Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI - August schedules updated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thank you seawolf for this notification. I have 3 major changes out of 5 upcoming flights. And my seats were way messed up. A party of two seated together originally are now in separate rows. Had to make a few adjustments.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:29 am

Had JFK-FCO on hold Saturday night, planning on purchasing Sunday morning. Woke up and found my schedule had completely changed. 10/6 departure was moved to 10/8 and lost J seats. Also, 10/15 return was now through DFW and also lost J seats. Called and was offered coach on the new days and routing... obviously, I canceled.

Noticed most flights to Europe on any days in Oct now forced routing through LHR and prices have skyrocketed. Any thoughts if this is temporary?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:10 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
Noticed most flights to Europe on any days in Oct now forced routing through LHR and prices have skyrocketed. Any thoughts if this is temporary?
Temporary as in, those flights are scheduled to come back at some point, but have now had restart dates pushed to either late October, or for some, 2022.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Temporary as in, those flights are scheduled to come back at some point, but have now had restart dates pushed to either late October, or for some, 2022.
JFK-FCO is operating daily starting in July, but they reduced it to less than daily service starting on Sept. 8th which is what caught previous poster. Service on the route extends through Oct. 22nd. They likely have reduced bucket inventory on certain flights as they reaccomodate impacted passengers, but there will likely be more inventory available as people shift or cancel flights due to changes.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Still some churn this morning. I had a late August itinerary that included SNA-JFK-BOS-XXX (yes, an “extra” segment), I checked last night and they changed it to SNA-JFK-XXX. I tried searches to see if I could recreate the original itinerary and I was unable to find any JFK-BOS/BOS-JFK nonstop flights for any of the dates I searched in late August! I assume that means they aren’t done loading the schedule, and not that they actually dropped the route!

I am also unable to mail myself the new itinerary, so it looks like maybe the changes to my flight aren’t done yet.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:05 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hbtr
I tried searches to see if I could recreate the original itinerary and I was unable to find any JFK-BOS/BOS-JFK nonstop flights for any of the dates I searched in late August! I assume that means they aren’t done loading the schedule, and not that they actually dropped the route!
JFK-BOS is not currently running on AA metal and it looks like the restart date on AA metal has been pushed back to 10/7. AA is putting its code on B6's flights, however.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Ugh, this totally messed my August travel up.

Bos - Mia was a pleasant 11:13 departure. AA rescheduled me onto a 1:50 pm which gets us into Miami too late. Only earlier AA flight was 6:00 am, so I canceled and rebooked (at a higher fare and with baggage fees) on B6 (no codeshare). I did get a refund on the cash portion of this; the voucher portion was "refunded" as Flight Credits across my group .

Mia - Bos was originally a 4:00 pm departure. AA moved us up to a 2 pm; only later AA flight is 7:30 pm or so, so we're sticking with the 2 pm.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
My 640pm SEA-LHR AA flight in early September has been moved to 705pm. Not a major change, the ticket itself was SFO-SEA(AS) SEA-LHR(AA) LHR-LIS(BA), but AA agent said I can't change it to SFO-JFK-LHR(AA) then LHR-LIS(BA) because the mvp75k upgrade only applies to certain routes.. not surprisingly, LAX-LHR remain 1X daily on AA metal after the schedule change.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bosman
Mia - Bos was originally a 4:00 pm departure. AA moved us up to a 2 pm; only later AA flight is 7:30 pm or so, so we're sticking with the 2 pm.
Today, the 2 pm is not showing on AA.com or Google flights. I assume I should be worried that it too has been canceled.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
There were two OGG-PHX flights for my trip home in Sep, now there is only one and they moved my later one an hour earlier (red-eye, like always).
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had some changes too, but for September. My LAS - LAX flight moved from 7.15 am to 6.00 am which in some ways is good as it gives a longer connection into my onward flight to MIA which has changed from a 772 to a 777-300ER. The return from MIA has changed from 3.20 pm to 3.45 pm which has no real effect on things. It's still the 77W it was before.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
JFK-BOS is not currently running on AA metal and it looks like the restart date on AA metal has been pushed back to 10/7. AA is putting its code on B6's flights, however.
Thanks! I didn’t see those B6 flights because I was only searching bus/first, I do see them now if I select all flights .

Still won’t let me book sna-jfk-bos even in coach but that was just a curiosity check.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:13 am

We've been rebooked on PHL-FCO on Sept. 9, which appears to be the date of resumption of service on that route. May we expect that they really plan to resume it then, under current circumstances, rather than it being an aspirational, practically pre-COVID plan? And that it will be a COVID-tested flight if that's still the rule for U.S.-Italy flights?

My wife gets disability assistance and is disappointed that, in Premium Economy, we've been put in the middle section. She says that she really needs a window and wants to call and ask for it. There are no open seats in PE on the seat map and I think there's no point in asking for it now; the best hope is that some will open close to the flight, perhaps from upgrades. Does this seem correct?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:31 am

My ORD-FCO was rearranged. The ns return was turned into a DFW stopover, but I was able to get LHR instead, back to Chicago at a much more reasonable/ similar time as the original nonstop.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
PHX-LHR direct flights gone for Aug... rerouted through LAX outbound and DFW return. Decided to just cancel and rebook something at a later date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.