Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
FYI - August schedules updated

August schedules updated earlier this morning
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:55 am

The first week of September updated as well. My flights on 9/1 and 9/7 just changed (from mainline to Eagle, blah, though was sort of expected).
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: None
I believe there were cuts through October 6. PHX-BUR for example reduced from 5x A319s to 2x 738s, 1x A320, 1x CR9.
aj411 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:23 am

In early September, our BOS-JFK-FCO booking was changed to BOS-PHL-FCO a daly later. If COVID-tested flights are still the rule, the PHL flight hasn't been published as such. To stay on the original date, the only option seems to be via DFW, which doesn't have the Premium Economy that we booked. With the new booking, at least we want more than the hour to connect that they gave us. It seems that going via JFK is possible if we need to have the day delay. Can we expect that at least as we complete the weekend there can be more schedule changes and we can have better options?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I got messed over a bit, unsurprisingly. My B787 redeye in September changed to an A321. And my FF JFK-LAX in late Septmber was changed from 3:30PM to 5PM, so that I would no longer make the last connection to LAS. Therefore they moved me to the next earlier flight, which is at 12:30, to make the last available connection. Leaving 3 hours earlier so that I can have a 4 1/2 hour layover is not by idea of a good time.

Even though I arrive LAX at 3:30PM, they did not change my connection from 8:15 to an earlier 6:15. Strangely, the fares on the 6:15 LAX-LAS are $2,569 in coach and $1,431 in First. Go figure!

Last edited by redtop43; Jun 13, 2021 at 1:26 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rove312
In early September, our BOS-JFK-FCO booking was changed to BOS-PHL-FCO a daly later. If COVID-tested flights are still the rule, the PHL flight hasn't been published as such. To stay on the original date, the only option seems to be via DFW, which doesn't have the Premium Economy that we booked. With the new booking, at least we want more than the hour to connect that they gave us. It seems that going via JFK is possible if we need to have the day delay. Can we expect that at least as we complete the weekend there can be more schedule changes and we can have better options?
I think whatever changes for this batch of updates has been completed. Based on my observations last couple of months (and as many have suspected), updates occurs sometime after Sunday midnight Eastern and finishes in a couple of hours. Not sure if there will be more updates to September flights within the next two months but I wouldn't expect any more updates this weekend..
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Ick. I see my SEA-DFW morning flight in October has been moved up by over 2 1/2 hours which means my separate connection on another ticket/airline isn't safe - the first flight of the day from PDX lands in SEA just as this new AA flight begins boarding. My connection to LHR has also been moved up but that isn't a problem for my BA connection. I wonder if I can talk them into letting me leave right from PDX or still leave from SEA at around my previously scheduled time but terminate in LHR (I'm okay with missing my connection) without repricing. I'll give them a call to put myself in the callback queue.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:39 pm

Regarding AA schedule updates -- I was looking at some AA flights yesterday from Austin to Barcelona for mid-September. My daughter and her husband booked them yesterday, and my wife and I were going to book the same flights today. But we can't find those flights anywhere (AA, Kayak, Expedia, etc.). It's as if they no longer exist. Can/should I assume those flights were eliminated as part of the schedule update? Or might they return in the next day or so?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcatx
Regarding AA schedule updates -- I was looking at some AA flights yesterday from Austin to Barcelona for mid-September. My daughter and her husband booked them yesterday, and my wife and I were going to book the same flights today. But we can't find those flights anywhere (AA, Kayak, Expedia, etc.). It's as if they no longer exist. Can/should I assume those flights were eliminated as part of the schedule update? Or might they return in the next day or so?
You should have your daughter check her booking.

While unlikely, if her schedule didnt change that means the flight is full thus not showing up for you.
jcatx likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jcatx
A whole bunch of transatlantic routes that were supposed to start in August have been pushed to an October start (or, for some, 2022), so those flights have likely been taken off the schedule.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:46 pm

My 9pm JFK>LAX September award flight was canceled and rebooked earlier. I was anticipating and counting on this so my party could have access to meal service instead of a snack in F. This same change happened to me in September 2018 also due to low demand.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
Originally Posted by Ishrion
I believe there were cuts through October 6. PHX-BUR for example reduced from 5x A319s to 2x 738s, 1x A320, 1x CR9.
Our SEA-PHL fight at end of September has been changed to depart 3 hours earlier. This will necessitate a hotel stay in SEA the night before the flight.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Return award flight (LHR-PHL) got moved by a few hours. No issue with this change and the change shows up online. I assume I don’t need to do anything else like get tix reissued?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Return award flight (LHR-PHL) got moved by a few hours. No issue with this change and the change shows up online. I assume I dont need to do anything else like get tix reissued?
Did flight number change? If not, then chances are no reissue need.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
my last half sept JFK-LAX was cancelled (thankfully) so now i am LHR-JFK-SFO instead of LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO but surprised it happened so early.
seawolf, renila and wrp96 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.