Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI - August schedules updated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by dw
A whole bunch of transatlantic routes that were supposed to start in August have been pushed to an October start (or, for some, 2022), so those flights have likely been taken off the schedule.
So when should we expect to see the October TATL routings?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
MIA-CDG

We are scheduled to go on a Normandy trip in early October. Had two paid business seats on a nonstop between MIA-CDG, changed the outbound through DFW and return through JFK. This really stinks!!!!
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
JFK-FCO is operating daily starting in July, but they reduced it to less than daily service starting on Sept. 8th which is what caught previous poster. Service on the route extends through Oct. 22nd. They likely have reduced bucket inventory on certain flights as they reaccomodate impacted passengers, but there will likely be more inventory available as people shift or cancel flights due to changes.
If JFK-FCO is operating daily until Sept 8 why would my 8/18 flight get changed to 8/16? Same flight # and basically the same schedule 4:45 to 4:59 departure.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:39 pm

I asked in the Chase Rewards forum as well, but long story short- We had LHR—ORD cancel in August, they consolidated their inventory down to less flights. The new flight, departing two hours earlier, kept the same flight number but went from a 772 to a 789. At the same time, the return section of the trip also cancelled. I called AA directly and they took over the ticket and reissued them- both are still separate going and return and to further complicate we have BA connections both ways from LHR that have separate records for themselves even though, from February when we first booked this trip, it was one transaction (I guess that’s just part of their technology system given they codeshare so extensively)

Heres the thing: Chase Rewards keeps sending cancelation notifications of ORD-LHR- which is true, but not true because they recycled (or consolidated) the flight number in their schedule pull-down and then rebooked us on that new flight 86- which is operating and we have seats for.

Stressful!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I'm not sure where the best place to ask this question, so I'll start here. I had a web special change so that I have to change airports. Is it possible to use this to change dates?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I'm not sure where the best place to ask this question, so I'll start here. I had a web special change so that I have to change airports. Is it possible to use this to change dates?
You can probably swing ±1 day unless no scheduled service/availability within that window. Definitely can ask and see what happens.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:42 am

As I said above, we were changed from BOS-JFK-FCO to BOS-PHL-FCO a day later. I asked on a Twitter message about getting on BOS-DFW-FCO on the original date; they said no because of no SAAver availability. I hesitate to take such an odd itinerary, but do you think under the rules we should be able to make that change because of the change by a day? We were booked on PE at 40K; the DFW routing has it at 145K.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I see my 789 went to a 788 for a FCO-DFW flight in Sept
Can anyone compare the what might change for me in PE?
The data I found mentions the width is 18 1/2 on 788 and 19 on 789
I found out about the change when I went to look at my trips. In addition to the schedule change, both flights had lower blocked times.
The 789 by a few minutes, and the 788 (FCO-DFW) was "faster" by 25 minutes, even though it still left at 10AM

Last edited by mvoight; Jun 19, 2021 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rove312
As I said above, we were changed from BOS-JFK-FCO to BOS-PHL-FCO a day later. I asked on a Twitter message about getting on BOS-DFW-FCO on the original date; they said no because of no SAAver availability. I hesitate to take such an odd itinerary, but do you think under the rules we should be able to make that change because of the change by a day? We were booked on PE at 40K; the DFW routing has it at 145K.
did you indicate your were schedule changed? They should have opened up award space.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:16 am

My Twitter message started "Can we keep our departure date of [...] as originally booked"

For a few days there's been a message when I open the itinerary on a desktop browser of "Your flight changed; Check back soon to see what changed." I thought it might be bad programming and it was about the change already showing, but as if this morning it also says that on the app.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:53 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Have you tried something along the lines of "AA made changes to our scheduled flight in PNR nnnnnn. The new dates and flights do not work for us. Please book BOS-DFW-FCO." Try calling if Twitter is not accommodating.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I would call and discuss this with a live agent, and ask for a supervisor if needed. There doesn't have to be award availability when they cancel your flight.
I would not accept a one day delay on a trip to Europe unless there were ZERO seats available in a revenue class, and then I would expect the routing I wanted on a future or earlier day
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by seawolf
You can probably swing ±1 day unless no scheduled service/availability within that window. Definitely can ask and see what happens.
I'd like to move it by a couple of months. I'm going to try and call, but I think I'll be told to pound sand.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 11:47 pm

If you call, they can open up availability. I had ord-lhr-ath that was booked in J for 50k. They modified it by 8 hours so they moved me to a direct ord-ath flight that was showing 300k for business. I actually got money back because of the tax difference of not having to go through LHR.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfergal
If JFK-FCO is operating daily until Sept 8 why would my 8/18 flight get changed to 8/16? Same flight # and basically the same schedule 4:45 to 4:59 departure.
Because from the time I made my original post, AA further reduced the JFK-FCO schedule and it now goes from daily to 3x weekly starting on 8/17 instead of 9/8. At present, it's still daily from 7/1 through 8/16 (but with the international schedules, airlines have not been shy about making adjustments fairly close in).
golfergal likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 20, 2021 at 4:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.