Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Yea, you can actually ask for as many as you want. You can just stay at one club, and once you use up the 2 they give you (IME they normally give you two at a time), go back and ask for more. Repeat if you really drink that much
In the past, I usually got 2 at a time but about since a year or two ago,
I usually got only 1 at a time especially at DFW.

By the way, can I get certs at FL( JFK, ORD) as well?
I am not sure if I got the cert when I used FLs in the past.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
In the past, I usually got 2 at a time but about since a year or two ago,
I usually got only 1 at a time especially at DFW.

By the way, can I get certs at FL( JFK, ORD) as well?
I am not sure if I got the cert when I used FLs in the past.
You don't need certs at FLs as all drink options are complementary, thus they don't hand them out..
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by dayone
Now that they are working on the middle of the concourse, is the A Club affected by the terminal renovation?
No it is not.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 25, 2013 at 8:58 am Reason: close quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You don't need certs at FLs as all drink options are complementary, thus they don't hand them out..
My 1st choice is Red Bull that I have never seen in any FL
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:02 pm

And self serve, as well.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

You don't need certs at FLs as all drink options are complementary
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
And self serve, as well.
And provided at no charge.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lightbulb
Anyone else have issues with the maintenance/cleanliness of the showers in D? A couple of weeks ago, one shower had fresh towels...but....dried urine all over the toilet seat, hair all over the floor, a broken hair dryer, and a very leaky shower. I brought the cleaning lady in to clean the seat. Well, I had to get her off her cell phone first. I didn't know about the shower and hair dryer until after the shower. The towel mat was completely drenched after showering. Should I email AA? I told the AAngel everything at the desk, and she apologized.

Never seen that before. I almost always use the showers at the A club (which are the best, IMHO) and they are spotless....especially my favorite, #7.

I would have just requested to swap keys for a different shower and advised the front desk to have the dirty shower cleaned properly...
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:16 pm

My layover at DFW is over 3 hrs, and I've been skimming through this post, and all I see are shower and gym comments, which honestly I am not interested in.

Which one of the lounges has the best free drinks/food? Can one eat enough for lunch in any of the AC?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
My layover at DFW is over 3 hrs, and I've been skimming through this post, and all I see are shower and gym comments, which honestly I am not interested in.

Which one of the lounges has the best free drinks/food? Can one eat enough for lunch in any of the AC?
As far as I know, it's all pretty much the same. The free house drinks aren't really worth drinking, and there is only enough free food (usually snack mixes, some fruit, and some raw vegetables with ranch dressing) to munch on between flights. If you want lunch, you'll have to pay for it.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
All I've seen for free in the AC are snacks/fruit/muffins. Frankly, the food options are better in the terminal.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's possible the D lounge may be marginally better than the others, but the F&B are pretty much the same in every lounge. If you want to see what once was possible, the A Club has within it the remains of the Arrivals and Flagship lounges, now mere memories. For better options, the lounge used by BA et al has more offerings, albeit the lounges are smaller, and one is generally required to be using one of the airlines that use that third party operated set of lounges. (We used them ~10 days ago waiting for our BA flight, and then later when our tickets were endorsed to LH.)

Originally Posted by Priority Pass
Lounge: THE CLUB AT DFW
Location: Airside - adjacent to Gate D22. After clearing Security or arriving in Terminal D via Sky Link, follow the signs for 'Airline Clubs'. Proceed through the double glass doors marked 'Airline Clubs' next to Gate D22 and take the elevator to the 5th Floor.
Opening Hours: 07:30 - 19:30 daily.
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6

Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Long Layover Which Admirals Club at DFW?

We arrive around 3pm and have 4-5 hours, depending on immigration, so going from one terminal to another isn't a problem if one of the clubs is much better/nicer/quieter than another. We would like the quietest club on a hopefully quiet Tuesday afternoon. I have been to a couple of the clubs there before and one of them I really liked but can't for the life of me remember which one it was!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I think B gets the least traffic, and it always seems quieter than the other three to me. That's the one I gravitate to.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
If you're getting off of an intercontinental flight, head to the A Admirals Club and take a shower. I always find A to be relatively quiet (there are even a few nooks that are almost always empty), and the showers are the best I've ever used in my life, anywhere, ever... and I'm not overstating.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, PreCheck
I too like A. In addition to the showers, which are very good, it has some aerobic exercise equipment which, if you're included, can really refresh you after a long flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.