Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ag-2018-a.html

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EP
Any other EPs not being offered callbacks during extended phone queue times? Called several times today and Wally advised of the wait in minutes (10+) and never offered for a callback choice. Usually a female voice shares the approx wait time and asks to callback, "you will not lose your place in line," etc)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by tomj888
As someone who pays for all of his trips out of pocket, and I know that this is none of my business, but I'm speculating that the bulk of your travel was business related and hence paid by your business/company? Also, with that spend why aren't you CK?
Yes all my travel is paid by my company and I just got Concierge Key today with 63k EQD.
robertablake likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
EXP, still haven't requaled, sitting at 128,181 EQM and $14,286 EQD. I might not get over the hump until Sept at this rate! All I have in July/Aug is a cheap Y fare I SWU'd to J JFK-CDG-JFK and a BA Y flight NCE-LGW, not sure those together will do it. Might have to wait for NYC-JFC-CUN in early Sept.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I' currently inside the 90 days of a challenge, as part of the Hyatt crossover thing. My end date is mid-August. If I make EP through the challenge, will I get 4 SWUs to use through 31 January 2020, in addition to the 4 to use through 31 January 2021? The wiki and aa.com seem clear on this (yes); but just double-checking to make sure that there is not an exception or some such for folks qualifying through this or other challenges. TIA
SWUs expiring Jan 31 2020 are earned in 2018. So unless there is a weird challenge exception, I would expect you to earn 4 SWUs expiring in 2021.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Yesterday's flight back from NRT posted, requaled at:

EQDs: 15,355
EQMs: 146,808
EQSs: 49

No more AA flights until September....so will have to wait until then to pick up those next two SWUs.
Zacnlinc and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by bse118
....so will have to wait until then to pick up those next two SWUs.
You will have the option of getting 40,000 miles or gifting Gold status instead of the 2 extra SWUs.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by robertablake
You will have the option of getting 40,000 miles or gifting Gold status instead of the 2 extra SWUs.
Yes - but unlike the SWUs those two things are useless to me.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Would have crossed over at the earliest ever with two r/t flight in next two weeks JFK-LAX/SFO but biz class pricing was above corporate max so I have to use a combination of Delta and Alaska instead. Too bad.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Miles from my most recent CX Biz flight posted, earliest ever for me by a large margin! Time to start flying UA more often as a EWR flyer now...

Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by globetrotter4$
...Should be at $88k EQD and 240k EQM by end of June with many more to come after my holiday in July...
If you don't get CK, I'll throw a pedantic fit on your behalf!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA CK - 3MM, Bonvoy Lfe Titanium
Originally Posted by meunger11
If you don't get CK, I'll throw a pedantic fit on your behalf!
They did on the off cycle in May via an email exchange where I laid out my potential future plans as I have the flexibility to choose multiple airlines to support me to Europe and Asia. Well worth it to them even though I ended a little lower at $82k and 240k before my holiday. Starting back up in a couple of weeks so should be to $115k and 305k EQM by the first week of Sept. Would be nice if they brought back the 300k milestone again.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by globetrotter4$
They did on the off cycle in May via an email exchange where I laid out my potential future plans as I have the flexibility to choose multiple airlines to support me to Europe and Asia. Well worth it to them even though I ended a little lower at $82k and 240k before my holiday. Starting back up in a couple of weeks so should be to $115k and 305k EQM by the first week of Sept. Would be nice if they brought back the 300k milestone again.
Fantastic! Glad to hear you got CK
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Just got credit for a Qatar return flight yesterday
$15386
152341 miles
29 segments

plus I get to pick a gift ... not sure what to pick.. still sitting on 7 SWU
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
New to Exec Plat and still trying to navigate the upgrade rule when with a traveling companion. I'm looking to book two award tickets for us (same reservation) and during the booking it's breaking out the 4 segments of the reservation and stating that 1 500-mile upgrade will be required for each, which I assume is because my traveling companion is just a general aadvantage member, which is fine.

My question is - should my Exec Plat comp upgrade clear will my companion clear with me or will they be at the very bottom in a different upgrade position?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JakeRobertson212
New to Exec Plat and still trying to navigate the upgrade rule when with a traveling companion. I'm looking to book two award tickets for us (same reservation) and during the booking it's breaking out the 4 segments of the reservation and stating that 1 500-mile upgrade will be required for each, which I assume is because my traveling companion is just a general aadvantage member, which is fine.

My question is - should my Exec Plat comp upgrade clear will my companion clear with me or will they be at the very bottom in a different upgrade position?
They will be up with you on the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.