Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Red259
Trying to look at JL website for flights in F from Seoul to NYC or even Tokyo to NYC using AA miles. When I use calendar feature there are some dates that look open but then when I click them it says waitlist for every single one. All the other flights say waitlist right on the calendar. I'm a bit confused are these flights on the calendar that do not say waitlist open or is it telling me they are open for me to try to waitlist them? I haven't seen anything that appears purely open.
I read an article late last year explaining that there is a particular way AAgents have to search for JAL space for AAwards - they must search for JAL award space as if they were booking a revenue ticket on JAL. Don't know if it is still relevant.
New Trick for Booking JAL Award Space with AA Miles - Live and Let's Fly
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I have a biz saver in J booked dfw-lhr-prg and back the week of thanksgiving. My dfw-lhr and back are on AA metal and the prg flights on BA. When I search biz saver awards on BA -XXX in Europe there are plenty of flights available that initially weren’t when booking from dfw as my starting point. Will an agent allow me to drop the Prague flights and insert another set to a different city? Vienna, Düsseldorf, Rome etc all show up this way.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by enviroian
I have a biz saver in J booked dfw-lhr-prg and back the week of thanksgiving. My dfw-lhr and back are on AA metal and the prg flights on BA. When I search biz saver awards on BA -XXX in Europe there are plenty of flights available that initially weren’t when booking from dfw as my starting point. Will an agent allow me to drop the Prague flights and insert another set to a different city? Vienna, Düsseldorf, Rome etc all show up this way.
Of course, as long as your connection at LHR remains under 24 hrs. As an EXP/CK you never pay the redeposit fee to change your award destination.

When you call AA, just make sure you're clear that you want to keep your existing DFW-LHR flight as-is and just change the LHR-PRG to LHR-VIE, etc. Any good AAgent will be able to do this, but there are always scattered reports on here of bad AAgents claiming they can't make such a change unless there's still award space also on the DFW-LHR flight. This is BS, if you were to get such an answer HUCA.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Of course, as long as your connection at LHR remains under 24 hrs. As an EXP/CK you never pay the redeposit fee to change your award destination.

When you call AA, just make sure you're clear that you want to keep your existing DFW-LHR flight as-is and just change the LHR-PRG to LHR-VIE, etc. Any good AAgent will be able to do this, but there are always scattered reports on here of bad AAgents claiming they can't make such a change unless there's still award space also on the DFW-LHR flight. This is BS, if you were to get such an answer HUCA.
Thank you for the info. I thought unmarried segments weren't allowed anymore.

You have to then ask yourself if I am able to pair all these flights together with no problem with LHR why doesn't AA's software allow those flights to be shown from dallas onward? Ugh.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the info. I thought unmarried segments weren't allowed anymore.

You have to then ask yourself if I am able to pair all these flights together with no problem with LHR why doesn't AA's software allow those flights to be shown from dallas onward? Ugh.
What exact routing and date are you looking at? We've seen lots of AA-AA married segment availability lately but not AA-BA. Most of the time it's just IT and/or search glitches with aa.com instead of married segments.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What exact routing and date are you looking at? We've seen lots of AA-AA married segment availability lately but not AA-BA. Most of the time it's just IT and/or search glitches with aa.com instead of married segments.
The monday-Friday of Thanksgiving week. I was deciding on what city in Europe i want to visit. The only complete itinerary that came back for business saver (AA to LHR, BA to Europe) was Prague. When I do a search LHR-XXX just about every major European city is available for business saver on BA.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The monday-Friday of Thanksgiving week. I was deciding on what city in Europe i want to visit. The only complete itinerary that came back for business saver (AA to LHR, BA to Europe) was Prague. When I do a search LHR-XXX just about every major European city is available for business saver on BA.
No idea, looks like an aa.com glitch. If DFW-LHR and LHR-FCO are both available separately, for example, there's no reason it shouldn't offer the connection. Just give AA a call and have them switch the LHR-PRG to whatever you find that looks better.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When I booked my flights for the same period I had a hard time finding J (euro business) on our return, the AAgent had no issues and booked them
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was successful in changing my itinerary. I'm now going to Barcelona instead lol It was an easy switch no worries. I'm just having a hard time selecting seats on the BCN-MAD-MIA flights in business. I have the record locator and went onto iberia's website but it said I can't select seats. What am I doing wrong?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I was successful in changing my itinerary. I'm now going to Barcelona instead lol It was an easy switch no worries. I'm just having a hard time selecting seats on the BCN-MAD-MIA flights in business. I have the record locator and went onto iberia's website but it said I can't select seats. What am I doing wrong?
Is AA in the process of re-issuing the ticket? (Look at your reservation at AA.com and see if it says ticketed.)
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P

I had an agent try to tell me the whole thing had to be canceled and rebooked (wanted to change donestic segment to a different airport after long haul CX flight). When I said I would keep it as I didn't want to risk losing the CX leg (planning to HUACA), she took another look and figured it out for me. 👍
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:41 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
looking for Europe-Doha-Male award in J Feb 2019
AA only see J for 1 leg to Doha
nothing in J for Dohe Male

my question is if I book mixed cabin do MLE and later will be J availability DOH-MLE is possible to change reward how how much will it cost?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by p78
looking for Europe-Doha-Male award in J Feb 2019
AA only see J for 1 leg to Doha
nothing in J for Dohe Male

my question is if I book mixed cabin do MLE and later will be J availability DOH-MLE is possible to change reward how how much will it cost?
Yes, AA will change your award if a Business Class award seat on the DOH-MLE leg is subsequently made available to AA by QR. AA does not charge a fee for such a change.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:26 pm

I want to book a ticket for 2 on Gulf Air from Bahrain to Cairo.
I see availability on Expert Flyer, but the AA agents can not see the same availability.
Has this partnership ended early?
Or is there another way to force AA to check the availability?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

from https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...s/gulf-air.jsp , the last date to book is listed as 30 April , so that shouldn't be the issue

Whether AA has availability for awards on GF is another matter - you could try another AA office and see if it can see availability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.