Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Yes. Recent discussion here:

Is there a Lifetime Gold (etc) ID card?
Thank you but I don't see any information that tells me where to find the card. All it says in that post is "you should be able to see it."

How do I see my loyalty card in the website, please.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
Thank you but I don't see any information that tells me where to find the card. All it says in that post is "you should be able to see it."

How do I see my loyalty card in the website, please.
You need to read the whole thread. Follow the instructions in Post #3 of the thread I linked:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34806388-post3.html
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by erdoran
OOps, thanks for the correction. I thought that was the case, but two AA reps have told me otherwise. Any thoughts about how to get a clear answer out of AA that they'll stick to, or will the miles just appear magically in my account?
Your typical AA phone rep is going to have no clue about what partners or flights will or won't earn loyalty points, don't even bother calling again, they're just giving you a bogus answer on the fly about something they know nothing about.

As guv mentioned if you book the AA flight numbers then you will earn full miles and loyalty points, full stop. Nothing to worry about getting further clarification on or anything like that.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AAL1
Can you bring guests into the Arrival Lounge at Heathrow? If so, how many? For context, arriving in Business and I am Plat Pro.

No guest policy is defined on AA's website: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp
No guests for the AA arrival lounges nor the BA arrival lounges.

Regards
AAL1 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
You need to read the whole thread. Follow the instructions in Post #3 of the thread I linked:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34806388-post3.html

Thank you. I found it in the app because of your help.
guv1976 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Many thanks JJeffrey!
Old Dec 12, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
apologies in advance for stupid question. trying to make a booking but cannot see miles will earn on review and pay page...want to see prospective miles before booking... am logged into my acct.
thanks!

real thing i want to know is for a flight with JAL metal booked on american does this get the revenue based mileage(based on status) or the mileage/class based for partner airlines??
thanks
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
apologies in advance for stupid question. trying to make a booking but cannot see miles will earn on review and pay page...want to see prospective miles before booking... am logged into my acct.
thanks!

real thing i want to know is for a flight with JAL metal booked on american does this get the revenue based mileage(based on status) or the mileage/class based for partner airlines??
thanks
Fyi, aa.com has a separate page for reach partner airline that details earnings. Here is the one for JAL - https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp - and it says miles/fare class:

Earn miles

You can earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Japan Airlines marketed and operated flights and Japan Airlines codeshare flights operated by Japan Airlines affiliate airlines J-Air or Japan Transocean Air, or other oneworld® carriers.
Here's how:
  • Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code
  • Fly an eligible route
The number of miles you earn depends on the flight distance and the fare class of your ticket.
When you earn eligible AAdvantage® miles for travel on Japan Airlines, you’ll also earn Loyalty Points that count toward qualifying for AAdvantage® status.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:12 pm

so if the flight is operated by JAL on an AA flight no -it is fare price based?
but on JAL on JAL flight no -it is class and distance based even if booked on AA.com?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
so if the flight is operated by JAL on an AA flight no -it is fare price based?
but on JAL on JAL flight no -it is class and distance based even if booked on AA.com?
Correct. The booking channel is irrelevant.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 7:18 pm

thanks-any answer as to why it wont come up on aa showing the loyalty points to be earned?
presume this also means that impossilbe to work out how many loyalty points will get as some of the tkt will be distance based and other rev based.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
No guests for the AA arrival lounges nor the BA arrival lounges.

Regards
Thank you so much for helping answer that!.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
DFW and MIA gate/terminal questions

Is there a way to see weeks or more in advance which gate a flight will be arriving to/departing from at DFW? Same question with MIA...

Do international flights at these two airports always arrive/depart from the same terminals at these airports? If so, which ones?

What about flights to and from CLT for each of these airports?

All of the flights I am wondering about will be AA flights. I recognize that gates can change as the day goes on but did not know whether the terminal would be likely or certain to be one or another.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Rossodio
Is there a way to see weeks or more in advance which gate a flight will be arriving to/departing from at DFW? Same question with MIA...
No. This can change at any time before you reach the gate - even while you're taxiing.

Do international flights at these two airports always arrive/depart from the same terminals at these airports? If so, which ones?
No. AA uses multiple terminals at both airports.

Same answers as above.

All of the flights I am wondering about will be AA flights. I recognize that gates can change as the day goes on but did not know whether the terminal would be likely or certain to be one or another.
AA uses four terminals at DFW and two in MIA. They're all connected airside, however. What problem are you actually trying to solve?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:12 pm

At DFW international flights come into terminal D. Usually flights to charlotte go out of A or C unless it is an eagle flight which go out of B. DFW is easy to get around with the SkyLink.

MIA I have come into different gates - not sure if there is a specific terminal as all American is in D. Coming into MIA internationally you can have a long walk and half the time the moving sidewalks don't work. Coming into DFW not usually as bad. Once you are through customs the skytrain can move you around to whatever gate fairly easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.