Flagship Biz LAX-MIA

Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:35 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: AA Plat Pro
Posts: 962
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I took the 10:16 about 3 weeks ago in J class and it was dinner. They brought out the appetizer / main course in one run and did dessert for anyone who wanted it on the second pass. I actually preferred this rather than the drawn-out three course service as many people were looking to eat and go to sleep. We had some good tail winds and flight time was booked at under 4 hours. So, by the time you had eaten, you had only about 3 hours of sleepy time which isn't a lot.

As to FL access, FL access is granted only if the flight is marketed as a Flagship flight (i.e., a 77W).
Just to clear it up a little: 772 flights also grant FL access, just not FFD because a 772 has no FC. Hence the 77W language on aa.com but it solely refers to FFD needing 77W.
Bradhattan is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:39 pm
  #62  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
Posts: 103
I flew yesterday LAX - MIA about 3:00pm. No issues whatsoever with LAX FL and the setup was pretty nice. I saw that showers are back in business, too
GWagonFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:16 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Posts: 7,979
Originally Posted by GWagonFlyer
I flew yesterday LAX - MIA about 3:00pm. No issues whatsoever with LAX FL and the setup was pretty nice. I saw that showers are back in business, too
Good to see its back. Flying out there in two weeks and looking forward to it.
IADCAflyer is online now  
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:36 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,372
Originally Posted by GWagonFlyer
I flew yesterday LAX - MIA about 3:00pm. No issues whatsoever with LAX FL and the setup was pretty nice. I saw that showers are back in business, too
You didn’t happen to ask if the showers in the ACs are operational, did you?

Have a redeye arriving Wednesday morning, and would be a godsend.
DMPHL is offline  
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:36 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by flyer89
You do have lounge access, assuming if the Flagship Lounge is not open by September and whatnot, you can access the Admiral Lounge.

Also, even though your flight says "First (I)" your ticket is still a Flagship Business class ticket, because 772 is a 2-cabin configuration, and I class = business. The 77W is a 3-cabin configuration. But you will have Flagship Lounge access regardless assuming they open (but you won't have Flagship First Dining).

If you make a dummy booking, select your exact flight AA1061, under trip summary, you will these:

"Room to work or relax
  • Lie-flat seat with direct aisle access
  • Flagship® Lounge and Admirals Club® access
  • Priority check-in, security and boarding
  • 2 free checked bags"
Hope that helps answering some of the questions.
So my LAX-MIA flight is actually out of Bradley tonight at LAX. Flying Business on a 3-class 77W. We are oneworld Sapphire as well. Do you know if we would get access to the oneworld lounge at Bradley? No one at AA can seem to answer this question..
joco77103 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:55 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 217
Was this always like this:



When you search LAX-MIA using miles, they only use the Flagship label for First and instead use a "Lie-Flat" label for Business. Makes me suspicious if they ever want to be sneaky about Flagship lounge access since the access rules say "Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship".

Last edited by jamabam; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:57 am Reason: fixed image
jamabam is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:02 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles& Telluride
Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Posts: 731
Flying from Mia-LAX for a quick meeting on 2/19. Going out on coach coming back in Business class. Same day trip. Last time I did this I was directed to flagship lounge at LAX and in MIA. With a split ticket like this, anyone know what the policy is? I'll be doing this trip all in one day. Thx for your feedback.
tomj888 is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:34 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Posts: 1,312
Originally Posted by jamabam
Was this always like this:



When you search LAX-MIA using miles, they only use the Flagship label for First and instead use a "Lie-Flat" label for Business. Makes me suspicious if they ever want to be sneaky about Flagship lounge access since the access rules say "Flights with seats ticketed as Flagship".
I've seen this on other premium transcon flights. I dont think AA wants to pull a fast one; ive always assumed it to be some weird A/B test if people respond more to "lie-flat" or "flagship"
jamabam likes this.
lrdpenn is offline  
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:28 am
  #69  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
Posts: 103
I did ask and they told me the showers are open
cmd320 likes this.
GWagonFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:44 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: AAdvantage
Posts: 1,008
Originally Posted by DMPHL
You didn’t happen to ask if the showers in the ACs are operational, did you?

