Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, you are correct for MPM-based fares.

The sole F fare I see for JL is constructed; SEA- SFO +SFO-ICN, so, that's you're actual answer, best as I can see. I just picked a random date though.

But, you're right on the 25% allowed overage on MPM-based fares.
Sorry, I didn't get the F fare construction part. Do you mean that there is a published fare between SEA-ICN? If that is the case, this seems like a HUCA situation.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yiky98
Sorry, I didn't get the F fare construction part. Do you mean that there is a published fare between SEA-ICN? If that is the case, this seems like a HUCA situation.
There is a published fare, but the fare they are looking for may be constructed-- in which case it's not valid as one award. One of the F-fares (FOWB) is constructed as I mentioned in my post above, SFO-ICN + SEA-SFO.

SO, a HUCA situation regardless, if ya know what I mean. (i.e never hurts)

BUT, looks like it will be a problem if they're using the constructed MPM published fare vs. the MPM-based fare-- the latter which would appear to be fine, best I can see, as you're far under the allowable flown miles.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:52 pm

There is a published fare, but the fare they are looking for may be constructed-- in which case it's not valid as one award. One of the F-fares (FOWB) is constructed as I mentioned in my post above, SFO-ICN + SEA-SFO.

SO, a HUCA situation regardless, if ya know what I mean. (i.e never hurts)

BUT, looks like it will be a problem if they're using the constructed MPM published fare vs. the MPM-based fare-- the latter which would appear to be fine, best I can see, as you're far under the allowable flown miles.
Learned a new thing.

JonNYC you're awesome!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yiky98
Learned a new thing.

JonNYC you're awesome!
Thanks! Maybe several people did (learn new things)

Let us know how your next inquiry on this itin goes-- hopefully it will be more enlightening than "exceeds MPM" as-- no matter which fare they use-- that's not an issue on your proposed itin.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:10 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
anyone?

Originally Posted by ls
i got the pvg-hkg-lax-pdx with pvg to lax on CX J and lax-pdx on AS on a AA rewards and the tax is $137.92 per person, is this normal?

thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts about award reinstatement fees have been moved to

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...larifying.html

/Moderator
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ls
anyone?
That actually seems kind of high to me. China's airport fee is something like CNY90 (~$14), and then maybe another $20 for US Customs/US Security Fee.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by ls
anyone?
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
That actually seems kind of high to me. China's airport fee is something like CNY90 (~$14), and then maybe another $20 for US Customs/US Security Fee.
If I price out essentially the same itinerary on the ITA Matrix (only difference being first leg is on KA instead of CX), this is what comes out for taxes/fees:

China Airport Fee (CN) $13.70
US International Arrival Tax (US) $17.80
US Customs Fee (YC) $5.50
US Immigration Fee (XY) $7.00
USDA APHIS Fee (XA) $3.96
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) $5.60

which totals up to $53.56.

I would ask them to provide the breakdown of the taxes/fees you were charged, as it seems you're being overcharged by ~ $85.

This wasn't booked for travel in less than 21 days from a no-status account, by any chance? That would explain $75 of it.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by akcae
If I price out essentially the same itinerary on the ITA Matrix (only difference being first leg is on KA instead of CX), this is what comes out for taxes/fees:

China Airport Fee (CN) $13.70
US International Arrival Tax (US) $17.80
US Customs Fee (YC) $5.50
US Immigration Fee (XY) $7.00
USDA APHIS Fee (XA) $3.96
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) $5.60

which totals up to $53.56.

I would ask them to provide the breakdown of the taxes/fees you were charged, as it seems you're being overcharged by ~ $85.

This wasn't booked for travel in less than 21 days from a no-status account, by any chance? That would explain $75 of it.
I am not sure one must pay the arrival tax on an AA award. Indeed, if I price a PVG-PDX on AA.com (PVG-ORD on AA and then AS), the total taxes are $35.76.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:38 pm
wdc

Question for the pros... if i book an RT award, would I be able to make a date change (for free) on the inbound after the outbound has commenced?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:57 pm

Thanks! Maybe several people did (learn new things)

Let us know how your next inquiry on this itin goes-- hopefully it will be more enlightening than "exceeds MPM" as-- no matter which fare they use-- that's not an issue on your proposed itin.
It took 2 HUCAs to price it correctly, at 62500. Thanks!

Like you said, it's a valid routing under either the MPM or the published-fare rule. But this is the second time that AA reservations system automatically priced this itin as two separate awards. Both times, multiple HUCAs were involved to make it RIGHT. Maybe it's a bug in their system, or there's some obscure rule that aren't clearly known or published?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:47 pm

HKG connectors for Saver Level Awards

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone knew what the connection rule in Asia when using a saver level award. I am flying in F on Cathay for 67,500 and originally was going to connect to PVG. This was legal and it didn't increase the milage due at all. My plans changed and I tried to modify to ICN and they wanted an additional 40,000 miles.

Where can you connect to through HKG without being charged extra miles?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Global Entry
You can connect to other places in Asia 2, see chart here, but you wont be able to leave the region without a second award.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Zinc_Saucier
You can connect to other places in Asia 2, see chart here, but you wont be able to leave the region without a second award.
after a long phone hold with AA, i wasn't expecting to get anything after what you said. They issued the routing BOS-JFK-HKG-ICN and lowered the award rate to 62,500. Very happy with the outcome apparently it took 3 departments.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sgan317
after a long phone hold with AA, i wasn't expecting to get anything after what you said. They issued the routing BOS-JFK-HKG-ICN and lowered the award rate to 62,500. Very happy with the outcome apparently it took 3 departments.
To our understanding of the rules, that shouldn't have worked-- there shouldn't be an allowable connection on a N.America-> Asia1 via Asia2.

So, will be interesting to see what happens next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.