Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
SeatGuru is the worst.

The reliable seat map site is AeroLOPA.

That being said, there are no cutouts in the bulkhead for row 6 in PE, however, there is plenty of legroom, more than in the other three rows.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:57 pm

Thanks all. You have been very helpful. I will stick with row 6. Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:27 pm

Transatlantic Internet

Flying JFK-CDG in flagship business this Saturday. On United, you can purchase your internet access in advance. How does AA work? Do I need any special apps downloaded ahead of time? I did not see an option to purchase on AA.com.

Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
About 3 million miles on various airlines under by belt, and I was just thinking that I really don't know the answer to this one.

AA Int'l Arrival to Domestic Connection. FL access . Where are the AA int'l arrivals and connecting security checkpoint? Precheck and Clear there? Where's the FL? What's the maximum time I'll need to plan to get from the FL to a domestic connection? Can I expect a wait for a shower at approximately 9AM?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:15 am

I'm flying FRA to DFW later this year with an infant in arms on the 787-9. I wanted to upgrade just one seat so that we could get a skycot/bassinet for the baby. Currently I'm in 14D. When I look at the map on AeroLOPA, there are baby icons for rows 9, 12 an 24. Unfortunately, I cannot select any seats in rows 9 or 12. Seats in row 24 are available, but it is an exit row. Am I OK in row 14 or if I want to attach the bassinet to the bulkhead, is sitting in the middle in row 24 my best bet?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MattInLAX
Flying JFK-CDG in flagship business this Saturday. On United, you can purchase your internet access in advance. How does AA work? Do I need any special apps downloaded ahead of time? I did not see an option to purchase on AA.com.

Thank you!
Once the wifi is active on the plane you just point your browser to aainflight.com on whatever device you want to connect with and go from there.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
About 3 million miles on various airlines under by belt, and I was just thinking that I really don't know the answer to this one.

AA Int'l Arrival to Domestic Connection. FL access . Where are the AA int'l arrivals and connecting security checkpoint? Precheck and Clear there? Where's the FL? What's the maximum time I'll need to plan to get from the FL to a domestic connection? Can I expect a wait for a shower at approximately 9AM?
It helps to know what airport you'll be connecting through
vasantn, SPN Lifer and TWA884 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It helps to know what airport you'll be connecting through
Duh! DFW.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Duh! DFW.
Then it's pretty easy, all international arrivals are in Terminal D, once you clear immigration/customs just take the escalators upstairs and there's a security checkpoint right there with Pre-check. Flagship Lounge near gate D22, not far from where you clear security. Shouldn't be much of a wait for showers in the morning.

And I'd probably leave the FL about 15-20 mins before scheduled boarding time of your connecting flight, less if you happen to be departing from D and don't need to take the Skylink.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA: EXP Delta: DM
Just to be clear…

Flying BA First Class LHR to ATH later today. I am AA EXP… wife has no status Headed out of T5.

Should be able to use BA Concorde room correct? And also use first class check in at the far end of T5 right?

Thanks all.. wonderful resource here!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Igene
Just to be clear…

Flying BA First Class LHR to ATH later today. I am AA EXP… wife has no status Headed out of T5.

Should be able to use BA Concorde room correct? And also use first class check in at the far end of T5 right?

Thanks all.. wonderful resource here!
Is this a stand-alone ticket, or part of a connection? BA does not offer a First Class cabin on tonight's LHR-ATH flights; just Business or Economy.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AA: EXP Delta: DM
Originally Posted by guv1976
Is this a stand-alone ticket, or part of a connection? BA does not offer a First Class cabin on tonight's LHR-ATH flights; just Business or Economy.
Apologies.. Club Europe (Bus)

Would EXP get us both in?

Yes, Stand-alone ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:08 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Igene
Apologies.. Club Europe (Bus()

Would EXP get us both in?

Yes, Stand-alone ticket.
EXP will let you both use T-5 first check in and first lounge.
Unfortunately, will NOT let you into Concord.
wanderingjock and Igene like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Hi, i;ve had a couple of 29min flight timing changes to my 8 sector rtn from Eu to USA, on 001 ticket. I've also had a number of 5-20 min changes too, and a flight number change, over about 3 emails in the past few weeks.

Is there a 'trigger' amount of change (60mins?) that will allow me to make a route modification? ie to go LHR-PHX-LAX instead of the currently scheduled LHR-BOS-LAX ? I have a sector before london and one after LAX.

I rang the call centre - but both times they hung up after looking at my reservation and putting me on hold. Thx

Last edited by wanderingjock; Sep 1, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:12 pm

I'm flying ATH>CHS via PHL on 9/11.

After a number of AA changes my connection in PHL is 11 minutes. I've tried being proactive but the only option AA gave me was going through JFK and with an overnight connection so not arriving in CHS until mid-morning 9/12. My plan is to get to PHL and try to get on a same day connecting flight via CLT or DCA.

My only worry is will I even be able to check in to this itinerary with a connection well under MCT? Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.