Flagship Biz LAX-MIA

Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Hey all, hope you had a great 4th! I booked an AA flagship biz ticket on aa1061 with service from MIA-Lax. However, when my email with the confirmation was sent, it said first (I). Would I still get access to the flagship lounge when I travel in Miami since I booked flagship biz. On the website it says flagship biz is on any marketed routes from Mia-lax. I specifically picked the one on the 772 for flagship. This would be after the lounge reopens in Miami.
thanks

It says dinner on the flight would be provided, can someone confirm this since it does leave at 9 and all the aa red eyes from lax-Mia at 9 dont have dinner. I would assume so to familiarize yourself to local time

I've flown redeyes LAX-JFK in J/F on the 777 and have gotten meals. Can't imagine LAX-MIA not getting meals on flights departing at 9pm.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
I've flown redeyes LAX-JFK in J/F on the 777 and have gotten meals. Can't imagine LAX-MIA not getting meals on flights departing at 9pm.
Yes, all the MIA-LAX-MIA 777 flights receive a full meal service.
vasantn likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by cmd320
Yes, all the MIA-LAX-MIA 777 flights receive a full meal service.
Are you sure about this? My flight now says business gets refreshments but first gets a full meal. Coach also gets refreshments.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Are you sure about this? My flight now says business gets refreshments but first gets a full meal. Coach also gets refreshments.
Thats quite odd and most likely a website glitch. J has always gotten a full meal service on this flight.
united 1k flyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, AMEX Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
If I changed from a flight that was for some reason labeled as first (tho it booked as flagship biz), if I switched to another flight to flagship biz but this time it said business, does that mean I'll get flagship lounge access?

Last edited by TheHighFlyer123; Aug 8, 2021 at 10:16 pm Reason: thing
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If I changed from a flight that was for some reason labeled as first (tho it booked as flagship biz), if I switched to another flight to flagship biz but this time it said business, does that mean I'll get flagship lounge access?
The system can get confused on LAX/MIA. On two class aircraft, the front cabin is technically Business, but domestically is called First Class. On three cabin aircraft the first class seats can either be sold as a separate cabin or simply as additional business class seats. (I believe all 773 on the LAX/MIA route sell F cabin as F)

Did you rebook onto a nonstop or are you connecting?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
It depends. For MIA-LAX-MIA, you'll only have lounge access (currently just Admirals Club access, although some FLs should be reopening later this year) if you're on a 777 configured aircraft in J/F. For example, if you switched from a 777 to a 737/321 on this route then you won't currently receive lounge access. AA.com has been inaccurate lately with its "Flagship" labeling. There was a time last week where AA.com was labeling some 737/321 flights on this route as "Flagship First" - but that was an error.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The system can get confused on LAX/MIA. On two class aircraft, the front cabin is technically Business, but domestically is called First Class. On three cabin aircraft the first class seats can either be sold as a separate cabin or simply as additional business class seats. (I believe all 773 on the LAX/MIA route sell F cabin as F)

Did you rebook onto a nonstop or are you connecting?
so it was a nonstop on the 772, and since the system was labeling it as first, I switched to an earlier 77W flight, and then I changed onto a later 77w flight that was added
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
It depends. For MIA-LAX-MIA, you'll only have lounge access (currently just Admirals Club access, although some FLs should be reopening later this year) if you're on a 777 configured aircraft in J/F. For example, if you switched from a 777 to a 737/321 on this route then you won't currently receive lounge access. AA.com has been inaccurate lately with its "Flagship" labeling. There was a time last week where AA.com was labeling some 737/321 flights on this route as "Flagship First" - but that was an error.

-FlyerBeek
so I equipment changed from 772 to 77w to 77w to 77w to 77w (no typo) and right now it says Im in business on the flagship plane, which would mean I get fl access even though I equipment changed because I am in business on the 3-cabin plane, right?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
so I equipment changed from 772 to 77w to 77w to 77w to 77w (no typo) and right now it says I’m in business on the flagship plane, which would mean I get fl access even though I equipment changed because I am in business on the 3-cabin plane, right?
Correct. You're good if on a 777 of any type. Generally speaking, if it says "business" you *should* be fine as that's really only used for the 777s on this route despite all the AA.com inaccuracies. As a reminder, the flagship lounges are not slated to reopen until later this year (MIA is the first scheduled to reopen sometime in September). In the meantime, you'll have Admirals Club access.

-FlyerBeek
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Correct. You're good if on a 777 of any type. Generally speaking, if it says "business" you *should* be fine as that's really only used for the 777s on this route despite all the AA.com inaccuracies. As a reminder, the flagship lounges are not slated to reopen until later this year (MIA is the first scheduled to reopen sometime in September). In the meantime, you'll have Admirals Club access.

-FlyerBeek
it switched from dinner to refreshments to dinner to refreshments in flagship biz. Pretty sure that flagship biz and flagship first get the same food still, so I would assume I get food. All flights now are still getting food. Even the later flight gets food for a few more months. Im just gonna assume that I get food since it doesnt let me pre order meals on dummy bookings where meals are guaranteed. Yeah flagship biz will always get meals. I think its just glitches through the system cause even some a321 flights in first get snack/brunch. Weird its only happened to late flights
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:41 am

Pretty sure that flagship biz and flagship first get the same food still, so I would assume I get food. All flights now are still getting food. Even the later flight gets food for a few more months. I’m just gonna assume that I get food since it doesn’t let me pre order meals on dummy bookings where meals are guaranteed...
Yep, Flagship Business and Flagship First on this route receive the exact same meals (wine list might differ, but that's really the only catering difference). Don't be concerned about being unable to pre-order on this route - it's been that way during the pandemic.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Seems like all 777 flights MIA-LAX are now Flagship. Makes total sense.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Just checking in with anyone who has done the red eye lately - J is showing Refreshments still for a flight next week while F is getting dinner. Thats the 10:16pm 77W. On the 11:55pm red eye, which usually was the 7W but now is the 772, it is also showing refreshments. I am 98% sure both red eyes will have dinner in J but why cant AA get this figured out and have it be correct. I guess this goes to just the horrible catering issues on this particular route..

Also, if the 777 of any kind (772 or 77W) gets FL access why does the web site still say "must be a 77W" when describing what qualifies for lounge access on this route? I've been taking 77W's to avoid any issues although I did get in at MIA on a 772. But AA should just say 777 period not 77W.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I took the 10:16 about 3 weeks ago in J class and it was dinner. They brought out the appetizer / main course in one run and did dessert for anyone who wanted it on the second pass. I actually preferred this rather than the drawn-out three course service as many people were looking to eat and go to sleep. We had some good tail winds and flight time was booked at under 4 hours. So, by the time you had eaten, you had only about 3 hours of sleepy time which isn't a lot.

As to FL access, FL access is granted only if the flight is marketed as a Flagship flight (i.e., a 77W).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.