Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Cards: Major Reductions as of 22 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Cards: Major Reductions as of 22 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Message shown on Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard and Citi Prestige cards:
Sad... If this is true for my Citi Prestige, I think it's maybe time to close it...
Spiff and waterskifly like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
It's ok, the Citi live chat told me the benefits are not being discontinued and not to worry...

Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That's not what the rep said.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ChrL
It's ok, the Citi live chat told me the benefits are not being discontinued and not to worry...

I’m seriously doubting that chat, given the notifications, FAQ, blogger articles without any withdrawal of claims of benefits termination, etc.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
I am doubting that chat strictly based off what appears to most likely be a language barrier. Looks like the rep is not quite understanding what was asked, and simply stating that the benefits are still (currently) in place.
enviroian and IAHtraveler like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Right, the rep seems to have meant that the benefits are still active on the card right now.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
So what's the next best option for ~100+k spend including good travel insurance?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Chase Sapphire Reserve, or maybe a Chase business card. People over 5/24 could be in trouble.

Amex offers no travel-related insurances anymore, and I believe BofA just announced theirs is going away, too.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Perhaps the real point of clarification is that SkyClub access via Amex Platinum does NOT include any guests. They're $29/visit extra. Even the regular SkyClub memberships have this limitation, you need a more expensive membership to include guests.
You DO have a guest allowance to Centurion Clubs (2 guests OR immediate family) and Priority Pass lounges (1 guest I think).
Unfortunately you only get 2 guests, period, immediate family, or not. Unless you have the rare Centurion card. Then you get immediate family privileges. This, plus the relative lack of Centurion lounges, makes this benefit essentially worthless for this family of 4. It's why I got the Citi Exec card with AC access, and will cancel the Amex PLT card, soon.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by genotonda
Unfortunately you only get 2 guests, period, immediate family, or not. Unless you have the rare Centurion card. Then you get immediate family privileges. This, plus the relative lack of Centurion lounges, makes this benefit essentially worthless for this family of 4. It's why I got the Citi Exec card with AC access, and will cancel the Amex PLT card, soon.
If you travel frequently, one Plat AU card would solve your problem.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:47 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Actually one costs the same as three so in my case the wife and both kids got one.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I’m seriously doubting that chat, given the notifications, FAQ, blogger articles without any withdrawal of claims of benefits termination, etc.
The agents are cluelessl. I called 3 times for another issue last week and 2 out of the 3 calls I was given the wrong information. The level of service and knowledge of these people are AWFUL.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by genotonda
Unfortunately you only get 2 guests, period, immediate family, or not. Unless you have the rare Centurion card. Then you get immediate family privileges.
Thanks for the correction, forgot about the change.

What exactly does this mean?
"Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card."
https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/...e-guest-policy
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:11 am

Not with the business version. AU cards are $300 EACH. Even if it was a personal card, $175 to add an authorized user card, it's not worth it in any manner, for us. The vast majority of my travel is solo, but when we do take family vacations, it would just be nice to be able to have access. For as expensive as this card is. Without having to buy a day pass for a 10 year old child, because our 8 year old child is also with us.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:29 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

for international car rental coverage on the Exec card, there is a requirement that all, or part of your trip was charged to the card. In my case, I booked both my international flights on the card. If my other cards that do still offer car rental insurance (and one of those charges foreign exchange fees so I won’t be using that one) have the same stipulation, then I won’t have coverage. I can either dig through their T&Cs, or pre-pay the rental on the Exec card prior to Sept 22.
If the rule includes "part of" then wouldn't the car rental itself be part of the trip and be covered???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.