Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ag-2018-a.html

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
So I just made EXP... for 2020. Been going back and forth trying to get a Finnair codeshare to post and AAdvantage CS finally got it done. Luckily I haven't flown yet this year so didn't miss out on any benefits. Most of my travel is personal and I've never had EXP before, but was going to be close so did a MR/weekend trip to BCN to get the SWUs. Here's hoping I can use them!

renila, MorganB, CMK10 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by fotographer
Dammmmm. stay home please.. you will find it quite nice.., but than again.. I am usually about 2/3 of the way there.. All my Asia trips are on hold
I will be for a while! Left 12/26, will be home (planned) 2/20. Had a NYE RTW trip booked but emergencies required additional travel NRT-IST-LGW (*A) be added and LHR-BRU-HEL-NRT, as well as SCL-MAD-LHR-GRU. Had the Japan to London also been OW i’d be well clear.
fotographer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Just crossed the bar today. $15,316 EQD, 101,432 EQM, 13 segments.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
101k EQM in 6 weeks off $15k? I'm struggling to make sense of that.

Has to be a few discount J RTs from DCA to Asia for that kind of velocity?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls

Bingo. + a couple of transcons.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by rowingman
Just crossed the bar today. $15,316 EQD, 101,432 EQM, 13 segments.
13 segments! Very nice. Technically I had two award flights to complete everything, but in terms of qualification, it is similar to you, and I got only 10 flights.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I qualified recently, and actually suspect my numbers would merit CK consideration on their own...approx 105K EQM, 59K EQD, and 40 EQS. Maybe I'm way off on the CK part, but they're consistent with others who have made it.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ikwia
I qualified recently, and actually suspect my numbers would merit CK consideration on their own...approx 105K EQM, 59K EQD, and 40 EQS. Maybe I'm way off on the CK part, but they're consistent with others who have made it.
You did 59K eqd and 40 EQS in a month and a half
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Antarius
You did 59K eqd and 40 EQS in a month and a half
Yup. I won't sustain that pace of EQD, though
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
I am only 889 EQMs from qualifying for EXP this year:

Clearly an issue with the app on my phone (actually, both my US and Japan phones have the same issue) by not showing the correct numbers for qualifications. I get the same Gold qualifying numbers no matter which level is chosen.
Antarius and Beachfun71 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ikwia
You’re off on CK requirements unless it’s mostly premium fares on AA, and then AFAIK you’re still short from what I’ve seen — unless you’re also an influencer of travel.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
You’re off on CK requirements unless it’s mostly premium fares on AA, and then AFAIK you’re still short from what I’ve seen — unless you’re also an influencer of travel.
Looking at other data posted, I’m surprised you say this is off. I’m not at all worried about my CK requal (this year), but I would think my current stats are at least close, and we’re not even 2 months in. And yes, a great deal of this is premium fares on AA. The rest is (relatively) expensive Y on AA. But of course no one (here) really knows!

Last edited by ikwia; Feb 25, 2020 at 8:56 pm
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
My guess is that if this Corona Virus stuff keeps up, there will be a small fraction of the current EXP's requalifying in 2021. My hats off to the folks who nailed it by Feb. Get some rest.
In a typical year, I would have normally made one trip to China by April, with another 3 planned. I could easily make EXP with (2) paid R/T partner J's to China, and my standard domestic travel - but no China would mean no EXP for me. I'm sure I'm not alone.
robertablake likes this.

Last edited by skydve1; Mar 6, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: HH DFL, Hyatt Globalist, AA CK 3MM+, United 1K, National EE, Del Friscos Gold, Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls

Gotta be thru the partners. I always fly AA if I can - I am at 30K EQD and only 85K EQM. I don't care as much about EQM and its not worth suffering British Airways.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Shut down travel in the first half of March, but based on today's announcement with the reduced elite requirements, looks like I re-qualified for EP over a month ago!

apeortdz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.