Flagship Biz LAX-MIA

Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
oh that I don't know. I have alaska lounge membership so I can use AC regardless of which cabin I'm flying. Also that was a free upgrade for alaska mvp gold 75k, very nice of AA

This was the only amenity kit i got last night on 1061 from mia to lax. What a lame
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Thx

Originally Posted by flyer89
You do have lounge access, assuming if the Flagship Lounge is not open by September and whatnot, you can access the Admiral Lounge.

Also, even though your flight says "First (I)" your ticket is still a Flagship Business class ticket, because 772 is a 2-cabin configuration, and I class = business. The 77W is a 3-cabin configuration. But you will have Flagship Lounge access regardless assuming they open (but you won't have Flagship First Dining).

If you make a dummy booking, select your exact flight AA1061, under trip summary, you will these:

"Room to work or relax
  • Lie-flat seat with direct aisle access
  • Flagship® Lounge and Admirals Club® access
  • Priority check-in, security and boarding
  • 2 free checked bags"
Hope that helps answering some of the questions.
thank you so much!
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by dallaspopo

This was the only amenity kit i got last night on 1061 from mia to lax. What a lame

This is the one I got back in May flying 6am LAX-MIA AA529. I never opened it so I don't know what it looks like, but I assume it should be better than those on OS "amenity kit":
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lmowery...h=1ce9a0fe19cb

p.s., your user ID is very sus, it's quite rare someone who is a popo but also frequent flyer. Do you happen to be some moderator from some less-friendly-than-FT-forum?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:12 pm

This is the one I got back in May flying 6am LAX-MIA AA529. I never opened it so I don't know what it looks like, but I assume it should be better than those on OS "amenity kit":

p.s., your user ID is very sus, it's quite rare someone who is a popo but also frequent flyer. Do you happen to be some moderator from some less-friendly-than-FT-forum?
I like traveling and that is my hobby and also helps clear my head too.. from the job,, and yes I'm who I'm.
985X likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Unless something has changed recently, the 772 flights do not receive lounge access, at least that's my understanding. Everything else onboard is the same as the 77W flights though the 772s aren't marketed as Flagship and are only sold as domestic first class despite their receiving the normal Flagship product on board.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Unless something has changed recently, the 772 flights do not receive lounge access, at least that's my understanding. Everything else onboard is the same as the 77W flights though the 772s aren't marketed as Flagship and are only sold as domestic first class despite their receiving the normal Flagship product on board.
I think they should have flagship lounge access too. I know that on a321t transcontinental flights business class has access to the lounge. But then again saying that once lounges open I'm betting it gets crowded. Also when you book on the website it will say Flagship first or business. That makes it clear that person should have access to it. I could be wrong though
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I like traveling and that is my hobby and also helps clear my head too.. from the job,, and yes I'm who I'm.

I'm doing a couple LAX-AUS-DFW-LAX same day runs for around $150 each over the next few Saturdays, nothing else, not even MR, just flying for fun. In fact it's only bookable on studentuniverse since every layover is less than 4hrs, and when I add the trip to the app, the itinerary shows LAX->LAX! And just fyi I'm always down for lounge meetup
dallaspopo likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they should have flagship lounge access too. I know that on a321t transcontinental flights business class has access to the lounge. But then again saying that once lounges open I'm betting it gets crowded. Also when you book on the website it will say Flagship first or business. That makes it clear that person should have access to it. I could be wrong though
It looks like the single 772 service on MIA-LAX is now in fact being marketed as Flagship Business, this hadn't been the case a few months ago and at that time it was being sold as regular F.

Based on this, yes, the OP should have access to the FL if open, or the AC if not.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by cmd320
It looks like the single 772 service on MIA-LAX is now in fact being marketed as Flagship Business, this hadn't been the case a few months ago and at that time it was being sold as regular F.

Based on this, yes, the OP should have access to the FL if open, or the AC if not.
yeah here are pictures that I booked biz on the 772 from the same day. It no longer says that 77w only get acces from lax-Mia, but all planes that sell flagship like the 772 and 77w. I know for a fact I booked flagship biz as it said when I booked it and I think that means I should get lounge access because it said I get a lie flat seat and flagship lounge access

Last edited by TheHighFlyer123; Jul 5, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, looks like you're in luck. Enjoy!
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
yeah here are pictures that I booked biz on the 772 from the same day. It no longer says that 77w only get acces from lax-Mia, but all planes that sell flagship like the 772 and 77w. I know for a fact I booked flagship biz as it said when I booked it and I think that means I should get lounge access because it said I get a lie flat seat and flagship lounge access

I saw that you covered on time%. I hope you have better luck than I, and actually get the full service.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw that you covered on time%. I hope you have better luck than I, and actually get the full service.
Haha, not really sure why OP chose to cover the flight times and on-time percentage. We know it’s AA1061 so from that the other two items are pretty easy to figure out.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123

That’s excellent! I’m LAX-MIA on J on flight 2286 7/28.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

The white Slate amenity kit is supposed to be for international Premium Economy. AA's contracted catering crews often screw up and provide the wrong items... MIA LAX MIA sometimes get the smaller PE blanket and pillow in both F and J because the catering crews can't be bothered to check their work.
cmd320, 985X and physicsdude like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
The white Slate amenity kit is supposed to be for international Premium Economy. AA's contracted catering crews often screw up and provide the wrong items... MIA LAX MIA sometimes get the smaller PE blanket and pillow in both F and J because the catering crews can't be bothered to check their work.
Yesterday I was flying DFW-LAX on a 789. THEY DIDN'T HAVE APPLE JUICE! I like apple juice and it pisses me off.. On a side note, when I fly AS, their drink menu only lists orange juice, occasionally the catering loads the drink cart with apple juice too when they don't have enough orange juice, it's like a hit or miss. Oh and I stole the last issue of American Way from my seat for collection purpose too!
dvs7310 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.