Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Absolutely agree. Once my expectations were realigned, I actually didn't mind the sandwich or cheese tray option and, personally, feel it is better than these current "Fresh Bites" boxes.

Hopefully the rumors of regular hot meals returning to regular (non-Flagship) AA domestic F later this year are true. I have my doubts.

-FlyerBeek
The Buy-On-Board was originally pretty good food - with one option being a sandwich and the second a large sized salad with chopped chicken.
Then the Salad option went away with just the sandwich and the cheese plate (cheese plate was there before). I don't know why they cancelled the salad.

So come Covid and domestic F gets the sandwich or cheese plate - either not too bad.

Pre-Covid - the AA F meals were bad - I had been on flights where people in F declined the meal and requested the BOB instead.

When will the BoB return for purchase in economy?
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Are they doing meal pre-selection again? I am on the 10:30am flight from LAX to MIA next week in Business but I am not getting a meal choice.
For whatever reason, the MIA Flagship transcon routes are still not offering pre-selection. Domestically, it's JFK-LAX/SFO (which is the exact same menu as the MIA-LAX flights) and the longer Hawaii routes that allow pre-orders.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Hoping regular meal service will be back for Transcon by October. I'm so tired of the nothing chicken app and that stupid tart not to mention the hard as a rock packaged roll. I want the sundaes, bread basket & a proper salad & starter.

Btw, just to echo from the above, booked a Nov flight to MIA and the message saying you can choose 30 days out didnt pop up whereas with a booking for Jfk transcon it does come up and let me know it will be available. So something def. up with Mia pre ordering even though its essentially the same food service.
corky, Clarkcc1, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Am I reading it correct that food is still offered in Main Cabin for DFW-HNL flights? It seems to only exclude (or even mention) LAX-HI and PHX-HI.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Am I reading it correct that food is still offered in Main Cabin for DFW-HNL flights? It seems to only exclude (or even mention) LAX-HI and PHX-HI.
It's not much. I flew KOA-DFW in PE in June and both PE and Y got a snack box with packaged snacks in it and then a Biscoff before landing. I doubt westbound gets anything substantive. I also did PHX-KOA and that was just Biscoff.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
For whatever reason, the MIA Flagship transcon routes are still not offering pre-selection. Domestically, it's JFK-LAX/SFO (which is the exact same menu as the MIA-LAX flights) and the longer Hawaii routes that allow pre-orders.

-FlyerBeek
MIA catering is often loaded incorrectly, especially desserts so maybe AA is doing this intentionally because they are probably going by the cheapest option their caterer can provide depending on availability
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cova

Pre-Covid - the AA F meals were bad - I had been on flights where people in F declined the meal and requested the BOB instead.
AA F were ok pre covid, definitely wouldn't qualify as bad (I had worse meal in F pre merger in mid 2000 on ORD-DFW only gave a biscuit and fruits as breakfast or shrimp salad as lunch on SNA-ORD with 6 of those tiny frozen shrimp from dollar tree), people decline meals for whatever reason, need more time to work, tired of having the same meal over and over when you fly the same route on a weekly basis, not hungry, etc, but not necessary because the meal is bad (I had seen people decline meals in CX J too, so would you assume CX J serve bad food too ?)
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by fly747first
MIA catering is often loaded incorrectly, especially desserts so maybe AA is doing this intentionally because they are probably going by the cheapest option their caterer can provide depending on availability
Who knows. Maybe. But, longhaul international flights out of MIA still offer pre-order so you think they could get their act together for the one flagship domestic route from MIA that should also have pre-order.

-FlyerBeek
Global321 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:37 pm

The first person who flies F/J on this route and gets the pre covid service really appreciate you letting us know on here. I'm so sick of the cold chicken app, the chicken actually looks everytime like it has gone bad and is disgusting and turning color...I never eat it. No salad, no soup in F, no bread basket, no sundae. I'm not saying Pre covid AA F/J was great but it sure was better than this.

I wonder what will happen first, MIA FL/FFD opens or normal pre covid food service. I mean I would think the latter but nothing seems to be changing there and nothing seems to have come out against the Sept. opening of FL/FFD (i cant wait to be able to have the real FL again).
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
The first person who flies F/J on this route and gets the pre covid service really appreciate you letting us know on here. I'm so sick of the cold chicken app, the chicken actually looks everytime like it has gone bad and is disgusting and turning color...I never eat it. No salad, no soup in F, no bread basket, no sundae. I'm not saying Pre covid AA F/J was great but it sure was better than this.

I wonder what will happen first, MIA FL/FFD opens or normal pre covid food service. I mean I would think the latter but nothing seems to be changing there and nothing seems to have come out against the Sept. opening of FL/FFD (i cant wait to be able to have the real FL again).
If the times work for you, you might check out JetBlue. Their food is far better than AA’s even pre-COVID. While they lack a lounge, if you can get Mint Suite the product on board is better than anything AA will offer in J.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
If the times work for you, you might check out JetBlue. Their food is far better than AA’s even pre-COVID. While they lack a lounge, if you can get Mint Suite the product on board is better than anything AA will offer in J.
Appreciate the B6 idea. While I get why people like it, it just doesnt do it for me. This may sound bad but the lack of a lounge, everyone boarding past me, no divider of any kind between J & Y all just dont do it for me. Pax to lav ratio is too high also. . I've flown Mint only 3 x and last time was just over 2 years ago but on all 3 occasions it didnt feel special. When I board the 77W there is just something special about being on that plane for a flight within the US. I also enjoy the AA F seat.

In regards to the food on Mint, I find the experience overrated. While I appreciate the food/hospitality groups they work and what they are doing with the menu, I personally dont enjoy eating 3 diff things at once. I want to have an app, salad, soup (when AA caters it), main course, cheese & dessert. It feels way more like a real dining experience to me. The portions on all 5 available items are small imo and I am never ever full/satisfied. I also think the menu sounds better than it is.

Lastly, while i love the space in the single seat suite and I also love the door (i dont think its a gimmick how some say), I absolutely hate the seat.. It hurt my back 2 of the 3 times. If I recall you cant really recline back. It starts to go to bed mode and slides down and then you are too low for watching Tv. That seat alone was enough for me to rule Mint out for any future flying.

Hope I dont sound like a Snob. But how can I when I am saying I love AA.......I mean i hate AA for some things but I really do think once FL & FFD are up and running you cant beat the A321T to NY and the 77W to Miami. This Covid meal service is a joke though. But once everything comes back for the onboard food I will be happy. Entrees seem to be the norm but the rest is nothing and so much is missing.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:39 am

AA1535: LAX-MIA: 1030am
Lunch/Dinner
77W
Flagship Business

Beef filet. Bland but not the worst I've had. The beet and goat cheese salad was actually really good.
Carfield and cesco.g like this.

Last edited by mxracer95; Aug 11, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Dinner at 1030am?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Dinner at 1030am?
My first thought as well. Maybe they just use the same menus for Lunch and Dinner.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Dinner at 1030am?
To each their own. My watch would already be set to EST so I would welcome that "1:30 pm" lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.