 11:45pm. I eat slowly.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Do you happen to know if a pre order Asian Veg for a 6am flight is the same as if it was a lunch/dinner flight?

Also anyone know if the Asian Veg meal is still pretty good how it was pre covid?? I dont want to get stuck with some horrible microwave frozen meal. I've seen them pre Covid and they really looked good- typically Indian and spicy which I love.
I cannot speak to the current special meals, but pre-pandemic the domestic Asian Vegetarian breakfast was definitely different than the lunch/dinner catering. It was actually comically poor (some yogurt, croissant, and a plate of unseasoned vegetables). I did, however, enjoy the Asian vegetarian lunch/dinner special meals before the pandemic.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: A few
I'm pretty sure J received meal service as Flight Attendant told me it's more work to perform the service now that American eliminated one FA position on the flight.

No soup course.

Sundaes available, I chose the Butter Cake.
So they used to have an extra FA dedicated to service, and not safety?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by plinth857
Maybe 1/3 from what I could see. Total meal service took an hour (time from wheels up to time trays were lifted) which left 3 for sleep
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
BOS-LAX AA 377 at 6 am

The service “adjustments” and catering / supply chain issues were on full display this morning.

I was the only revenue customer in F per the FA, and if was 1/10 until about an hour before the flight (the entire flight was booked 30% per the FAs, but we went out full, likely due to residual weather issues.) She apologized for the cabin being taken over my non-revs and economy passengers. She also had to tell the other FAs that I was a paying customer / EP as one of them was about to serve me cold coffee versus brewing a fresh pot. The lead F FA provided great service at least.

Today’s breakfast - single tray with the frittata on the side so that it didn’t get thrown out since I slept into meal service:

Three weeks ago - same flight:

The cheese boards were placed where the snack basket typically is. Per the FA, the baskets being catered are “pathetic” for first class, and our plane wasn’t catered with the starter juice or espresso etc.

We’ll see how tomorrow's flight to JFK pans out. Currently booked 4/10.
revorgap likes this.

Last edited by ryanbriar; Feb 6, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Disgraceful. Does AA sell that as three-cabin F?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Disgraceful. Does AA sell that as three-cabin F?
Yep they do. When the service / food is on point, it is actually quite nice (not LP etc. but it is not trying to be). But it is kind of absurd that some of the crew assumed that everyone in F was non-rev’ing / booked into coach and then set their standards accordingly.

Fortunately the FL had the omelette bar going.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Yep they do. When the service / food is on point, it is actually quite nice (not LP etc. but it is not trying to be). But it is kind of absurd that some of the crew assumed that everyone in F was non-rev’ing / booked into coach and then set their standards accordingly.

Fortunately the FL had the omelette bar going.
Pathetic. Non-revs need to be excluded from three-class F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.