Have a redeye arriving Wednesday morning, and would be a godsend.
At least at MIA the FL showers are in service. The AC no and the last time a checked 2 weeks ago no date known. I also checked at DFW (AC) and was told as soon as they could get the shower supply vendor back on line showers would be back-take that for what it's worth.
EXP100 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:09 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 217
I'm looking at LAX-MIA flights out in August 2022 and it's a mixed bag of aircrafts 321, 772, 77W. I know it's too far into the future for the cargo schedules, but the 772 and 77W flights are being marketed as "Flagship" tickets on aa.com. Does anyone know (1) is it likely these will stick to widebody given they are selling seats with the Flagship designator, and (2) if an equipment change does happen, what comes about the fact that the purchase was listed as Flagship Business with lie flat?
jamabam is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:27 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: So Cal
Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Posts: 2,920
Originally Posted by jamabam
I'm looking at LAX-MIA flights out in August 2022 and it's a mixed bag of aircrafts 321, 772, 77W. I know it's too far into the future for the cargo schedules, but the 772 and 77W flights are being marketed as "Flagship" tickets on aa.com. Does anyone know (1) is it likely these will stick to widebody given they are selling seats with the Flagship designator, and (2) if an equipment change does happen, what comes about the fact that the purchase was listed as Flagship Business with lie flat?
Great question.. And this route is such the mixed bag of aircraft & service. During the pandemic there were A321's listed as Flagship and some not. Not sure what the difference truly was then b/c for a time no lougnes were open, food service wasnt back up so it dindt matter per say. I havent seen an A321 marketed as Flagship in quite some time. though, but still the selling price is high and sometimes equal to J on the 77W.

I'd be so curious to if you can get a full refund if they swap not just aircraft but the service that is altered due to losing Flagship. The thing is though with No change fees you can just roll your booking into wherever the 777 is that day and I do believe that yes there will be at least 1 as for 5 years now I believe there always has been one. It does fluctuate but #340 from LA and 2289, same flight number both ways, always seem to be a widebody from experience. For the longest time out of LA that 1230/1pm was the 77W. Now its the red eye. I believe there will be at least 1 and you will be okay but hopefully the switch from your 777 (if it becomes an A321) to the new 777 isnt more money.
jamabam likes this.
happiest_at_40000 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:28 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 267
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask/mention this, but the AA website for flagship business transcon mentions:
  • LAX – Miami (MIA) – traveling on widebody and A321T aircraft only
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ontinental.jsp

Is the reference to the A321T new? Internet archive only has last October, when it didn’t mention the A321T. Not sure if it’s a mistake or if they’re planning on deploying the A321T there. Unless they get more (which seems unlikely), I guess they could move the planes doing BOS-LAX to MIA-LAX and then have every frequency be a Flagship route.
LlamaJesus is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:52 am
  #74  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Posts: 1,009
Originally Posted by LlamaJesus
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask/mention this, but the AA website for flagship business transcon mentions:
  • LAX – Miami (MIA) – traveling on widebody and A321T aircraft only
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ontinental.jsp

Is the reference to the A321T new? Internet archive only has last October, when it didn’t mention the A321T. Not sure if it’s a mistake or if they’re planning on deploying the A321T there. Unless they get more (which seems unlikely), I guess they could move the planes doing BOS-LAX to MIA-LAX and then have every frequency be a Flagship route.
See this post over at OMAAT from late 2019 on a temporary sub that AA did, moving JFK/SFO frequencies to LAX/MIA with the A321T airframe.

https://onemileatatime.com/ameircan-a321t-mia-lax/

Seems it was a short-lived sub to better utilize the premium heavy A321T on that LAX/MIA route when other A321T routes were not doing as much business.

I don't think AA will be doing this swap again soon, seems they have found that the JFK/SNA route + LAX/BOS route seem to get good utilization out of any "extra" A321T frames they have.

It certainly would be nice to have more than the 77W red-eye (AA#340) for 3-class flagship service to MIA out of LAX. Even for July 22, the only other east-bound "flagship" is a 788 to MIA w/ an afternoon departure that gets to MIA well into the evening hours... I guess to connect and position the aircraft for late night departures to SA?
jtav559 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:21 am
  #75  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Posts: 7,979
Again, we're into a seasonal demand issue. People got used to all widebody LAX-MIA service because at the time (2 years ago) there was zero demand for widebody service to anywhere except the largest cities in Europe thanks to 'rona. That is no longer the case. There is ample demand for TA widebody service (both above and below the cabin deck).
IADCAflyer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.