Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI - August schedules updated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:42 am

While the discussion on rebooking to the DFW-FCO flight was going on, PE availability went away entirely. I was reluctant to take such a crazy routing anyway. There is SAAver PE availability for our original date BOS-LHR-FCO, with the first segment on AA so not such terrible extra fees if they were to ask for it. I tend to feel that it's asking for trouble to connect through LHR; I don't know how it will be in September, but I think Italy is asking for a 5-day quarantine for arrivals from the UK; don't know if it will include connecting pax. I understand that otherwise it no longer matters whether our flight is designated COVID-tested.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EP
Pounding sand because you want to change dates by a few months?

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I'd like to move it by a couple of months. I'm going to try and call, but I think I'll be told to pound sand.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Pounding sand because you want to change dates by a few months?
On a Web Special.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Don’t fly the A319. Your chances of an upgrade are slim to none there are only 8 seats in first class. Even an erj with 9 seats is better. A319 is bottom barrel.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Don’t fly the A319. Your chances of an upgrade are slim to none there are only 8 seats in first class. Even an erj with 9 seats is better. A319 is bottom barrel.
Do I know you?

Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by corky
Well that's weird. I have a flight from LHR-LAX on Sept 15 that was originally supposed to leave at 5:15pm and get in at 7:20. 10 hr & 5 minutes. With the change it is now leaving at 5:05 and arriving at 8:15pm and it shows 11 hours & 10 minutes. How can it be leaving 10 minutes earlier and arriving 55 minutes later?
I was wandering the same. Also because the BA flight around the same time has still the 10 hr flight time 🤷‍♂️
corky likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
With the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend, does anyone know when the next schedule change will occur? I noticed with the last one that despite this thread being labeled August, September was also modified (at least internationally).
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shinji4u
I was wandering the same. Also because the BA flight around the same time has still the 10 hr flight time 🤷‍♂️
Mine shows a different flight time. It went from 10 hours and 5 minutes to 11 hours & 10 minutes.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:27 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
With the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend, does anyone know when the next schedule change will occur? I noticed with the last one that despite this thread being labeled August, September was also modified (at least internationally).
IMO, it's done around the middle of the month on a Saturday overnight/Sunday morning Eastern/Central.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
DCA-LAX RT, mid-Sep

Non-stop each way; Sunday out, Thursday return; changed to 737 MAX 8 and dumped us in the last row of F (row 4). At least the time changes were favorable--90 minutes later for the early morning outbound and only 20 minutes earlier for the mid-day return.

The MAX 8 doesn't bother me much, but my wife isn't likely to be thrilled... Not interested in taking connections and guessing we'd as likely wind up on a MAX 8 even if we did (plenty of time for more schedule changes). We don't like the seats on these things, either (anywhere on them).

Any recommendations for a compact cushion to make 6 hours in that seat tolerable?

cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.