Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI - August schedules updated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
My biggest change was for my SKB trip at the end of September and early October. No flights to SKB at all anymore. not on American, not on United, not on Air Canada. The only link is now via San Juan on Seabreeze Airlines but its zeroed out because likely everyone and their brother got on it. Kind of out of ideas how to get to St kitts at this point.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by asnovici
My biggest change was for my SKB trip at the end of September and early October. No flights to SKB at all anymore. not on American, not on United, not on Air Canada. The only link is now via San Juan on Seabreeze Airlines but its zeroed out because likely everyone and their brother got on it. Kind of out of ideas how to get to St kitts at this point.

AA into Antigua connecting to BA to SKB? Or, you can always try to ask AA to LHR then BA to SKB to get more mile
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
When can I expect September schedules to be finalized? I am looking at a flight from San Diego to Charlotte over labor day weekend, Usually, there are 3 or 4 nonstops a day. For Sunday coming home to San Diego, September 5 there are none on the schedule, and for Monday, Labor Day, there are only 2 late-day flights.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by 985X
AA into Antigua connecting to BA to SKB? Or, you can always try to ask AA to LHR then BA to SKB to get more mile
Love the latter

But the former option is intriguing...
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went to ticket an outbound FLL-JFK-LHR and an inbound MXP-JFK-CLT-FLL, Oct 16 and 29 respectively on reservations made 4 days ago. (Today is the deadline).

FLL-JFK-LHR cannot be purchased online due to schedule changed on the JFK-LHR from original 7:35pm to 6:10pm, making the connection a short 1hr 25min one. Long wait on the phone to get an agent who said he would clear the change then I can just ticket it online. He said 1hr 25min is legal connection at JFK domestic to international. I have no idea. In any case he cleared it and it could be purchased online.

Went on to ticket both reservations online. The inbound from MXP took a surprisingly short 20 min to get ticketed while the outbound to LHR is pending...

Should I call to get the JFK-LHR changed to the later flight departing at 10:35pm AA104 instead of the current AA100.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rove312
We've been rebooked on PHL-FCO on Sept. 9, which appears to be the date of resumption of service on that route. May we expect that they really plan to resume it then, under current circumstances, rather than it being an aspirational, practically pre-COVID plan? And that it will be a COVID-tested flight if that's still the rule for U.S.-Italy flights?
Keep in mind that this was originally supposed to restart on August 17th. Which I always doubted would happen given that its the end of the normal summer vacation season. I don't see the reason for there to be an uptick in demand after Labor Day. So, my bet would be against it resuming in September. Does anyone know if the other TATL rotes out of PHL (like CDG and ATH) which were suppose to restart on 8/17, as well, saw the same pushback?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:53 pm

I had a flight on Oct 4th that was changed. Was a business award flight. XX-ORD-LHR-ATH. Was originally supposed to leave my city at 530 pm. They moved it up to 1030 am and the layover in LHR went from 3 hours to 12. Called up and they were able to move it to a much better flight including a direct connection from ORD to ATH on the same pricing. (got the original business awards for 50k and they are going for 300k now).
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
LAX to PVR Gone

Our leg from LAX to PVR in late September is gone... only options were overnights getting us in a day late... cancelled and got the refund... and a AS nonstop that now will earn AAdvantage miles.

Bad news good news situation..
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
This August flight with my wife was changed, and while I don't mind sharing a seat with her, will we still each get a meal?
Also, will they remove the business class seat and replace it with one from economy? I don't see that configuration on Seatguru.

Last edited by FlytheTail; Jun 14, 2021 at 7:36 pm
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:16 pm

So much discussion in the media about how busy airports are (some of course certain are!) but in reality, the legacy carriers are still very much adjusting capacity in their schedules due to lacking demand.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:54 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Several of my August trips ex IAD were changed.

Before the schedule change IIRC service was supposed to be as follows: DFW (3x 738), CLT (6x CR9, 1x A320), AUS (2x A319).

Now it looks like AUS will not operate on Saturdays, and on Tuesdays the flight goes down to 1x daily. CLT will not see the resumption of mainline, and will be at 5x Eagle flights daily, with the exception of Tuesdays/Saturdays which will only see 4x Eagle RJ. DFW goes down to 2x daily.

This is of course on top of them suspending/discontinuing IAD-LAX which used to be 2x 738/A321 daily.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that's weird. I have a flight from LHR-LAX on Sept 15 that was originally supposed to leave at 5:15pm and get in at 7:20. 10 hr & 5 minutes. With the change it is now leaving at 5:05 and arriving at 8:15pm and it shows 11 hours & 10 minutes. How can it be leaving 10 minutes earlier and arriving 55 minutes later?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holocker
When can I expect September schedules to be finalized? I am looking at a flight from San Diego to Charlotte over labor day weekend, Usually, there are 3 or 4 nonstops a day. For Sunday coming home to San Diego, September 5 there are none on the schedule, and for Monday, Labor Day, there are only 2 late-day flights.
There's still one flight scheduled on 9/5. They adjusted/reduced most domestic routes through October 6th so September domestic schedule likely won't see significant changes. Certain routes see reductions around Labor Day weekend due to very limited business travel demand. For example, AA is not operating PDX-CLT flight around Labor Day weekend and a number of dates in late August.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 15, 2021 at 4:33 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Cut the late afternoon LAX-ATL flight over Labor Day. Now it's a red-eye or mid-morning flight to chose from unless I want to loose my fare and switch airlines.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:09 pm

(About the PHL-FCO flight Sept. 9)
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Keep in mind that this was originally supposed to restart on August 17th. Which I always doubted would happen given that its the end of the normal summer vacation season. I don't see the reason for there to be an uptick in demand after Labor Day. So, my bet would be against it resuming in September. Does anyone know if the other TATL rotes out of PHL (like CDG and ATH) which were suppose to restart on 8/17, as well, saw the same pushback?
Interesting. I sent a Twitter DM to AA about a few matters, and they said it wasn't a quarantine-free flight "at this time." I wouldn't think they'll operate a flight where everyone will need to quarantine and there's a full PE cabin: I think the possibilities are A) The flight won't operate; B) It will be COVID-tested; and C) There.will no longer be a testing requirement for Italy, perhaps vaccination will be sufficient. It's difficult to see how to handle this on a PE award, with PE unavailable on flights from other hubs around that date.

Last edited by rove312; Jun 14, 2021 at 9:19 pm Reason: Added the "I wouldn't think" phrase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.