Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:37 pm

Ill follow up once the the ticket clears through in 24-48
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I can't do Europe to South Africa via the Middle East can I? Was thinking QR or EY.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: QF Gold
Looking for advice please

I have WAW-qr-DOH-qr-BKK-cx-HKG-cx-BNE in J

I think it should price as 60k, Australia desk is saying 75k.

QR ticket rules only allow WAW-DOH-HKG-BNE. However CX ticket rules only have a max miles and list of allowable airlines.

CX also allowing a very similar routing on the way there (priced correctly at 60k).

Most air time is on CX, only ocean crossing is also on CX, so shouldn't the CX rules apply? Which centre to call to get it manually priced as 60k?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davem4

QR ticket rules only allow WAW-DOH-HKG-BNE. However CX ticket rules only have a max miles and list of allowable airlines.

CX also allowing a very similar routing on the way there (priced correctly at 60k).

Most air time is on CX, only ocean crossing is also on CX, so shouldn't the CX rules apply? Which centre to call to get it manually priced as 60k?
Europe <-> S. Pacific can connect in DOH -or- Asia-- not both.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When will you travel? Presumably you chose such route is for the DOH-BKK A380 service.

QR announces it will bring A380 to the DOH-SYD route started in June, and may open up other Australian cities.

You may be better off use the DOH-SYD direct flight and just a QF SYD-BNE.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I can't do Europe to South Africa via the Middle East can I? Was thinking QR or EY.
JonNYC what are you thoughts on the above and the one below please?

If I book AMS-LHR-AUH on EY but book up as follows

AMS-LHR Feb 17 (Stopover for 1 month)
LHR- AUH March 17
AUH-LHR March 17

Can I then call up in Feb 17 and move my LHR-AUH to a flight later on in the year to be used before March 18? Technically I have 1 year to fly the first segment and then 1 year to fly the rest of the ticket right?

Don't ask why I am planning on doing it this way.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For an award ticket, you cannot have a stopover, so would be 2 awards even if it is a permissible routing

You have 1 year from date of issue of the ticket to complete the journey
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

LHR- AUH March 17
AUH-LHR March 17

Can I then call up in Feb 17 and move my LHR-AUH to a flight later on in the year to be used before March 18? Technically I have 1 year to fly the first segment and then 1 year to fly the rest of the ticket right?

Assuming that you are talking about award travel, you will have three one-way awards: AMS-LHR; LHR-AUH; and AUH-LHR. Date charges are free on each award; travel on each award must be completed within one year of award-ticket issuance.

Is that what you were asking, or do you want to know something else?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:45 pm
Suspended

LHR- AUH March 17
AUH-LHR March 17
As pointed out above, that's 3 different awards there.

Wasn't planning on it, not that interested.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Is that what you were asking, or do you want to know something else?
Well basically I was hoping to pay 90k for this as one r/t journey (10+40+40) and use it like a revenue ticket which would have allowed outbound flight from AMS to LHR in Feb 17 and then I would have had a year to fly the rest of the flights.

But since reward tickets have to be used within a year this won't work I guess.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:40 pm

Well basically I was hoping to pay 90k for this as one r/t journey (10+40+40) and use it like a revenue ticket which would have allowed outbound flight from AMS to LHR in Feb 17 and then I would have had a year to fly the rest of the flights.

But since reward tickets have to be used within a year this won't work I guess.
2 issues - one is that no stopovers are permitted on an AA award; the other is that your understanding of a revenue ticket is incorrect - where 1 year is permitted , travel must be completed within 1 year of the 1st flight in the itinerary. The date of the AMS-LHR sector would determine the latest date for the final flight in the itinerary. i.e. the AUH-LHR sector would have to be within 1 year of the date of the AMS-LHR flight in a r/t itinerary
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
2 issues - one is that no stopovers are permitted on an AA award; the other is that your understanding of a revenue ticket is incorrect - where 1 year is permitted , travel must be completed within 1 year of the 1st flight in the itinerary. The date of the AMS-LHR sector would determine the latest date for the final flight in the itinerary. i.e. the AUH-LHR sector would have to be within 1 year of the date of the AMS-LHR flight in a r/t itinerary
Yes but since I am paying the extra 10k for the AMS-LHR award and 40k for the next flight so won't a stopover be allowed as I have paid the extra 10k. It should otherwise be 40k for this award. So in a r/t if AMS-LHR is in Feb 17 the LHR-AUH should be within 1yr of the first flight?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:19 pm

Yes but since I am paying the extra 10k for the AMS-LHR award and 40k for the next flight so won't a stopover be allowed as I have paid the extra 10k. It should otherwise be 40k for this award. So in a r/t if AMS-LHR is in Feb 17 the LHR-AUH should be within 1yr of the first flight?
If it was a paid ticket, then the entire journey would need to be completed within 1 year of the 1st flight in the itinerary. If the 1st flight was 1st Feb 2017 , then there would be 1 year from that date to complete the journey and so last flight would need to be no later than 1st Feb 2018

This would still not allow you to extend the return date until March 2018 as mentioned in post 1322

With an AA award ticket, AA's award rules are that the final date of travel must be no later than 1 year from date of ticket issue

If a ticket was issued today on 10th March 2016, the final date of travel would have to be no later than 10th March 2017
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
When will you travel? Presumably you chose such route is for the DOH-BKK A380 service.

QR announces it will bring A380 to the DOH-SYD route started in June, and may open up other Australian cities.

You may be better off use the DOH-SYD direct flight and just a QF SYD-BNE.
Picked as the only one that worked.

First week of August.

No other availability via AUH, DOH(direct to australia), LHR, HEL, NRT, SIN, nothing
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Picked as the only one that worked.

First week of August.

No other availability via AUH, DOH(direct to australia), LHR, HEL, NRT, SIN, nothing
Have you check DXB-SYD on QF?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.