Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Biz LAX-MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Hey all, hope you had a great 4th! I booked an AA flagship biz ticket on aa1061 with service from MIA-Lax. However, when my email with the confirmation was sent, it said first (I). Would I still get access to the flagship lounge when I travel in Miami since I booked flagship biz. On the website it says flagship biz is on any marketed routes from Mia-lax. I specifically picked the one on the 772 for flagship. This would be after the lounge reopens in Miami.
thanks

It says dinner on the flight would be provided, can someone confirm this since it does leave at 9 and all the aa red eyes from lax-Mia at 9 don’t have dinner. I would assume so to familiarize yourself to local time

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 5, 2021 at 1:25 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts; please use edit function
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Hey all, hope you had a great 4th! I booked an AA flagship biz ticket on aa1061 with service from MIA-Lax. However, when my email with the confirmation was sent, it said first (I). Would I still get access to the flagship lounge when I travel in Miami since I booked flagship biz. On the website it says flagship biz is on any marketed routes from Mia-lax. I specifically picked the one on the 772 for flagship. This would be after the lounge reopens in Miami.
thanks
God only knows when the flagship lounge will open.
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by enviroian
AA really needs to drop the silly “Flagship”from their product marketing. There is nothing remotely “flagship” at all
So would this mean I wouldn’t get flagship amenities?

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
God only knows when the flagship lounge will open.
it’s opening in September in mia.
https://onemileatatime.com/news/amer...s_in_september

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 5, 2021 at 1:25 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts; please use edit function
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
So would this mean I wouldn’t get flagship amenities?
if you mean a blanket, pillow and headphones yes you’ll get that. Everything else is gone.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
if you mean a blanket, pillow and headphones yes you’ll get that. Everything else is gone.

​​​​​​They probably give amenity kits too. I flew LAX-MIA 6am departure in late May and was surprised they even provide amenity kits!
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Lounge

Originally Posted by 985X
​​​​​​They probably give amenity kits too. I flew LAX-MIA 6am departure in late May and was surprised they even provide amenity kits!
did they give you lounge access. I know they still give meals and amenity kits
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
I flew MIA to LAX a few weeks ago on the 77W and we had pillows, blankets, headphones, and the amenity kit. Meal was good as well.
fdog likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by atbPy
I flew MIA to LAX a few weeks ago on the 77W and we had pillows, blankets, headphones, and the amenity kit. Meal was good as well.
speaking of the amenity kit the one I had given to me last week said "DETROIT" on it. I'm not familiar with that brand.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
speaking of the amenity kit the one I had given to me last week said "DETROIT" on it. I'm not familiar with that brand.
The ones they had on this flight were APL. It was my first time getting one.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Lounge

lounge access?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Talking

lounge access?
You do have lounge access, assuming if the Flagship Lounge is not open by September and whatnot, you can access the Admiral Lounge.

Also, even though your flight says "First (I)" your ticket is still a Flagship Business class ticket, because 772 is a 2-cabin configuration, and I class = business. The 77W is a 3-cabin configuration. But you will have Flagship Lounge access regardless assuming they open (but you won't have Flagship First Dining).

If you make a dummy booking, select your exact flight AA1061, under trip summary, you will these:

"Room to work or relax
  • Lie-flat seat with direct aisle access
  • Flagship® Lounge and Admirals Club® access
  • Priority check-in, security and boarding
  • 2 free checked bags"
Hope that helps answering some of the questions.
seryoga likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
They've had amenity kits for a while. I got upgraded to J class on the 77W back in early December and the whole kit package was available.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:13 pm

thanks

It says dinner on the flight would be provided, can someone confirm this since it does leave at 9 and all the aa red eyes from lax-Mia at 9 don’t have dinner. I would assume so to familiarize yourself to local time
I was on that flight last night 925 pm flight and it had a mechanical issue. We did not leave till after 1140pm. Landed lax 140am. They did not have blanket and pillow. And said sorry your on your own. OK. What ever. Ugg...
they served dinner at 1am Miami time
I ate pasta, bread and tart
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:14 pm

last night on that flight no blanket check, no pillow xheck, and no headphone check. Although I brought my own bose
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
did they give you lounge access. I know they still give meals and amenity kits
oh that I don't know. I have alaska lounge membership so I can use AC regardless of which cabin I'm flying. Also that was a free upgrade for alaska mvp gold 75k, very nice of AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.