Flagship Biz LAX-MIA

Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by cmd320
Haha, not really sure why OP chose to cover the flight times and on-time percentage. We know itís AA1061 so from that the other two items are pretty easy to figure out.

AA2289 and AA1061 are my money makers. The 772/77Ws keep getting MX, I had last-minute swap to 789 twice back in March and messing up all the seat assignments. Luckily I noticed the equipment change and got my seat assignment, otherwise I would probably stay another night at MIA. Those two flights are always fully booked sometimes even oversold, and the minimum voucher for volunteers sometimes begins at $500. Not to mention I memorized those two flight numbers cuz they got delAAyed quite often and I received like $200 voucher in total from those flights (heck, I was only paying $31 one-way).
physicsdude likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by 985X

AA2289 and AA1061 are my money makers. The 772/77Ws keep getting MX, I had last-minute swap to 789 twice back in March and messing up all the seat assignments. Luckily I noticed the equipment change and got my seat assignment, otherwise I would probably stay another night at MIA. Those two flights are always fully booked sometimes even oversold, and the minimum voucher for volunteers sometimes begins at $500. Not to mention I memorized those two flight numbers cuz they got delAAyed quite often and I received like $200 voucher in total from those flights (heck, I was only paying $31 one-way).
sounds like people in a hurry should avoid aa1061.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
HNL-DFW flights have been getting the Flagship nomeclature lately on the booking page. Any elevated benefits? The past flights from last month didn’t have an amenity kit and I didn’t try getting in the lounge as I have other lounge access.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
HNL-DFW flights have been getting the Flagship nomeclature lately on the booking page. Any elevated benefits? The past flights from last month didn’t have an amenity kit and I didn’t try getting in the lounge as I have other lounge access.
No, not really. Definitely no lounge access and amenity kits are always hit-or-miss lately (but I haven't received any on my COVID-era DFW-Hawaii flights). Only the Flagship transcontinental flights receive AC access domestically, so even if they brand Hawaii as flagship (previously, it was called "Hawaiian Flagship Service" in a different era) - it still wouldn't rate lounge access.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
No, not really. Definitely no lounge access and amenity kits are always hit-or-miss lately (but I haven't received any on my COVID-era DFW-Hawaii flights). Only the Flagship transcontinental flights receive AC access domestically, so even if they brand Hawaii as flagship (previously, it was called "Hawaiian Flagship Service" in a different era) - it still wouldn't rate lounge access.

-FlyerBeek
AA has never wanted to provide amenity kits to Hawaii even before Covid.

However, DFW HNL/OGG do get enhanced meal service including 3 hot entree options (premium transcon gets 4 in both F and J) as well as the nicer Casper duvet and larger pillow.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Unless something has changed recently, the 772 flights do not receive lounge access, at least that's my understanding. Everything else onboard is the same as the 77W flights though the 772s aren't marketed as Flagship and are only sold as domestic first class despite their receiving the normal Flagship product on board.
I flew LAS-MIA on a 772 last week, and we didn't get pillows or blankets even in J. (Knowing this will be the case, of course I bring my own.) I have no idea if they offered any food because as soon as wheels go up I try to go to sleep. But on Flagship don't they at least give pillows and blankets?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by fly747first
AA has never wanted to provide amenity kits to Hawaii even before Covid.

However, DFW HNL/OGG do get enhanced meal service including 3 hot entree options (premium transcon gets 4 in both F and J) as well as the nicer Casper duvet and larger pillow.
Originally Posted by redtop43
But on Flagship don't they at least give pillows and blankets?

Correct regarding the amenity kits to Hawaii. Didn't mean to imply they were previously provided before COVID.

Regarding the duvet/pillow - provisioning is still very hit-or-miss on the DFW-Hawaii (and the domestic Flagship) flights based on my experience (and those of others reported here recently).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Just flew AA 1228 MIA-LAX a week ago. 773 in 12J

Full breakfast, big pillow & duvet, amenity kit & headphones.

Oddly, boarding group was 2.

All the best, James
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fdog

All the best, James
This is normal for J when F is available.
fdog likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
It looks like the single 772 service on MIA-LAX is now in fact being marketed as Flagship Business, this hadn't been the case a few months ago and at that time it was being sold as regular F.

Based on this, yes, the OP should have access to the FL if open, or the AC if not.
Really, didn't realize that. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Really, didn't realize that. Thanks.
Neither did I, looks like this must have changed recently. Only ~2 months ago the 772 services were still being sold as F rather than Flagship J.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Neither did I, looks like this must have changed recently. Only ~2 months ago the 772 services were still being sold as F rather than Flagship J.
But there is a new change now EXPs will board under group 1; PP group 2
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Switch

Just decided to switch to 77W on AA2289 in biz class. I assume that even though I switched from a 772 booking, I'll still get lounge access cause of 77w three cabin config, like it was pre-covid. Agent on the phone said I'd be indeed flagship biz for sure.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Originally Posted by fdog

All the best, James
sounds like food service is somewhat back to normal, how was the food?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Just decided to switch to 77W on AA2289 in biz class. I assume that even though I switched from a 772 booking, I'll still get lounge access cause of 77w three cabin config, like it was pre-covid. Agent on the phone said I'd be indeed flagship biz for sure.
Yes, you'll have lounge access based on being in 77W J. Your original booking doesn't matter, just what boarding pass you're holding on day of travel.

-FlyerBeek

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.